New GoT podcast theme music reminds me of...

meskojmeskoj Manchester, MI
...the Airwolf theme song!  Does anyone else think this as well?  I mean, as soon as I heard it images of black helicopters came flooding into my head.  I looked it up and it's not exactly the same (of course) but you'd have to agree they have a similar sound, right?  ;)

This is a compliment too.  It means I enjoy it (much better than the out dated rap)!

I just had to share this random thought with everyone.

Jeff
Georgexile

Comments

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Ha ha, Airwolf. Fuckin' Airwolf.
    meskoj
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yup, that's why I love it so much!  Airwolf and Knightrider were my jam back in the day.
    meskoj
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    To me it sounds like it would be the music if there was a 1990s video game version of GoT.
    meskoj
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    It's crap & not needed at end of cast either. A simple, " I'm Jim & I'm A.Ron would have done.,Sorry my opinion differs to ya all.
    steph_blatejanafria@yahoo.com
  • steph_bsteph_b Austin
    It reminds me of Manheim Steamroller. I'm with @MmmBop but anything's better than Arya's Prayer from last season.
    MmmBop
  • MmmBopMmmBop United Kingdom
    @steph_b haha I liked Arya's prayer but it would not fit in now, her prayer has changed.
    steph_bCorylatejanafria@yahoo.com
  • I miss the metal step theme from Night's Watch
    steph_bhypergenesblatejanafria@yahoo.com
  • I like the new theme. It's very 80's, almost like an arcade game. Reminds me of Tron.
    Corymeskoj
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I preferred Arya's Prayer.

I never did like NES/SNES game music. :p
    latejanafria@yahoo.com
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, the Metal Step is/was epic.  I loved when we used to pipe that in live so we could hear it in our headphones, always got me pumped.
    steph_bCoryRaiyne
  • steph_bsteph_b Austin
    Arya's Prayer reminds me of when your dorky teacher raps to make learning cool.
    meskojAmbitiousBukky
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    I became musically aware in 1983. So I'm a fan.
  • ive been watching the live casts this season after I get out of work(i like seeing the stuff that happens while recording aka cursing the lawn mower man and the thunder strike reactions). I had no idea they changed it. Can someone link me to a full version of that song? I like it

I also like all the other ones too. Although Arya's prayer took a couple listens to appreciate it.

It reminds me of theFringe opener when they did there 1985 flashback episode

• joschmanjoschman Fargo, ND
    Reminds me of someone laying down the GOT theme over some Casio stock beats. It be a lot cooler if actually was 8 bit music.

AmbitiousBukky