Blinded By The Light

I’ve been a member for a while but never posted in the forums. Jim and ARon’s discussion of this trailer is what brought me here for the first time because I wanted to correct something they said about it during the MIB International podcast. Neither of them seemed to know that the song Blinded By The Light was written and recorded by Bruce Springsteen. Or maybe ARon thought it might be but Jim disputed that fact. I can’t completely blame them because most people don’t seem to know this. Classic rock stations only seem to play the cover version recorded by Manfred Mann. I actually prefer the Bruce version though. But I just wanted to inform them and others that it is actually a Bruce song and to encourage people to check that version out. Take care. 
blue_sleeve

Comments

• Also I want to say that this movie looks like it could be decent. At least I hope it is. 
    blue_sleeve
  • Honestly, I caught this as well and just assumed they would get a bunch of email nerding out about it. But I respect you making an account just to call it out, cause I think Greetings From Asbury Park fucking rocks even if that makes me a dad rock nerd as well.
    ABevsblue_sleeve
  • Haha! Music is one of the things I’m passionate about. I listen to an extremely wide range of stuff. At least a little from almost any genre. I had never really gotten into Bruce though. I knew the songs from the radio and the Rage Against The Machine version of Ghost Of Tom Joad but not much else. Eventually I decided to give him a chance and ended up liking him. I guess that’s what being in your 30’s does. Lol
  • tom_gtom_g WV
    edited June 23
    An 80s teen is inspired by the music of Springsteen, and they title the movie after  a Manferd Mann song title, lol.

I've seen Bruce 30ish times, and will see this as soon as possible. 
    blue_sleeve
  • Wow 30 times!?! That’s impressive. 
  • I'm old
    ABevs
  • I saw this last weekend and really enjoyed it. Just a fun feel good movie. Maybe a couple small complaints but overall really good. Love the digs at Thatcher and Reagan. Wish they could have covered it on Bald Movies. Also saw Ready Or Not and Peanut Butter Falcon last week. Both of those were good too.