From EW: Game of Thrones actor says finale twist was George R.R. Martin's idea

“[Creators] David [Benioff] and Dan [Weiss] told me there were two things [author] George R.R. Martin had planned for Bran, and that was the Hodor revelation, and that he would be king,” Wright said. “So that’s pretty special to be directly involved in something that is part of George’s vision. It was a really nice way to wrap it up.”

So there you have it: King Bran is apparently from Martin himself."

More at the link above..........

Comments

• All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Yeah, but, like, it's going to be so much more nuanced and crafted out in the books. While reading 2,000 more pages, we will find out that Bran unwittingly eating Jojen Reed's penis is what sent him off into this quest for power.
    SanguinePenguinCapeGabeElisa
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, I buy it. I think they got there with the pieces they had to work with, I just wished they'd taken a bit more time pounding those square pegs into the round holes of Martin's plot outline.
    SanguinePenguinblue_sleeveawookieeJTKIIIBhorten1gjames80
  • LordByLordBy Utah
    They seemed to suffer from a fear of ruining surprises on the show so they flipped Danny from benevolent queen to genocidal war criminal in a couple of episodes, and Bran from being the TER unable to hold positions of power to the consensus king of the continent in a couple of episodes so as not to “give it away.”

The books, presuming they get written, will lay a lot more groundwork for these transformations. His shocking surprises are more: SMH of course that is what would happen. Less: Whaaaaaat?!?
    SanguinePenguinElisagjames80
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    D&D ran away from anything having to do with Bran's powers.  The less he was involved, the better for their plot.  Probably why they also had to torpedo the Night King and White Walkers without linking them to anything really important, that would have involved setting up rules and frameworks for Bran's powers and influence.  
  • It wasn't the dots that were the problem, it was how they connected them.
    ElisaDreamRycherBhorten1weeniegirlgjames80
  • If this is something they knew, then cutting the character out of the story for an entire season is even more egregious.
    MurderbearElisa
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    If this is something they knew, then cutting the character out of the story for an entire season is even more egregious.
    I don’t understand that either. They could have used the time to explain his “powers” and even use them. Still pissed all I saw during Winterfell battle was Bran warging and watching. 
    Giovannigjames80
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    I don't think they had any intention of messing with Bran and his plot breaking powers.  Look what happened when they put an innocent "Why do you think I came all the way down here" sitcom one liner into their last episode.  

If this is something they knew, then cutting the character out of the story for an entire season is even more egregious.
    I don’t understand that either. They could have used the time to explain his “powers” and even use them. Still pissed all I saw during Winterfell battle was Bran warging and watching. 

• jluzaniajluzania Denver
    edited June 1
    God, I HOPE so! Though I'm sure the journey to all of the points will be better, if we actually get ADoS and it doesn't end with most of the major characters where we see them in the show (essentially Dany, the Starks, and the Lannisters), I'm going to be a little annoyed. 
    gjames80