Season 3 in 2020

2»

Comments

• DoubleA_RonDoubleA_Ron San Diego
    edited February 2020
    Yes... turn Dolores back into a likable protagonist, please and thank you.  Still look forward to watching Maeve go Kill Bill on her ass.

I just hope the inevitable multiple timelines are handled better this season.

Edit: Watched again.  So the “five” Dolores refers to are: herself, Bernard, Maeve, Stubbs... and Hale?  But Hale was Dolores at the end of S2... so who is she now?
    Elisa
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    What’s most important to me is the trailer looks nothing like season 2. I was done with this series but now.....
    Elisa
  • There is a hidden trailer on the website from Incite: 

A bit spoilery for my taste, but nonetheless exciting.
    DoubleA_RonElisa
  • Looks great. Love seeing Singapore in TV/movies. Funny that it is used as a stand in for a future city as it’s on of the most advanced smart cities in the world
    Elisa
  • Game of Thrones showrunners D&D have cameo appearances this season as...
    DELOS EMPLOYEES!

(https://ew.com/tv/game-of-thrones-showrunners-westworld-season-3-cameos/)
    Elisa
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I don't know why I'm thinking about watching season 3 when I don't remember if I finished season 2.
    ken hale
  • JaimieT said:
    I don't know why I'm thinking about watching season 3 when I don't remember if I finished season 2.

If you try to think about Season 2 and have a sudden urge to drink to forget you probably finished the whole season.

JaimieTSchluppElisaken hale
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I was listening to the Decoding Westworld podcast with David Chen and Joanna Robinson. As I was driving she was trying to give a refresher. As she tried to explain all of the plot points, I found myself just shaking my head and wondering why I am jumping back into this. But those damn trailers always looks so cool. I think this season is only 8 episodes, so I am in. 
    SchluppElisa
  • Shit that’s my office towers...marina one. 

ElisaMurderbearken hale
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    edited March 2020
    @Hatorian Don't act like you don't see that in every show and movie.   :D

Edit: oh, I confused Marina One with Marina Bay.
    Hatorian
  • I didn't have as much hate for season 2 as most.  Looking forward to season 3 quite a bit and I think it's going to make a huge difference in the way they go about the storytelling that some of the hosts are outside of the park.  
  • I was listening to the Decoding Westworld podcast with David Chen and Joanna Robinson. As I was driving she was trying to give a refresher. As she tried to explain all of the plot points, I found myself just shaking my head and wondering why I am jumping back into this.
    I listended to it too and realized that I remembered almost  no plot points or character names except for Ford, Dolores  and Bernard. I hope in season 3 they get out of the maze and start to tell an interesting story again, but I have no desire to invest any extra effort  to find some hidden trailers or something. It would be great if they could pull off a  Mr Robot season 3 comeback and fix  at least some of the season 2 stuff  in hindsight.
    Elisaken hale
  • edited March 2020
     Watched again.  So the “five” Dolores refers to are: herself, Bernard, Maeve, Stubbs... and Hale?  But Hale was Dolores at the end of S2... so who is she now?
    Wow.  I swear I watched this show, but the phrase "Hale was Dolores at the end of S2" doesn't mean, like, anything to me.  

Seriously, though, taking these characters out into the world just kind of feels like they've jumped the shark already? Maybe I'm alone in that, it's ok.
    JaimieTSchlupp
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    This was very useful to me and I imagine anyone else who doesn't remember what happened in season 2 for whatever reason:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-only-10-things-you-need-to-know-going-into-westworl-1841976612
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited March 2020
    Listening to the season three preview now.  @A_Ron_Hubbard, @Jim, @Cecily the volume seems overly loud.  Just a heads up.  Keeping it positive though - I’m so excited that the show is back & that you’re covering another season! :smile:
    Elisa
  • I keep seeing reviews that say the mystery box storytelling remain very relevant in Season 3... a little bit concerning.
    Elisaken hale
  • So, what's the verdict?  Is it amazing, more of the same, or worse?  
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Closer to more of the same
    Elisa
  • edited March 2020
    So, what's the verdict?  Is it amazing, more of the same, or worse?  
    I still am in the thought process that it isn't nearly as convoluted and complicated as some people are making it out to be. Yes there are still mystery boxes but the plot seems to be very linear and much more straightforward. But I also seem to be in the minority with this thought process in the forums. 
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    If HBO, Nolan and Joy just made a season of nothing but trailers it would be awesome.