Finale of thrones

Here’s another shot in the dark.  

Danny will have Jon,  Tyrian and Davos, all arrested and sentenced to death  for treason. Before the execution Aria Well get her face one way or the another and lift this execution and instead command Jon  to take his birthright becoming king.   He then given the chance will kill Danny, unknowing it was Aria.  There will be no one sitting on the Iron throne and the Kingdoms will Govern themselves 

Comments

• Only one way to get a face, dude.  They probably wouldn't let that happen off-screen.
    gjames80
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    GOT ended last episode. The ones who backed Danny are [mostly] alive, the ones who didn't are dead. She mass murdered a million innocents and is now Queen of the 7 Kingdoms from the ashes of the Iron throne. The End.

The final hour will just be to set-up and launch all the prequel & sequel properties they want to start.

Frakkin Tgjames80
  • redlancer said:
    GOT ended last episode. The ones who backed Danny are [mostly] alive, the ones who didn't are dead. She mass murdered a million innocents and is now Queen of the 7 Kingdoms from the ashes of the Iron throne. The End.

The final hour will just be to set-up and launch all the prequel & sequel properties they want to start.

This is sort of what I fear is going to happen.
    gjames80
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    CeciliaM said:
    redlancer said:

This is sort of what I fear is going to happen.
    I'm ok with this ending but we need a Stark bloodbath to top it off
    budesignsken hale
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited May 17
    redlancer said:

Yeah, nah. Cant see it.

Also, even if there was  something relevant left to prepare us for a prequel set 8,000 years ago, I doubt D&D give a shit enough about that project they arent involved with to include it in their finale episode.  HBO doesn't even have that dumb "Confederates" project to hold over them. They're about to get that Disney money.
  • AnominalAnominal San Francisco Bay Area
    edited May 18
    I don't know how I would feel if that actually happened. There's a possibility I could like it. 

However, D&D aren't subtle. They set up Sana vs Dany multiple times and kept on interrupting it. It is going to be resolved in some way next episode. But after spending the first half of the episode doing that, I guess it could happen that Dany wins in the end.

I wouldn't say there's a zero chance of that final outcome, but there will at least be something going on first before any story wrap-ups.
    gjames80
  • I hope they don’t go SJW and go easy on Dany’s death like they did Cersei. We need to see her die by Jon’s hand. 
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    dolphin said:
    I hope they don’t go SJW and go easy on Dany’s death like they did Cersei. We need to see her die by Jon’s hand. 
    What's SJW?
    Svornair
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    Frakkin T said:
    dolphin said:
    I hope they don’t go SJW and go easy on Dany’s death like they did Cersei. We need to see her die by Jon’s hand. 
    What's SJW?
    A good thing made into an insult by people who are uncomfortable with change

https://fee.org/articles/how-the-term-social-justice-warrior-became-an-insult/

I have no idea how it applies here

ken haleBloodyTacogjames80Frakkin TakritenbrinkgguenotBhorten1
  • Frakkin T said:
    dolphin said:
    What's SJW?
    SJW is a very useful tool, because whenever you see someone use it seriously online you know you can completely ignore anything they say because it's gonna be dumb. 
    BloodyTacochriskpodcartfanFrakkin TakritenbrinkCeciliaMBhorten1
    Anominal said:
    I don't know how I would feel if that actually happened. There's a possibility I could like it. 

However, D&D aren't subtle. They set up Sana vs Dany multiple times and kept on interrupting it. It is going to be resolved in some way tomorrow. But after spending the first half of the episode doing that, I guess it could happen that Dany wins in the end.

I wouldn't say there's a zero chance of that final outcome, but there will at least be something going on first before any story wrap-ups.

I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek with the "it's already over" idea, but I don't  think we're too far from it. I'm amused by the multiple forum posts and websites and youtube videos that are trying to connect some of the tiny dots from S8 to all the other seasons and books and characters and prophecies with little crumbs of storylines and plot threads. All of these are cool ideas, but almost everything I've seen would take multiple episodes and/or seasons to play out. They've got 70 minutes of what's now not-so-subtle storytelling they're wrapping up. What we've already seen is what we're getting. If anything, Danny just continues her rampage and destroys every city and castle in Westeros and proclaims "Wheel broken, deal with it".

majjam0770
  • edited May 17
    Danny is barren and cannot leave the throne to a Targaryen offspring.  She destroyed Cersei because she knew if left alive Cersei would still be a threat and doesn’t keep her word on agreements.  Tyrion will realize Varys was right and kill Dany for ending his house and end hers in return.  Jon will kill Tyrion out of principle and relinquish the throne to Sansa.  Jon and Arya will go to Winterfell and brood together about why Bran is so weird now.
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    edited May 17
    I’m really puzzled how they’ll deal with Dany’s army in a way that makes sense. Jon might forgive his men but is he going’s to put his against hers when they defend her? Only thing that makes sense that isn’t a total bummer is her ceding power which is hard to envision. 
  • edited May 17
    oops wrong account login
  • chrisk said:
    I’m really puzzled how they’ll deal with Dany’s army in a way that makes sense. Jon might forgive his men but is he going’s to put his against hers when they defend her? Only thing that makes sense that isn’t a total bummer is her ceding power which is hard to envision. 
    Maybe they all end up going back to Essos somehow.  Maybe Dany retains title of queen of 7 kingdoms but mostly stays in Essos and sets up Jon as regent or something. Probably not. But she has a history of leaving her boyfriends in charge of kingdoms so it has been foreshadowed
    chrisk said:
    I’m really puzzled how they’ll deal with Dany’s army in a way that makes sense. 

