Comments

• I definitely subscribe to the theory that Bran was manipulating events through time and scheming for the throne, but the meaning?  I don’t think it really means anything because Bran is such a poorly-defined character. :(
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    The 3-eyed raven is a parasitic demon who used the chaos he created in Westeros to ascend the ladder & take control, bringing the long night. NK wasn't the villain and neither was Dany. (This is not my original take; I read it somewhere, but it fits with what they gave us)
  • The stuff that bothered me about King Bran is how he spent two seasons acting like teenager on LSD and then was acting more normal in the finale.

It would have been better when they named him King he said something like "My slippers are made of butterflies and I will walk on the clouds now."
  • AnominalAnominal San Francisco Bay Area
    edited May 23
    ken hale said:
    I definitely subscribe to the theory that Bran was manipulating events through time and scheming for the throne, but the meaning?  I don’t think it really means anything because Bran is such a poorly-defined character. :(
    Or Bran is a brilliant character! You can imprint whatever personality, motivations, morality, schemes, and brilliance you want on him because it all happens off screen.

Instead of Show, Don't Tell.. D&D completely subvert the whole concept by neither showing nor telling. Ambiguously Imply and Fill in the Blank is the new, brilliant, writing paradigm. /sarcasm
    ken halemajjam0770GiovanniBhorten1
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Would love to see a MadLib version of the script. 

I have a adjective  spot in my noun for cripples, plural nounand adjective things. 
    majjam0770AnominalGiovannibudesigns
  • I don't really get the idea that Bran is manipulating events, more like sometimes he knows what is going to happen and he lets it happen. I guess that's a form of manipulation (if he could stop it) but I don't really understand what people thought Bran was supposed to do, say, against the Night King? When there was only one way to kill him? He did give Arya the dagger that killed him, and if he knew that dagger could kill the NK and he knew that Arya would do it then...
  • AnominalAnominal San Francisco Bay Area
    edited May 24
    CeciliaM said:
    I don't really get the idea that Bran is manipulating events, more like sometimes he knows what is going to happen and he lets it happen. I guess that's a form of manipulation (if he could stop it) but I don't really understand what people thought Bran was supposed to do, say, against the Night King? When there was only one way to kill him? He did give Arya the dagger that killed him, and if he knew that dagger could kill the NK and he knew that Arya would do it then...
    He also did nothing about giving warning about Dany, and how she was going slaughter a city, which led to Jon killing her and him becoming king. It's a matter of what his future sight is like. He sounded like he could see the path to him becoming king, but did he see other paths?

Was there a future where he actually gave warning about the upcoming slaughter of the city and he tells Arya about the back entrance and she sneaks in and kills Cersei before the war starts so King's Landing is saved... but then she goes to war against Sansa and the North is ravaged, and he wanted to prevent that so he kept silent. A lot of people die either way and it's understandable to want to protect the North while also becoming king as part of that outcome.

Is there a path he could see where he tells Arya about how dangerous Dany is and has her kill Dany as well but then he never becomes king and it's Jon instead?... now this is possibly a great outcome for the Seven Kingdoms it's just that he's not king. IF this was an option then what he did is a lot more sinister.

Unless everything he sees is predetermined and is basically prophecy and he nothing he does or doesn't do will change the outcome, there is a level of information control and manipulation of future events that only Bran can have.
    majjam0770
  • IDK. Honestly I am just glad this show is over. It takes up too much of my mental energy to think about it haha
    ken hale