Lost - (Re)watch ——-> Spoiler Free Please.

2»

Comments

• I didn't watch the show live. I first watched it maybe 4 years ago and have rewatched 3 times since then. I absolutely love it, all of it (except the actor who plays Charlie, I spend every episode hoping he'll die), and the ending didn't bother me at all.

My friend gets annoyed because I'll randomly yell at him "WE HAVE TO GO BACK" 
    Frakkin TMichelleElisa
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    edited May 21
    Hunkulese said:
    The standard network seasons were only for the first three. S4-6 averaged sixteen episodes, IIRC.
    If you break all the multipart episodes up into actual hours of television when it originally aired it was 25-24-23-14-17-18.
    It really should have been 42, 23, 16, 15, 8, 4--it's only 13 fewer episodes.
    Michelle
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Giovanni said:
    Thanks- I guess I'll start watching it podcast free.
    Didn't they say they were going to split their coverage into a spoiler free and then spoiler section? I'm considering rewatching it too because of their podcast. 
    Yes, they give you plenty of time to turn off before they enter the spoiler section.
  • I was skeptical coming into this thread as I'm another person that's in the debate whether it's worth watching Lost for the 1st time. There's been at least 2 times where I was extremely close to starting it but couldn't pull the trigger on the time commitment that it entails. I'm currently making my way through watching The Wire for the first time and I think I'm going to make the plunge into Lost shortly after I finish it. I appreciate everyone's input in this thread, I think it'll help push me to the point of actually starting it.
    Michellenstinson
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    I was skeptical coming into this thread as I'm another person that's in the debate whether it's worth watching Lost for the 1st time. There's been at least 2 times where I was extremely close to starting it but couldn't pull the trigger on the time commitment that it entails. I'm currently making my way through watching The Wire for the first time and I think I'm going to make the plunge into Lost shortly after I finish it. I appreciate everyone's input in this thread, I think it'll help push me to the point of actually starting it.
    People will complain about Game of Thrones until the end of time (I'll be one of them haha!) but it would be silly to not watch a landmark show because of that.  LOST is in the same category of shows for me...the fact that, I dunno, half? of its fans have some gripes about how it ends or the quality of the final seasons vs the early ones isn't a reason to not watch it.  IMO it's a landmark show in network television history, and was an early part of the golden age of TV.
    MichelleFrakkin Tbizmarkiefadernstinson
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I kinda feel like we should have a Lost thread for fans so we can post vids, talk about eps or whatever, etc. without spoiling anyone who hasn't seen it.  
    Frakkin T
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    Michelle said:
    I kinda feel like we should have a Lost thread for fans so we can post vids, talk about eps or whatever, etc. without spoiling anyone who hasn't seen it.  
    "A place you all made together"  <3
    Michellenstinson
  • GrahamGraham Grand Rapids, MI
    edited May 22
    Regardless of how the ending received, I feel like it's worth checking out at least once if you haven't already. It's kind of one of the biggest shows of that decade.
    nstinsonElisa
    Frakkin T said:
    Michelle said:
    "A place you all made together"  <3
    It's done!  Spoil away over in the other thread!  
    CretanBullnstinson
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Lost , like GOT i've never watched. word on the street is both last seasons made fans groan.
    Chinaski said:
    Lost , like GOT i've never watched. word on the street is both last seasons made fans groan.
    It depends on how you interpret everything else you watched leading up to it, I think.  If you were more invested in the characters, you'll enjoy the final season.  If you were more invested in the mysteries of the island, etc then you might not.  I was into the entire show (one of my all time favorites) and although I can see why people thought the finale went left, I still really liked it.  It's very much worth watching the show even if you don't like the finale.  The journey, not the destination, is so worth it.  (sounds a lil' cheesy, but trust me :smile:)
    Chinaskinstinson
  • Loved Lost. A lot of filler, though. 
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    I have fond memories of Lost but also some not so fond.  I hated the flash backs, so upon rewatches I always fast forward anything that isn't on the island.  Absolutely hate Jack and Kate with a passion, Kate especially, my God she was an annoying character.  This show came out when there were still 24 episodes in a tv season so some of them tended to drag. 
  • mtron32 said:
    I have fond memories of Lost but also some not so fond.  I hated the flash backs, so upon rewatches I always fast forward anything that isn't on the island.  Absolutely hate Jack and Kate with a passion, Kate especially, my God she was an annoying character.  This show came out when there were still 24 episodes in a tv season so some of them tended to drag. 
    I felt the same! I warmed up to Jack around the last season but I hated Kate to the bitter end.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited May 23
    This thread was started by someone who hasn't seen Lost at all so please keep specific criticisms of characters, etc to the newly created spoiler thread:

http://forums.baldmove.com/discussion/6213/lost-spoilers
    awookieeMichelle