I don't think they can, they broke their own show. She turned a huge city to a smoldering burnt landscape in minutes. Nobody has any capability to deal with her storywise without just pulling out the dues ex machina machine and calling it a wrap. As mentioned by Jim & Aron, she has nukes while everyone else has bows & arrows.
    redlancer said:
    chrisk said:

I don't think they can, they broke their own show. She turned a huge city to a smoldering burnt landscape in minutes. Nobody has any capability to deal with her storywise without just pulling out the dues ex machina machine and calling it a wrap. As mentioned by Jim & Aron, she has nukes while everyone else has bows & arrows.
    All it takes is someone killing her, and her "nuke" probably flies away home.

It's been es established that Arya can get to her no matter how well she is guarded. Jon can get private time with her. The idea that they cant make common sense of her being killed is ridiculous to me.

If she dies and Drogon goes off elsewhere as dragons are want to do, why would the Unsullied stay, or who would they serve?
    Teresa from Concord
    redlancer said:
    chrisk said:

It's been es established that Arya can get to her no matter how well she is guarded. Jon can get private time with her. The idea that they cant make common sense of her being killed is ridiculous to me.

If she dies and Drogon goes off elsewhere as dragons are want to do, why would the Unsullied stay, or who would they serve?

Yeah, but that's almost worse:

"She killed everybody so we killed her and the dragon and armies went home the end."

:)

• I don't know. I just don't really expect a happy ending from this show.
    ken hale
    redlancer said:
    redlancer said:
    chrisk said:

"She killed everybody so we killed her and the dragon and armies went home the end."

Well, yeah, you could break most stories down to sound simplistic at the most basic level.

Whether it works really just depends on how they stage, film, and score it all. I'm just saying that it's probably not fair for anyone to make Dany out to be some unstoppable force when we know that there are plenty of realistic ways around her living/ruling. 

And whether or not that's a bittersweet ending depends on how invested one was in specific characters living and being happy at the end. I never cared about a specific character being alive at the end (except Ghost), and I saw the Dany turn to darkness coming years ago back in season 5.

• CeciliaM said:
    I don't know. I just don't really expect a happy ending from this show.
    Sam and Gilly will probably be ok.  I'm sure Pod's doing well (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).
    CeciliaM
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    No matter how it ends we know the score will be amazing. I hope Ramin Djawadi gets an Emmy and a fat contract for a future box office movie!
    JTKIIIDoctor_Nick
  • redlancer said:
    redlancer said:
    chrisk said:

I'm going to start off by saying @redlancer I am not singling you out or saying I believe this is your thought process going into the finale.  I hope the people that hated episode 5 can go into the final episode with at least some neutrality. I feel like a lot of the people that hated episode 5 have already made it up their minds that they are going into episode 6, whether consciously or subconsciously, negatively. I understand the people that can't get over what they did to Dany in that moment the bells were ringing and I feel bad for them because, while it wasn't portrayed the best, it was portrayed well enough in my opinion to not have a problem with it. It saddens me this series is going out on such a controversial note but in reality I think this was inevitable. 
    That was actually Chickens solution that the easiest way out of the show will likely be just have someone kill Danny, probably Arya. I was just boiling it down to a sarcastically oversimplified plot point.

My whole point was they effectively ended the show with episode 5 for better or worse. We're in epilogue territory here, but people still seem to be expecting huge amounts of plot development in this last episode.

• redlancer said:
    That was actually Chickens solution that the easiest way out of the show will likely be just have someone kill Danny, probably Arya. I was just boiling it down to a sarcastically oversimplified plot point.

My whole point was they effectively ended the show with episode 5 for better or worse. We're in epilogue territory here, but people still seem to be expecting huge amounts of plot development in this last episode.

We've still got an hour and 18 minutes worth of show left. I don't think this last episode is going to be as much epilogue as you think, probably the last 20 minutes or so is my guess. We'll find out tomorrow night. 
    gguenot
  • redlancer said:
    chrisk said:

I don’t see Drogon just bailing out if Daenerys dies. That would be his mother dying and I think there would be hell to pay.
    telephoneofmadness
    No matter how it ends we know the score will be amazing. I hope Ramin Djawadi gets an Emmy and a fat contract for a future box office movie!
    Ramin was the composer for the World of Warcraft movie and The Great Wall.  And don't forget Pacific Rim and Dracula Untold.

So there's that!
    Teresa from Concordtelephoneofmadness
  • asmallcat said:
    Frakkin T said:
    dolphin said:
    What's SJW?
    SJW is a very useful tool, because whenever you see someone use it seriously online you know you can completely ignore anything they say because it's gonna be dumb. 
    Wow that’s harsh yo....I don’t think we should be the type of platform that makes these kind of generalizations...I personally feel that “St Johns Wort” actually is “a very useful tool” that’s can help fight certain mental issues and just because someone is using it in no way should nullify what they are saying 
    Frakkin Ttelephoneofmadness
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    And finally I know what SJW is. Never guessed it was just an herb 
    Frakkin T

• GOT has one last chance to end up in the Breaking bad club instead of the Dexter club

gguenottelephoneofmadnessken hale