Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited May 17
    haha really? Vampire Batman! i mean afterall,  bats turn into vampires right?
    CapeGabe
  • MichelleMichelle California
    No. Just no. 
    CapeGabe
  • MrXMrX CO
    Pattinson has actually had a pretty interesting career post-Twilight, he was in a couple Cronnenberg films and had some other roles that were well reviewed.
    darthcaedus1138Travis
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    After the shitshow the DCEU has been since Man of Steel, I can't bring myself to even give a shit about this movie. DC should stick to their animated movies, which are excellent, and TV shows, which are at least very popular.
    CapeGabeken hale
    can we just start over and have Jon Hamm be Bruce Wayne? have it start out with him having a bad dream, that's a montage of all the recent DCEU movies.
    Travis
  • MrXMrX CO
    Chinaski said:
    can we just start over and have Jon Hamm be Bruce Wayne? have it start out with him having a bad dream, that's a montage of all the recent DCEU movies.

He wouldn't even need a cowl - could just grow out his beard!

ChinaskiTravis
    MrX said:
    Chinaski said:

He wouldn't even need a cowl - could just grow out his beard!

haha yes! and have classic lines such as.. 'excuse me? i'm Bruce Wayne? would Bruce Wayne have this beard? i don't think so. i'm the Bat... Maaaaan... <lights up cigarette>'
    Chinaski said:
    Ohhhhhh, yes please. :love:

Or, you know, that might be a good casting choice.  Whatever.  I don't know.  lol
  • How about Jon Hamm voices an animated Batman series and cancel all live action Batman movies forever? 
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    Bat-Sparkle!
    Chinaskicdrive
    Bat-Sparkle!
    he sparkles when he becomes batman.. go on..
    CretanBull
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    edited May 17
    Not so fast! Deadline is saying it's not a done deal and that Nicholas Hoult (Beast in the new X-Men and Nux from Mad Max Fury Road) is also in the running

Edit: Jon Hamm is probably the only actor who could get me excited to see Batman on screen again. 
    Chinaski
  • LordByLordBy Utah
    Pattinson?

#Fail
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I saw the title of this and thought it must be a joke. But no? I think I have to lie down. 
    CapeGabeChinaskiMichelle
  • Never seen his previous work to bias but just going on looks if you want a younger Batman who better? Great jaw line, intense good looking guy with a bit of edge & decent height for an actor at 1.85 m. Just get him on the Hollywood steroids. 
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    I am actually ok with this, at least willing to give it a shot. He has been doing some really good under the radar work recently (Good Time, High Life come to mind). He isn't just the guy from Twilight anymore.
    chriskdarthcaedus1138
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Can we just enough with the Batman already? Fucking hell man.  
    Michelleken hale
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited May 17
    kuman07 said:
    I am actually ok with this, at least willing to give it a shot. He has been doing some really good under the radar work recently (Good Time, High Life come to mind). He isn't just the guy from Twilight anymore.
    Lost City of Z was another good one. And in Cosmopolis he kind of had a Bruce Wayne coming unhinged vibe going on.

darthcaedus1138
    cdrive said:
    That's how I feel about the Fast & Furious movies and (don't @ me!) all of the Marvel universe movies.
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    edited May 17
    I don't really give a shit about Batman anymore, but Pattinson has been getting nothing but praise his work the past few years. This is a weird freakout based on a franchise that ended 7 years ago.

People have forgotten the reaction to Ledger, I think.
    darthcaedus1138
  • calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    It all depends on how good the script is and if the director is allowed to take his time, have limited interference from the execs and follow his vision.  

Ledger is an excellent example of you cannot always base past performances on what an actor would be like in this role. He could be great IF he even gets the role.  They want a younger Batman because this is set in the past of the current DCU movie universe.

They are never going to stop making Batman movies.  Arguably the most popular comic book character in the world, they aren't mothballing him.

That's like asking Marvel to not use Spider-Man.  It's just silly. 
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited May 17
    Michelle said:
    cdrive said:
    That's how I feel about the Fast & Furious movies and (don't @ me!) all of the Marvel universe movies.
    haha hi-five, @Michelle ; Tokyo Drift? More like Tokyo Whiff.  I do not get the appeal. That shit is like Axe body spray to me. Haven't seen one of those 12 movies. Haven't seen Sicarios or Tom Wick or John Born either.  
    MichelleCretanBullChinaski
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    edited May 17
    https://twitter.com/mattzollerseitz/status/1108921238448193536

Twitter embeds don't seem to work for me these days. Anyway. 
    MZS‏ @mattzollerseitz
    I love how Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson were made fun of pretty much continuously during the Twilight era, and now between them they are almost single-handedly keeping a certain kind of auteur-driven art house movie alive in theaters.
    10:40 PM - 21 Mar 2019

majjam0770
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    I remember back in the day when Batman '89 was in production and everybody thought Michael Keaton as Batman was ridiculous. Mr. Mom as Batman? Betelgeuse as Batman?

Turned out as a great choice and arguably launched what would become our modern 'Comicbook movies that didn't totally suck' genre.

Though I do have to agree that Batman the character has become worn a bit thin in the last 30 years. Let the guy rest for a decade or so...
    majjam0770
    cdrive said:
    Michelle said:
    cdrive said:
    haha hi-five, @Michelle ; Tokyo Drift? More like Tokyo Whiff.  I do not get the appeal. That shit is like Axe body spray to me. Haven't seen one of those 12 movies. Haven't seen Sicarios or Tom Wick or John Born either.  
    I avoided those movies like the plague, not a single thing about them appealed to me at all..I'm not a 'car guy', I don't care for any of the actors, tend to avoid action movies in general and get personally annoyed with movies that I feel like insult my intelligence.

Then I saw the first one.  Then immediately afterwards I saw the rest of them.

They aren't good movies.  They're bad movies.  But they're also the crack cocaine of movies...just one hit and your brain goes out the window and you find yourself cheering on Vin Diesel as he drags a giant bank vault wrapped in chains through the streets of Miami.

majjam0770cdrive
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Woa woa woa, let's get the Tokyo Drift slander out of here. That movie is the height of one of the greatest motion picture franchises of all time.
    cdrive
    Woa woa woa, let's get the Tokyo Drift slander out of here. That movie is the height of one of the greatest motion picture franchises of all time.
    That movie is like the Coy and Vance season of the Dukes of Hazard where they didn't want to pay the actors and just replaced them for a year!
    redlancerMichelleChinaskicdrive
    That movie is like the Coy and Vance season of the Dukes of Hazard where they didn't want to pay the actors and just replaced them for a year!
    Canadians watched the Dukes of Hazzard (the Coy and Vance season no less)? now that's insightful!
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco

Even with that disadvantage they made a masterpiece and introduced Han, the best character in the franchise. He was so good they warped the entire timeline of the movies so they could bring him into the later ones. I've come around on the rest of the series 4+ but this is my favorite because it's the most racing focused out of all of them, it doesn't rely on throwing weird custom made vehicles you've never seen before at helicopters.

CretanBull