Kit Harrington checked himself into a Wellness retreat

Wow, I applaud him for doing what's best for him and this just shows you how much this character and this show means to the actors, actresses, cast and crew involved. I hope the best for him and I hope he can get himself in a better mindstate.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/krystieyandoli/kit-harington-game-of-thrones-finale-wellness-retreat
Benblue_sleeveSanguinePenguinNoelTravis

Comments

• BenBen Melbourne - Australia
    The massive pile on from critics and "fans" probably hasn't helped either. I hope him and Rose come out stronger from the other side. 
    SanguinePenguinawookieeTravis
  • Sad to hear this but he seemed really emotional during the documentary so it's not a surprise that he's still struggling.  I hope he will be ok.
    awookieeTravis
  • LordByLordBy Utah
    He should do another quick project like 7 Days In Hell with Andy Samberg, that’s bound to lift your spirits
    TravisFlukes
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    I hope he sorts things out but it's not really a reason to applaud him. He did check into an ultra luxurious resort that has a staff dedicated to making him feel better and help him out.
  • Hunkulese said:
    I hope he sorts things out but it's not really a reason to applaud him. He did check into an ultra luxurious resort that has a staff dedicated to making him feel better and help him out.
    Acting like rich or famous people have no right to struggle with mental health is part of the problem.  Anyone who recognizes that they need help should be applauded.
    SanguinePenguinTravisNoelbizmarkiefaderawookieeBenrkcrawfblacksunrise7blue_sleeveOpusWho
  • Ben said:
    The massive pile on from critics and "fans" probably hasn't helped either. I hope him and Rose come out stronger from the other side. 
    Boy, I really don't like this take.  Best wishes to the guy, whatever he's going through, but if it's just "hurt feelings from fans who didn't even personally criticize me in their criticism of the show I'm on," then I think he'll be fine.
    Dummy
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    dragons said:
    Hunkulese said:
    Acting like rich or famous people have no right to struggle with mental health is part of the problem.  Anyone who recognizes that they need help should be applauded.
    I never said he didn't have a right to struggle with mental health, but it is infinitely easier to get help when you're rich and famous. The world praises you for getting help, there's really no stigma attached to it, and you just go take a vacation in an ultra-luxurious resort. 
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited May 29
    ken hale said:
    Ben said:
    Boy, I really don't like this take.  Best wishes to the guy, whatever he's going through, but if it's just "hurt feelings from fans who didn't even personally criticize me in their criticism of the show I'm on," then I think he'll be fine.
    I think it's more about empathizing with what it must feel like to work so hard on something and have it be publicly panned in general. May or may not have anything to do with it, or just be one piece of several. Could be totally irrelevant, but I could see it. I mean, that must be really tough if you follow it, even if it isn't you particularly that is being hammered. He still put a ton of himself into something, though what seemed to be a pretty grueling production, and I imagine believed in what they were building. It's still really easy to feel roped in. I mean everyone digests things in their own way. Who knows what's going on in his head. I haven't read the story yet so maybe I'm missing things about it, but I could see that being really hard.

Hunkulese said:
    dragons said:
    Hunkulese said:
    I never said he didn't have a right to struggle with mental health, but it is infinitely easier to get help when you're rich and famous. The world praises you for getting help, there's really no stigma attached to it, and you just go take a vacation in an ultra-luxurious resort. 
    I think the key for reasons to applaud him is for having the self awareness to do it. Also there must be a lot of pressure for him. Sure, he's got big bucks and will go to a super nice place, but he also has to contend with doing it all publicly. Most people get to do something like this without being a household name who will be judged and photographed and slapped all over newspapers. He could try to "gut it out" against the interest of his wellness and not get the help he needs and deal with the circus of it all, but he got help. I think a little applause is worthy.
    dragonsken hale
  • I'm fairly sure it was ARon's "King of the Nordth" impression that pushed him over the edge.
    TravisJaimieTNoelSanguinePenguinFlukesScottTenormanDummyTeresa from Concordblacksunrise7Schluppand 3 others.
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    ken hale said:
    Ben said:
    If you read the articles, they're saying he checked in before the final season even started airing.  It seems it had more to do with the enormous pressure of the show and he had been feeling this way since the focus of the show moved on to him after he was stabbed and brought back from the dead.
    awookieeTravisken hale
  • BenBen Melbourne - Australia
    ken hale said:
    Ben said:

That's ok mate, I haven't really liked your takes this season either. I will say though that I work with people who experience mental health issues on a daily basis, One of the factors that can manifest with a mental health issue is a feeling of persecution, and lack of validation. This is what I'm referring to, perhaps I should have made that clearer in my initial post. I don't know Kit obviously, but from a distance it looks as though he's put everything he had into something for the last 10 years, its possibly been a core part of his identity, to have that removed and for someone to see the amount of negative feedback (being tagged into memes etc) is enough to push people over the edge. It doesn't matter how much money you have, it can ruin you. 
    awookieerkcrawfEine FrauSpmckenzken haleblue_sleeve
  • I need to go to a wellness retreat!
    Miguel