Supporters of the Episode 805 The Bells, I have some questions.

2»

Comments

• Anominal said:
    It’s getting to the point where if you support episode 5, people who don’t like the episode want you to explain yourself in the same vein as if you voted for Trump...time to chill out on both sides 
    So we can have threads asking to explain why people dislike the episode, but can't ask what people saw in this episode and what they're taking with them into the finale? I don't even think that second part has even been talked about much in any of the discussions. 
    You asked 26 questions that speak to the mind and thought process of another human being who lives in another place that’s isn’t real and neither is she...are supporters of the episode supposed to take that seriously?

Because if it was meant seriously and not as another sarcastic slant towards people who just enjoy the show then I honestly and un-sarcastically apologize, for real, there has been so much personal attacking going on (on both sides as well as myself I’m sure) that it would be easy to mistake an unironically asked question for a sarcastic one...so seriously if it wasn’t meant in jest then mea culpa  
    I think his comment that immediately followed his main post sums up what he means and wants from this post...

"I don’t necessarily expect that to be answered point by point. It was a brain dump of questions. It mostly boils down to that end. What was she thinking in that exact moment the bells were ringing, and she looks out at the rooftops and keep, and we see her face and then commits to destroying the city. And what is her state of mind coming into the finale." 

“What is her state of mind coming into the finale”...Damn what a question to ponder.... if I had to guess it would be one word....Resolved 
    Anominal
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    adampasz said:
    Dany did not obliterate Cersei who should have been a direct target. Instead Cersei dies in a tunnel under rocks. This is based on what I’ve seen and not interpretation
    Yeah, I agree the creators made a pretty big mis-step here, and have left us with an interesting mess to ponder.

This was deliberate. She didn't want Cersei to have a quick death. She wanted Cersei to watch her city burn. She wanted Cersei to suffer.
    If this is your interpretation then know I don’t think the same way. If this is evident in the show please tell me where. 
  • adampasz said:
    Dany did not obliterate Cersei who should have been a direct target. Instead Cersei dies in a tunnel under rocks. This is based on what I’ve seen and not interpretation
    Yeah, I agree the creators made a pretty big mis-step here, and have left us with an interesting mess to ponder.

This was deliberate. She didn't want Cersei to have a quick death. She wanted Cersei to watch her city burn. She wanted Cersei to suffer.
    If this is your interpretation then know I don’t think the same way. If this is evident in the show please tell me where. 
    It's evident in the rapid cutting between Cersei and Dany and the Keep. It goes round those things a number of times. We know from the look on Dany's face at the end of the previous episode how she felt. It explains why Dany looks actually distress by the sound of the bell. I think it would have been sold far better with the split second shot of Missandei's head falling intercut with Dany's face. But it seemed clear enough to me the second watch through.
    rkcrawf
  • It’s getting to the point where if you support episode 5, people who don’t like the episode want you to explain yourself in the same vein as if you voted for Trump...time to chill out on both sides 
    My first thought exactly. I thought this episode was one for the ages. If that incites a negative feeling in some way so be it. I surely don’t have to explain myself. Detractors are always louder than what is often the silent majority. 
  • @Teresa from Concord I think that’s a good take. It does scare Cersei but there are other ways to scare Cersei. Cersei doesn’t care about the people, and Dany knows this already.