Robert Pattinson Batman?

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Woa woa woa, let's get the Tokyo Drift slander out of here. That movie is the height of one of the greatest motion picture franchises of all time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afIFzAo384k
    CretanBull
    Bat-Sparkle!
    hahaha 
    CretanBullChinaski
  • Chinaski said:
    Woa woa woa, let's get the Tokyo Drift slander out of here. That movie is the height of one of the greatest motion picture franchises of all time.
    That movie is like the Coy and Vance season of the Dukes of Hazard where they didn't want to pay the actors and just replaced them for a year!
    Canadians watched the Dukes of Hazzard (the Coy and Vance season no less)? now that's insightful!
    I was going to write a long reply about how - as a big city boy - I found the life and wholesome values of rural America charming, but I'll cut to the chase.  Daisy Duke's appeal to adolescent boys transcends boarders.  YEEEHAAAW!  

Chinaski
  • Woa woa woa, let's get the Tokyo Drift slander out of here. That movie is the height of one of the greatest motion picture franchises of all time.
    That movie is like the Coy and Vance season of the Dukes of Hazard where they didn't want to pay the actors and just replaced them for a year!

Even with that disadvantage they made a masterpiece and introduced Han, the best character in the franchise. He was so good they warped the entire timeline of the movies so they could bring him into the later ones. I've come around on the rest of the series 4+ but this is my favorite because it's the most racing focused out of all of them, it doesn't rely on throwing weird custom made vehicles you've never seen before at helicopters.

What is has in realism it's missing in a car driving out the side of an office tower and landing in another building :)
    bizmarkiefader
  • walktheskywalkthesky New York
    Here we go, I bet a petition is started for this too. Lmao. I remember the outrage over Heath as the joker.
    Travis
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco

Even with that disadvantage they made a masterpiece and introduced Han, the best character in the franchise. He was so good they warped the entire timeline of the movies so they could bring him into the later ones. I've come around on the rest of the series 4+ but this is my favorite because it's the most racing focused out of all of them, it doesn't rely on throwing weird custom made vehicles you've never seen before at helicopters.

What is has in realism it's missing in a car driving out the side of an office tower and landing in another building :)

None of the other ones have this:

CretanBull
  • I like Pattinson, but I don't think he's too good to play Batman. Batman can still be a really good character. I don't see why everyone is so upset.
    I vote Kumail Nanjiani. Stop making it a white guy all the time. And when it’s not a white guy stop defaulting to Stringer Bell. Kumail is 5’9” but so is Michael Keaton, who still reigns as best Batman ever. 
    Travis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    we got a Catwoman. i'm into it..

also heard Jonah Hill as the villain.
    RyanReeseman
  • This cast is really starting to get interesting. I’ve not seen her in much, but Kravitz certainly has the look to pull it off, and pairs well with Pattinson. I like that they’re going considerably younger with the cast. 
  • When I first heard Pattinson as Batman I really questioned the casting choice but after thinking about it a bit more I think he could pull off a pretty good Batman.  Haven't seen Kravitz in anything but like @RyanReeseman I think she could pull off the look really well.  I'll definitely be seeing it but my expectations will be in check. 
    Chinaski said:

I'm so amped about Zoe Kravitz as catwoman.  Especially after getting into Big Little Lies this year.  Step aside, Michelle.  
  • Read today that Jonah Hill is out and Seth Rogan is in talks to be Penguin. 
    Chinaski
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:

I'm so amped about Zoe Kravitz as catwoman.  Especially after getting into Big Little Lies this year.  Step aside, Michelle.  
    I think you mean Anne Hathaway.  It's been a minute since Batman Returns.

I hope they use the Long Halloween as a roadmap for this movie.  I'd also enjoy some Court of Owls elements in the movie, but I'm glad they are focusing on Batman as a detective and we've not really seen that extensively in live action yet.  

I am glad Jonah Hill is out because I'm not a fan, but I'm not sure about Seth Rogan either.  
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Now the broader public will discover how fucking fantastic Paul Dano is. Maybe. (cast as The Riddler)
    ChinaskiRyanReeseman
    JaimieT said:
    Now the broader public will discover how fucking fantastic Paul Dano is. Maybe. (cast as The Riddler)
    was just about to post that news with my stokeness over it. liking this casting so far!
    JaimieT
  • I think he's mostly joking, but can definitely see George Costanza muttering gleefully as he murders you with absolutely zero qualms about it...

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/10/17/the-batman-cast-penguin-jason-alexander

• JaimieT said:
    I don’t know what’s going to blow people away more, learning who Paul Dano is, or learning that Robert Pattinson isn’t actually a sparkling vampire. 

I hope the script can live up to this cast so far. I’m so intrigued to find out what this movie is actually going to be about.

I hope the script can live up to this cast so far. I’m so intrigued to find out what this movie is actually going to be about.
    'full noir detective mode' which i'm all for:

• Paul Dano is one of the best actors in the business. He went toe to toe with one of the best actors ever in there will be blood. I’m stoked with this casting. 
  • Andy Serkis and Colin Farrell are in talks to join the cast as Alfred and Penguin respectively.
    I want Leslie Jordan as penguin.  Devito set the bar low! Andy is too tall!   YOU'RE TOO TALL MAN! TOO TALL!
  • cdrive said:
    I want Leslie Jordan as penguin.  Devito set the bar low! Andy is too tall!   YOU'RE TOO TALL MAN! TOO TALL!
    Andy is Alfred.
    cdrive said:
    Andy is Alfred.
    You're messing with me right?! Come on you're totally messing with me!
    Teresa from Concord
  • cdrive said:
    cdrive said:
    Andy is Alfred.
    You're messing with me right?! Come on you're totally messing with me!
    Nope hahahahhaha.  Very interesting choice in casting.  I really have some optimism with Robert Pattinson after seeing him in The Lighthouse.  Dude can act.  But those castings have me concerned.  More so Collin Farrell than Andy Serkis.  Gotham did really well with Robin Lord Taylor as penguin and he was quite tall for the role.  It's more how it's acted than it is physical stature in my opinion but I've also never read any of the comics so take that at what it's worth. 
  • kuman07kuman07 Kansas City
    Just saw The Lighthouse recently and the dude has some serious acting chops. I have no concerns with him playing Batman but still needs a good story to work with. Also really excited to see him in the new Christopher Nolan film with John David Washington.
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    edited November 2019
    After seeing all of these villains being set in the story and it supposedly being more focused on Batman as a detective, I'm pretty sure they are using the Long Halloween as the starting point for the screen play.

That's a great story so this could be special.   I've heard McCaunahey (sp) is being eyed for two face as well. The Joker is in that story as well, I wonder if they leave him out of this or include him?
  • kuman07 said:
    Just saw The Lighthouse recently and the dude has some serious acting chops. I have no concerns with him playing Batman but still needs a good story to work with. Also really excited to see him in the new Christopher Nolan film with John David Washington.
    I second that.  John David Washington has done some damn fine work and that movie looks like it has the potential to be amazing.  
  • I just don’t understand why you get someone as interesting as Andy Serkis and then saddle him with the role of Old Butler Father Figure. 

There are half a hundred British dudes you can give that role to. Sean Bean. Tuh duh.
  • We're living through a Pattinsonissance