Davos in the Finale < SPOILERS >

I remember an interview with Liam Cunningham where he mentions that GRRM pulled him aside when the show started and told him Davos Seaworth's arc and what role he plays in the ending. He said he was blown away.

With one episode remaining I have no idea what that could be. Anyone care to do a quick fan fictioning of his ending?

Or it could have been one of the bullet points The Double D's ignored...

Comments

• He comforts Dany after the battle. She is so grateful for kindness they fall in love and ride to Essos together on Drogon’s back. Dany happily rules in the east and Davos happily lives his life and sees Salador San from time to time to compare war stories.

I think Davos is actually married though so maybe not.  
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    He should be the bloody king. He’s the most sensible one among the lot of them. 

Also, who wouldn’t want to hear Ser Davos doing the King’s message on TV every Christmas with that lovely rich voice? 
    CapeGabeZoner07bazjenster
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    The episode opens with Davos telling Jon that HALF of the scorpions actually survived. He mans a scorpion and kills Drogon. Seriously though, it's really hard to imagine what Davos could do in the next episode that would be epic at all. I can't see him killing anyone that matters at this point.

A lot has changed since the show started off, both with the directions of characters and how much material they used from the books (and GRRM's relationship with the show). I could very well see Liam being "blown away" by being told in season 1 or 2 about Davos becoming a lord, surviving Stannis's shit show, serving as the right-hand man of the King in the North, making it possible to resurrect Jon by defending his body, helping the Starks take back Winterfell, involved with defeating the Night King, probably killing Mel in the books, etc.
    He might not even be talking about some incredible thing Davos does at the very end of the books at the point we are now in the show.

I guess he could smuggle something important out of KL? Who or what that would be is beyond me. Maybe he throws Tyrion into a bag of fermented crab and they sail to Essos together?
  • Dee said:

Also, who wouldn’t want to hear Ser Davos doing the King’s message on TV every Christmas with that lovely rich voice? 
    *Tyrion invents TV just for this*
    DeeReni
  • I guess he could smuggle something important out of KL? Who or what that would be is beyond me. Maybe he throws Tyrion into a bag of fermented crab and they sail to Essos together?
    More likely Danerys
    CeciliaM said:
    I guess he could smuggle something important out of KL? Who or what that would be is beyond me. Maybe he throws Tyrion into a bag of fermented crab and they sail to Essos together?
    More likely Danerys
    I'm not sure Dany would fit in a bag of fermented crab. Maybe a large bag?
    CeciliaM
  • CeciliaM said:
    More likely Danerys
    I'm not sure Dany would fit in a bag of fermented crab. Maybe a large bag?
    True, she is petite, but def. larger than Tyrion.
  • I guess he could smuggle something important out of KL? Who or what that would be is beyond me. Maybe he throws Tyrion into a bag of fermented crab and they sail to Essos together?
    He better hit up that brothel ASAP after he arrives in Essos. If one bite would put a hole through chain mail, imagine what being covered in the stuff for an entire journey across the Narrow Sea would do.
    Seriously though, if I'm Davos I'm running in the opposite direction of Dany ASAP. We didn't get his reaction during the battle when Dany went crazy and they started slaughtering innocent people and soldiers who surrendered, but crazy Dany will probably look at Davos as if he has betrayed her too since he is Jon's right-hand bro.
  • I've been thinking and can't come up with anything. Probably a bullet point they skipped. 

Maybe he kills Drogon and becomes Davos Dragonsbane
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Didn't Jon ask him to smuggle something this past episode, and we never heard what it was?
  • edited May 14
    Didn't Jon ask him to smuggle something this past episode, and we never heard what it was?
    Wasn't it Tyrion not Jon? I think it was the boat at the exit for the Kingslayer in case he made it out with Cersei
    Tyrion asked Davos to use his smuggling skills for him after his conversation with Jaime.

It's assumed he was talking about Jaime into or out of the city.
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    "What's that you say, Lord Hand? Betray the Dragon Queen? Help the Usurper escape the Queen's Justice? No problem. You want some frickin' fries with that shit?"
    CapeGabe
  • Davos is in my top 3 favorite characters in the books, but has he done anything in the show since Stannis' death? They put him on the sideline, like so many others. If he does something epic I'm afraid it will not feel earned or well explained.
  • Nothing interesting about Davos in finale. Looks like the answer is Davos will be very different in the books 
  • Dee said:

The Bloomin' Onion King???!!?

Guarantee Davos was a choice if they did multiple anti-spoiler versions. 
    DeeCapeGabeCeciliaM
  • CapeGabe said:
    Nothing interesting about Davos in finale. Looks like the answer is Davos will be very different in the books 
    I mean, he did become Master of Ships. No doubt that's a huge deal to the Onion Knight.
  • Reni said:
    CapeGabe said:
    Nothing interesting about Davos in finale. Looks like the answer is Davos will be very different in the books 
    I mean, he did become Master of Ships. No doubt that's a huge deal to the Onion Knight.

The reason I started this discussion was the actor said GRRM pulled him aside when he started to tell him Davos' arc and no one else. So I figured it was something big. Whatever happens in the books must be bigger than Master of Ships.