Sansa's Costumes (spoilers for all seasons)

I'm obsessed with Sansa and her costumes. All the costumes on GoT are meaningful and really well done, but Sansa conceivably makes her own outfits so her costumes are not only symbolic, but a means of self-expression. Here's an article I read about it:
https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/4/3/18287327/game-of-thrones-sansa-stark-costumes-michele-clapton

The outfit she had on when she became Queen of the North is not listed in this article as of right now (although it looks like they are still updating it) but I thought it was gorgeous and meaningful, both the bodice and the embroidery representing the Weirwood tree and the color moving away from black. 
MarciSanguinePenguinNoelvisi0nweeniegirl

Comments

• Agreed. I really loved the Weirwood leaf embroidery. I wish they would have incorporated it more into her outfit.

NoelCeciliaMweeniegirl
  • edited May 20
    Couldn't agree more.  Her costuming was downright amazing as was Cercei's during most of the series but Sansa's definitely took the win.
    SanguinePenguinCeciliaM
  • edited May 20
    I loved the chain around her neck too, it was fierce. Her story arc over the 8 seasons was so evident in her costumes. From light blues and frilly court attire to serious armor. Her costuming was exquisite throughout.
    awookieeCeciliaMweeniegirl
  • I would love to see like a museum exhibit or something of the costumes from Game of Thrones. I wonder if something like that will ever tour around.
    SanguinePenguin
  • CeciliaM said:
    I would love to see like a museum exhibit or something of the costumes from Game of Thrones. I wonder if something like that will ever tour around.
    They did it for Harry Potter (props and costumes), so I would not be remotely surprised if there was a traveling exhibit. 

While we can all argue about the show as a whole, I think most people agree that the costuming and prop design was top-notch, starbucks cups, water bottles, laptop chargers, and blue jeans aside =P 
    CeciliaMNoel
  • Here's an article about her coronation outfit, with several pictures. 
    https://www.thecut.com/2019/05/game-of-thrones-finale-sansa-stark-queen-costume.html
    Noel
  • Really appreciate the use of metalwork adornments in her costumes since she became Lady of Winterfell. Both her Queen and lady regalia make her look fierce and downright regal, which I especially like considering her journey.    

Her crown in your link is a nice choice for a hardened northern queen.   Good stuff.
    A++ costuming on this show, thanks for the share..
    CeciliaM
  • chriskchrisk Indianapolis
    It was a cool dress though the waist looked very... tight. 

Always thought it was a shame her wedding dress was wasted on Ramsay. 
    CeciliaM
  • edited May 22
    chrisk said:
    It was a cool dress though the waist looked very... tight. 

I think that was kind of an illusion created because the bodice/vest thing is a bit bulky and is cut at an angle.