A simple explanation for Drogon not attacking Jon

So we know Danny and Jon are alone, and the Dragon is outside resting.  He is not connected to Danny, they have no special connection any more then a mother bear has to their cub.  When Jon stabs Danny, she doesn't scream, its nearly silent other then a small grunt,  Just THEN Jon starts Crying...  His Crying alters the Sleeping dragon.  that's why Drogon Approaches curious and confused.  Hes looking at Jon and his body language.  I think the Dragon can Sense that Jon is very upset, But I do not suspect Drogon places blame on Jon.  Their Intellect isnt that far developed.  Drogon then goes and nose checks Danny for any sign of life.  Drogon now understands why Jon is behaving the way he is. Drogon doesnt control their emotions like people they scream and wail and fight and rage.  Breath fire.  and that is why 

Comments

• CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    Drogon burning the throne was an intentional bit of symbolism.  The implication of that is that the dragon is smarter than we think and he realizes that the throne corrupted Dany (and that Jon did what he had to do).
    SanguinePenguin
  • Or he thought the pointy throne is what stabbed his momma. You really can’t tell from what they show us on screen what he is thinking. And you can’t tell from what has been shown to us how intelligent the dragons are. There are many ways to interpret it but it is all speculation. 
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    Your simple explanation isn't very simple.
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Drogon burning the throne was an intentional bit of symbolism.  The implication of that is that the dragon is smarter than we think and he realizes that the throne corrupted Dany (and that Jon did what he had to do).
    This is much more simple, and it's how I interpreted it.
    CretanBull
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited May 27
    I also think they have shown multiple times over the years that they have some sort of pseudo-psychic connection. More than once he has shown up right when she needed him. And it seems like it's more than just sloppy writing coincidence. Hell, Jon silently stabbed her, no screams of pain or anything and then Drogon conveniently stirs from below to check out what's happening?

Drogon didn't burn Jon because he sensed the Targaryen in him, I think.

And maybe Viserion didn't burn Jon because he sensed that he was also undead...ha!

Burning the Iron Throne was a bit on the nose. Much like Sam showing up with a copy of A Song of Ice and Fire. He actually didn't start off burning the throne. He started blasting the walls out of rage it seemed. Or maybe to clear a path out. Hell, maybe that's why he burned the throne. Not for a political statement but because it was in his way.
    SanguinePenguin