POSE

aberry89aberry89 California
edited May 16 in Other TV
I haven't been on these forums in a hot minute, and maybe this is old news at this point --  but I binged the new Ryan Murphy show Pose, that dropped on Netflix a few days ago in a single day, and it's probably his best since maybe the first season of American Horror Story - except with a hell of a lot more heart, and a much more serious subject matter on the table. For those that don't know, it takes place in the late 1980's New York City, following the Black and Latino ball culture (kinda like a drag show but not really). Because it's Ryan Murphy it's fabulous as fuck and is oooozing with FERICE FERIOCITY

There have been few shows about the lives of trans people, but most of them portray them as rich, white, or played by cis men and women, and I feel the writers made a real effort to show the other side, the less seen side of the trans world. This would be such an amazing show for Cecily and A.Ron to cover - even if it's just a season wrap up. Second season is premiering June 9th, any idea if this will be covered by BaldMove?
telephoneofmadness

Comments

• Glad to see someone else absolutely loving this show. I grew up in NYC in the 80’s. This show is spot on. If you like this you should check out Paris is Burning. 
    aberry89
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I thought there was a post on Pose aliready but yes it is an amazing show. I can’t wait for season 2 next month. 
    aberry89blacksunrise7
  • I'm on episode 2. Good so far.
    Evan Peters' character is going to murder this girl, right? Guy seems like a psycho.
    Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I've been thinking about watching this.  After this thread, I think I'll start it this weekend.
    And also, welcome back @aberry89! :smile:
    Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Okay, so I started this last night.  I got through the first three episodes and, I dunno.  I can't really get into it.  I like Ryan Murphy's work and this is an important subject so I'm glad he's bringing it to the forefront, but it just didn't 'click' for me.  I will say that the acting is really well done though.
  • I'm on episode... 5 or 6. It seemed like a lot was happening in the first few episodes, but since then I'm finding it repetitive because they have balls in every episode. Also, I'm finding the HIV hospital scenes really unpleasant. But, the feels. I will watch the rest of the season.
  • It was one of my favorite shows last year. A very unexpected surprise. Billy Porter steals the show.

I am excited to see where they take it in Season 2. June 11! Can't wait.
    Elisa