Robert Pattinson Batman?

13»

Comments

• edited November 2019
    There are half a hundred British dudes you can give that role to. Sean Bean. Tuh duh.
    Because that would mean Alfred would die halfway through the movie. 

Hatorian
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Has anyone mentioned Jeffrey Wright's casting as Commissioner Gordon? The casting on this thing is so up my alley. I am pumped. 
    BroRad33
  • Has anyone mentioned Jeffrey Wright's casting as Commissioner Gordon? The casting on this thing is so up my alley. I am pumped. 
    I second this and no I don't think anyone mentioned it.  As soon as I heard that I was like hell yes, I'm behind that one.  He'll fit the role of Commissioner Gordon very well. 
  • Matthew McConaughey has come up as well. Nothing confirmed. But I would love to see a Rust Cohle Joker. 

If I was DC I would go completely opposite from Marvel. There’s no way you can compete against their single universe. 

So why not go the comic route? Just go with no universe, standalone movies and have 3 or 4 jokers and batmans. Have a 2099 Batman movie. Have the 80s joker. Just make a quality movie that generates buzz and appeal and people will see it. 

If you build it (properly) he (they) will come. 

And if they are successful you can drive sequels to those specific “universes”
    blacksunrise7
  • Joker is going to be a billion dollar movie by itself. No connective to a larger universe has been hinted at. They have a whiteboard to work with. 
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    Hatorian said:
    Joker is going to be a billion dollar movie by itself. No connective to a larger universe has been hinted at. They have a whiteboard to work with. 
    DC has more of a history of using a Multiverse than Marvel so this should be right in their wheelhouse.   

Personally, if this new Batman is good, I'm fine with them just rolling him into the JLA continuity in 4 to 5 years and just not address it that much.  Put some grey coloring in Pattison's hair and move on.  

I definitely want another Caville Superman movie and supposedly that is what Abrahms is working on.  

However, I would also like to see more movies like the Joker set in another universe.  They really should do a Gotham by Gaslight, 1940's era JSA, New Frontier and Red Son movie.  Those are elseworlds or alternate timeline stories. 
    Hatorian
  • rhcoop said:
    Hatorian said:
    Joker is going to be a billion dollar movie by itself. No connective to a larger universe has been hinted at. They have a whiteboard to work with. 
    DC has more of a history of using a Multiverse than Marvel so this should be right in their wheelhouse.   

Personally, if this new Batman is good, I'm fine with them just rolling him into the JLA continuity in 4 to 5 years and just not address it that much.  Put some grey coloring in Pattison's hair and move on.  

I definitely want another Caville Superman movie and supposedly that is what Abrahms is working on.  

However, I would also like to see more movies like the Joker set in another universe.  They really should do a Gotham by Gaslight, 1940's era JSA, New Frontier and Red Son movie.  Those are elseworlds or alternate timeline stories. 
    Agree. 
    rhcoop
  • I always thought the abrams Superman movie got a bad rap. I enjoyed it and the musical score by Zimmer was amazing. Probably the best soundtrack for a comic book movie with Black Panther being a close second. I’m down for another cavil superman movie. 
  • edited November 2019
    Hatorian said:
    Matthew McConaughey has come up as well. Nothing confirmed. But I would love to see a Rust Cohle Joker. 

If I was DC I would go completely opposite from Marvel. There’s no way you can compete against their single universe. 

So why not go the comic route? Just go with no universe, standalone movies and have 3 or 4 jokers and batmans. Have a 2099 Batman movie. Have the 80s joker. Just make a quality movie that generates buzz and appeal and people will see it. 

I thought I remember seeing somewhere that they were eyeing McConaughey as two face/Harvey Dent.  I think he could fit that role perfectly but I'm wondering if they are putting in too many villains.
    Hatorianrhcoop
  • awookiee said:
    Hatorian said:
    Matthew McConaughey has come up as well. Nothing confirmed. But I would love to see a Rust Cohle Joker. 

I thought I remember seeing somewhere that they were eyeing McConaughey as two face/Harvey Dent.  I think he could fit that role perfectly but I'm wondering if they are putting in too many villains.
    Yer right. He is/was being eyed for Harvey Dent. Not Joker. It’s also a bit worrying about too many villains. You don’t want a Tobey Maquire Spider-Man 3. 
    awookiee
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    awookiee said:
    Hatorian said:

I think they are having all the villains because it appears its going to be based on the Long Halloween.   Non-spoiler, Batman encounters all his traditional rogues in the story, but there is also a second through line with an unknown killer that strikes every holiday and Batman is trying to figure out who it is.

awookiee
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Hatorian said:

Yeah, it is actually pretty awesome that Logan and Joker did so well. It shows that movies outside of the MCU are still acceptable. Trust me, I love the MCU. But there does get to be some exhaustion since many are cookie-cutter movies. And it is worked for them, so why change? But for DC, its worth it to not try and mimic what Marvel does. Instead, find cool directors who are passionate about doing their own take on characters and let God take the wheel. 
    Hatorian
  • John Turturro has been cast as Gotham crime boss Carmine Falcone.
  • It's a lot more of a normal car design than any of the other Batmobile's and I'm digging it.  
    MoonMan13
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Holy shit, the Rock, too. It will be very interesting if Hollywood can keep this up when people worth tens of millions of dollars are the essential workers.