Jedi: Fallen Order

MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
I have been waiting for so long for a good single player Star Wars game. Finally an actual gameplay trailer! This is definitely looking promising! There are a few moves in there that made me a little giddy. Especially the one at 10:52!

https://youtu.be/8939aURV9Dc
kojiattwoodawookieeblue_sleevedarwinfeeshyFlukes

Comments

• In an alternate universe, we got our deserved KOTOR 3
    Murderbeardarwinfeeshy
  • In an alternate universe, we got our deserved KOTOR 3
    RIP Good Bioware. Now all we have is Mass Effect: Andromeda and..... Anthem.   shudders

Anyway, this game looks cool. I'm always a fan of highly polished, single-player focused games.
    Murderbearkojiattwood
  • edited June 11
    Hey...Mass Effect: Andromeda is pretty underrated! 
    I'm replaying that whole series and I find myself itching to get on to that one.
    Teresa from Concord
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    @ken hale They had to have fixed that game by now, right? It was definitely a dumpster fire when it first released.
    Hahaha that's a good one
    CretanBullawookiee
  • Anybody played this yet?  Any good?
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    edited November 20
    Jim said:
    Anybody played this yet?  Any good?
    Depends on how much you like Star Wars. It's a really good Star Wars story. It's also officially canon if you care about that. The actual game is a mediocre Dark Souls-like with great lightsaber fights. It's also a technical mess. It's a perfect example of a game that needed a couple more months in the oven, but hey, there's a movie coming out.

Unless you really want to lightsaber some fools immediately, it's probably better to wait until they fix it.
    Pangs
  • @Jim I really like this game! It’s hard to put down, like a really good book. People say there are a lot of bugs, and I know there probably are but somehow I have been lucky and not noticed any issues.

Another game you might like that came out recently is Outer Worlds. It’s like the TV Show Serenity mixed with Fall Out. But Fallen Order is probably the better of the two games.
  • Thanks for the takes. I'll definitely wait for the price to come down and the patches to fix some stuff on this (like I do nearly every game). Actually, the PC version isn't out yet, is it? I'll wait for that since I'm sure it will look twice as good. I watched Giant Bomb's quicklook and it looked like fun, even with all the bugs.

I've been teetering on the edge of buying Outer Worlds for a while now. The only thing keeping me from picking it up is our schedule right now. If I wait until the holidays hit I'm sure there will be deals and I can play it after Xmas.
    MurderbearDarmock&Jalad@Tenagra
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    It looks like it's on the steam store unless I'm misreading something

Personally I would play Outer Worlds first anyway, it's great

Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra
    It seems like the PS4 Pro and Xbone X, the more powerful versions, have more problems. I am playing on a base PS4 and have had some hiccups and frame drops but nothing too bad. The game is a lot of fun.

Outer Worlds is fantastic though! Highly recommend that one.

Also, Outer WILDS is a fantastic game that I love dearly and is probably in my top 5 of the year. It's wonderful.
    Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra
  • It looks like it's on the steam store unless I'm misreading something

Oh, I looked at it the other day and it was pre-order only.  I don't pre-order stuff very often. Still gonna wait until I have the time to play it and hope for a sale in the meantime.
  • I’m on the Xone. No issues yet. Looks gorgeous with a 4K TV. There are some repetitive moments but every game has those. 
    Murderbear
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    Jim said:
    It looks like it's on the steam store unless I'm misreading something

Oh, I looked at it the other day and it was pre-order only.  I don't pre-order stuff very often. Still gonna wait until I have the time to play it and hope for a sale in the meantime.
    I don't know what your gaming habits are like or if actually owning games is important to you, but EA has a $15 a month subscription service that lets you play all their PC games. 

Signing up for a month or two for Fallen Order is going to be a lot cheaper than it'll be on sale for a long time. Just remember to cancel the subscription when you're done.

Darmock&Jalad@Tenagra
  • I'm playing it on a launch PS4. As far as technical issues go, the only thing I've noticed is that the game will occasionally freeze for ~5 seconds when it autosaves while you enter a new area, but this is infrequent.

