What's Making Your Day Today?

MichelleMichelle California
We all know about the 'grinding my gears today' thread - to put a positive spin on things, what's actually *making* your day today?

It's 91* here and we're all :confounded:, but at the same time it's a beautiful day and in about 4 hours I'll be back in my backyard, oiled up and soaking up the sun!  :sunglasses:  In the meantime, every fan I can find is on and this super cold pineapple froyo is all kinds of amazingness.
TravisChinaskiCeciliaMNoelEine Fraucdrive

Comments

• OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    Spending extra time with my son today. My work has a program that pays associates based on their production efficiency and quality. I was able to leave work after 5.5 hours (but being paid for 8), pick up my son from daycare and take him to a local wet playground at one of the parks near our house. It was so nice to spend the afternoon in the beautiful weather, playing and enjoying one on one time together. 
    ChinaskiCeciliaMMichelleDeeNoelEine FraucdriveHatorian
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    what's making my day today? air conditioning.

someone said, 'well at least it's not as hot as it was yesterday!'. no shit sherlock, cause 101 is less than 103. 101 degrees is still no walk in the park.. like really, no way i would walk in the park in this hotness.
    CeciliaMMichelleEine FraucdriveHatorian
  • Right now meeting an old friend for coffee. It’s a sunny, breezy beautiful day out.
    CeciliaMMichelleChinaskiNoelMurderbearcdrive
  • I'm on a staycation, and my cat and I are just chilling in the shade on the patio enjoying our unseasonably warm 81 degree weather. I'm just trying not to think about what August is going to be like if this keeps up. 
    ChinaskiMichelleEine Frau
  • Oh and my husband's novel is finished and I'm giving it a final read before we try to publish it.
    ChinaskiMichelleMurderbearEine Fraucdrive
  • MichelleMichelle California
    CeciliaM said:
    Oh and my husband's novel is finished and I'm giving it a final read before we try to publish it.
    Nice, congrats to him (and you)! 
    CeciliaM
  • edited June 12
    I just finished binging the first season of a gripping, creepy French noir mystery series on Netflix called Black Spot (Zone Blanche in French, which sounds way better than the English title).  It always makes me happy when I randomly check out a show/movie without knowing anything about it and it turns out to be super awesome.

And to top it off, I just found out season 2 drops in three days!
    MichelleEine Frau
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Been on vacation for a week now and I’m loving it so much. Hadn’t had an extended break (over a week) from work and all the stress from back home since last year so I’m soaking it all in. I had a rant about tourists in Italy but it’s been the opposite here in Madrid. My only complaint is the slight headache from having too much sangria last night. But hey, something had to wash down the paella. And I was sharing the sangria with a lovely young woman. Worth the sacrifice I’d say  ;)

10/10 would recommend Madrid to the BM fam
    DeecdriveMichelleChinaskiMurderbearEine FrauCeciliaMHatorian
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Listening to the 50 million download Q&A while cleaning my apartment was a pretty nice surprise, and I still have over an hour left.

And I paid off a bunch of bills and I'm halfway out of debt from where I was five months ago. Now if only the clouds would go away.
    ChinaskiMichelleDeeMurderbearNoelEine FrauCeciliaMmajjam0770Hatorian
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    My baby asked if she could move back home as she’s had enough of her partying friends/housemates. I can smother her with mum love again! 
    hisdudeness915MichelleChinaskiMurderbearawookieeMattyWeavesFreddyNoelEine FrauCeciliaMand 3 others.
  • I've been getting my haircuts and brow waxes at Ulta this year and I am only $120 from being platinum... and it's only June.
    WOOO
    MichelleEine FrauHatorian
    I'm back in the hills again this weekend, housesitting for my boss.  Their home and land are so beautiful.  It feels like a little vacation retreat - no sounds except nature.  #myhappyplace
    DeeCeciliaMNoelcdriveawookieeMurderbearEine Fraumajjam0770Hatorian
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited June 15
    That wonderful, full-body fuzzy humming feeling after getting out of a long, hot shower to get the grime off you. I’m on motherskruckin vacation for the next 9 days. Haven’t had a real vacation in 2 years. Had a stressful run today to make it all happen and now it’s all done. Drove up far north of Houston to a specialized store to get this roof rack cargo carrier after screwing up the 1st time with another model. It barely shipped to Houston in time and everything had to be perfect cause I was out of runway. Came home. Installed it. Nothing was missing. Climbing up and down on the vehicle, moving crossbars which is a deal cause of these pegs. It looks great. Vehicle is packed. Bags are packed. Clean house. Just get to enjoy sitting back now with the grind behind me, everything done, shit tons finished at work to keep people at bay and the auto-reply on my email engaged.  I’m ready for da beach mon. I want to forget login passwords. 

awookieeNoelMichelleEine FrauFreddymajjam0770Hatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Got to spend Father’s Day with my dad who came to visit us in Singapore. That was pretty awesome. Having his grandkids spend time with him and just enjoying a nice dinner makes you realise how important family is. Ended the night beating my dad’s ass in chess which felt great remembering the times growing up him teaching me how to play and showing no mercy murdering me every game...
    Noeltom_gcdriveCapeGabeEine FrauMichellemajjam0770CeciliaM
  • Spent an hr in a sunny hammock yesterday after doing lots of yard work with a book and a beer and little dog curled up on my lap. And other somewhat annoying dog bringing me a stick to throw over and over again. 
    cdriveNoelEine FrauMichelle
  • Spent an hr in a sunny hammock yesterday after doing lots of yard work with a book and a beer and little dog curled up on my lap. And other somewhat annoying dog bringing me a stick to throw over and over again. 
    Same! Every time I sit down outside to rest, my malinois pesters me with a stick/fircone/slobbery leaf to throw.
    majjam0770
    New haircut, feeling freshened up & pretty! (It’s the little things) :smile:
    cdriveNoelmajjam0770
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Yuengling. You are so delicious. I love you. You can’t be in my stores for I don’t know why. But I’m going to bring a bunch of you back. 
  • Just started a new job which is absolutely blowing my mind as a science geek. Got to sit down and chat with one of the researchers who won the Nobel Prize for the LIGO experiment today in his office. Asked him a bunch of stuff about how they did it. Answer: they’re fuckin genius. Also got to hang around in Richard Feynman’s old office. Then walked around in the Synchotron lab where they’re now building LIGO equipment. And the best thing is, I have the ability to go anywhere I want, so I’ve just been exploring every nook and cranny of the University the last week. Seriously, as someone who has been studying physics and science fiction their entire life, I’m in heaven. 
    DeeHatorianmajjam0770CapeGabeAlkaid13NoelEine Frau