E3 2019

Haven't seen a thread start up talking about e3 coming up this week so I figured I'd kick it off. Who's excited for what? 

I've always been a Halo guy so Halo Infinite has my hopes up. The new Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order looks pretty damn good as well. 

Comments

• JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    edited June 9
    I'm stoked to learn more about the George RR Martin collaboration with From Software.

Edit:  And Baldur's Gate 3.  Never got into the old games, but that announcement trailer looks pretty good!
    kingbee67
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited June 9
    Tonight is the Bethesda presentation. I’ll watch that and the post discussion stuff after. That’s 5 pst 
    I was thinking of calling my buddy to see if he’s gotta a in to the convention. He used to get in and I went once but his connection dried up. He did talk his way last year but no guest.
    awookiee
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Welp. I didn't think I could be  more excited for Cyberpunk 2020!! I'll leave the reveal at the end a surprise. It's pretty unexpected. https://youtu.be/LembwKDo1Dk
    ChinaskiShumhisdudeness915johnnytruantdarwinfeeshyFreddy
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Welp. I didn't think I could be  more excited for Cyberpunk 2020!! I'll leave the reveal at the end a surprise. It's pretty unexpected. https://youtu.be/LembwKDo1Dk
    THAT.LOOKS.AWESOME!!
    Murderbear
  • I finally sat down and watched the entire Microsoft Press Conference.  It was extremely underwhelming aside from Keanu Reeves making an appearance for Cyberpunk 2077, details on their new console, and Halo Infinite.  I'm not really that big into gaming but everything else they showcased and spent time on seemed like indie gaming publisher or whatever you consider those kinds of games.  Microsoft is really hurting for big name exclusives besides Forza, Gears of War and Halo.  
    Murderbear
    Yeah, I only have a PS4 so I was pretty disappointed when Sony said they weren't coming but I think I see why now. Microsoft had the chance to really make a statement and their biggest moment was for a game coming to all platforms.

The Halo Infinite trailer showed nothing. Gears of War 5 had zero gameplay and they spent what felt like ten minutes on it and they didn't really show anything. I guess it's too early to give any real details about their next console so that wasn't very exciting. I didn't think it was a bad press conference or anything, there were definitely a lot of cool games they showed but as far as exclusives go, that's a big fat meh.
  • Yeah, I only have a PS4 so I was pretty disappointed when Sony said they weren't coming but I think I see why now. Microsoft had the chance to really make a statement and their biggest moment was for a game coming to all platforms.

The Halo Infinite trailer showed nothing. Gears of War 5 had zero gameplay and they spent what felt like ten minutes on it and they didn't really show anything. I guess it's too early to give any real details about their next console so that wasn't very exciting. I didn't think it was a bad press conference or anything, there were definitely a lot of cool games they showed but as far as exclusives go, that's a big fat meh.
    I agree completely.  I guess I didn't even realize that Sony wasn't even going to E3 which seems crazy to me.  E3 is clearly the biggest gaming event of the year but I'm sure they had their reasons.  The Halo trailer showed nothing in game but as a lifelong Halo fan, just the music alone got me excited and looking forward to it.  It really didn't hint at all to what the story will be but I'm ok with that, I'd rather go into it knowing very little.
    Murderbear
    Well, at least we know 2020 is going to be a great year for games!
    awookiee
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    There's been a bunch of games I want to play so far, I've been into it. I play mostly on PC and have always wanted to play through Halo so all the Microsoft everything is coming to PC is a big deal.

Other stuff:
    • Outer Worlds looks awesome
    • A Blair Witch game? Sure
    • Forza Lego stuff looks really fun
    • New Doom and Wolfenstein, I'll definitely be playing those. Word is Doom Eternal is incredible from what they let people play
    • C Y B E R P U N K holy shit yes, and Keanu with an all timer stage show
    • Ghostwire Tokyo, sure
    • Super curious what Watch Dogs Legion is, what they're pitching sounds cool but so ambitious there has to be some catch here
    • God's and Monsters is interesting
    • I'll be picking up Animal Crossing I'm sure
    Overall it's been a good show so far. Now onto all the Giant Bomb night shows

Murderbear
  • JoshTheBlackJoshTheBlack Atlanta, GA
    The Switch never ceases to amaze me.  Somehow they are putting Witcher 3 out on the switch, and with a release date of 2019!
  • BOTW 2! Aww yeah! 
    It's pretty obvious but I was pretty proud of this one 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Zelda: Link’s Awakening on Switch?? oh hell f'n yeah!!

• Upcoming ............ !!  <3

E3 2020

• I'm stoked to learn more about the George RR Martin collaboration with From Software.

I'm stoked the jackwagon is still doing other things and isn't writing his fucking last two books!  :s