Gameplay wise, it's pretty fun. The movement around the environments feels good. Jumping, climbing, sliding, etc. As for the combat, I'm not a huge fan of this style of combat (Dark souls-lite) so I've been playing on the lowest difficulty. 

Texture pop-in is probably actually the worst thing in this game.
    Finished the game tonight, holy moly that ending! Incredible!
  • Texture pop-in is probably actually the worst thing in this game.
    Definitely. Just spin the camera and you can see textures popping in. Every.single.time. 

The map on this game is horrible. I spend so much time trying to decipher which path will get me where the fuck I need to go. 

Fun game tho. I’m enjoying playing it. 
  • The map sucks ass. There were a few times over the past couple days I’ve almost decided to just give up cuz I find myself running in circles trying to figure out where to go or how to get back to my ship. They need to patch a marker you can follow or one of those blue lines that leads you in the right direction. 
  • Or shit just have the droid lead you instead of sitting on your back. 
  • Another issue that sucks at least on the xbox1x store is they hide the 59.99 version. They were really pushing the 79.99 version which gave you fuck all. 
    I'm a couple hours in, on the planet with the ice slides. Granted I have this problem with a lot of third person action games as someone who spent most of my life pretty much only playing shooters, RPGs and RTS games, but I am just constantly hitting the wrong buttons, generally not feeling like I have control over the character and fucking up in combat. I remapped the block button which helped a lot cause it's uncomfortable for me to use the left bumper to block/parry which seems like 80% of combat in this game. Has anybody tried it with mouse/keyboard? I haven't heard any opinions about it but it'd be cool to know if it's not playable like that before I try and recontextualize my brain around a new set of controls. It's how I played through the Mass Effect games and I never had any trouble, but those are much more focused on aiming.
    calebthrower
  • I'm a couple hours in, on the planet with the ice slides. Granted I have this problem with a lot of third person action games as someone who spent most of my life pretty much only playing shooters, RPGs and RTS games, but I am just constantly hitting the wrong buttons, generally not feeling like I have control over the character and fucking up in combat. I remapped the block button which helped a lot cause it's uncomfortable for me to use the left bumper to block/parry which seems like 80% of combat in this game. Has anybody tried it with mouse/keyboard? I haven't heard any opinions about it but it'd be cool to know if it's not playable like that before I try and recontextualize my brain around a new set of controls. It's how I played through the Mass Effect games and I never had any trouble, but those are much more focused on aiming.
    Apparently it’s not possible to play with a mouse and keyboard. The PC version tells you to use a controller when you boot it up.
    I'm a couple hours in, on the planet with the ice slides. Granted I have this problem with a lot of third person action games as someone who spent most of my life pretty much only playing shooters, RPGs and RTS games, but I am just constantly hitting the wrong buttons, generally not feeling like I have control over the character and fucking up in combat. I remapped the block button which helped a lot cause it's uncomfortable for me to use the left bumper to block/parry which seems like 80% of combat in this game. Has anybody tried it with mouse/keyboard? I haven't heard any opinions about it but it'd be cool to know if it's not playable like that before I try and recontextualize my brain around a new set of controls. It's how I played through the Mass Effect games and I never had any trouble, but those are much more focused on aiming.
    Apparently it’s not possible to play with a mouse and keyboard. The PC version tells you to use a controller when you boot it up.
    You definitely can, it just has the same warning a lot of games do about how it's a better experience with the controller. When my cat rips my headphones out of my ear and I end up hitting keys accidentally it switches all the promps to the keyboard mappings that you can also see in the settings menu. That warning is the reason I didn't even try, but I was wondering if anybody else had given it a shot either from being more comfortable with a keyboard like I am or by being forced by not having a controller.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    When is the first episode of "@bizmarkiefader 's Pets" coming out?
    bizmarkiefader
    Freddy said:
    When is the first episode of "@bizmarkiefader 's Pets" coming out?
    The first episode is about the road trip we just took to escape the power outage where the cat took a shit 20 minutes in and nearly gassed us off the road.
    DummyMurderbear