• Should be a banger of a season 
    MichelleElisacdriveCecily
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I'm so there!
    ElisaCecily
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    edited June 25
    What even is AHS without Evan Peters?

Can this finally be the season where AHS lives up to the hype and is strong from start to finish?
    ElisaCecily
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Count me in!!
    Cecily
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I’m usually in for the first 2-3 episodes then I get lost in the absurdity and quit the show. But I’m in at least for episode 1...
    Elisatom_gCecily
  • Hatorian said:
    I’m usually in for the first 2-3 episodes then I get lost in the absurdity and quit the show. But I’m in at least for episode 1...
    I came here to post almost the same thing.  I think I've only finished 3 seasons.
    CecilyHatorian
  • Jamie91Jamie91 Pennsylvania
    edited June 28
    If @A_Ron_Hubbard and @Cecily don't come back my Saturday mornings in the Fall will never be the same.
    Elisa
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    CecilyElisa
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    Woooooaaahhhhh don't you know that a Ryan Murphy social media post needs a spoiler tag?!?
    Elisacdrive
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Loving it!!!
    Oh wow they just dropped a ton of these things! No sense in posting them all here.  Go check out @AHS9_1984 on Twitter.  Some of them are hilarious!
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
     No Sarah Paulson this season.  :(
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    amyja89 said:
     No Sarah Paulson this season.  :(
    I heard she would be in it, but a much smaller role than recent years.
    Ohhh yyyyyeeeeahhhh...

Elisa
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    edited July 29
    1st 4 seconds of the promo.......paused to come back here and say "I'm in day one" 
    Elisa
    This Wednesday!!!!!   Ch-Ch-Ch! Ah-Ah-Ah!

“you don’t know how much Ryan Murphy you need in your life...until he comes back in your life! [Lol]” - @xulsolar22 just now.  I’m so jelly how she is going into this thing completely cold. Hasn’t seen any of the one million teasers, trailers or Murphy leaked opening sequence. 
    edited September 19
    I’ve been avoiding this thread like the plague since June, hoping to go into tonight completely unspoiled by any promos. Just under three hours left!

I haven’t read through all the comments yet so I apologize if this was already mentioned, but the one thing I did hear unintentionally is that there will be no Evan Peters, Billy Eichner, or Sarah Paulson this season. :confused:
    Michelle said:
    I’ve been avoiding this thread like the plague since June, hoping to go into tonight completely unspoiled by any promos. Just under three hours left!

I haven’t read through all the comments yet so I apologize if this was already mentioned, but the one thing I did hear unintentionally is that there will be no Evan Peters, Billy Eichner, or Sarah Paulson this season. :confused:
    Won't spoil too much, but at least one of them pretty much confirmed they'll at least make a cameo. Wouldn't be surprised if they all made a cameo.
    MichelleCecily
    I forgot I can watch on eastern time on my FX streaming channel on my Roku. Four minutes to go!
    edited September 19
    Wow, what a cold open. :astonished:
    How are we feeling about the opening credits?  

Loving the music so far, but I wonder why it's all at a bit of a slower tempo than normal.  

Hell yeah! Lesssgo! TV MA LSV! 
    edited September 19
    Usual strong start from AHS. There's got to be a big twist coming up though, right? They pretty much matched the first 45 minutes of a Friday the 13th movie beat for beat, maybe even followed the formula a little too closely? I don't see how they can stretch the next 45 minutes over 9 or 10 more episodes.

I think it would be cool if there was a time jump after every couple of episodes. Endless sequels is one of the biggest tropes of the slasher genre. Get more and more ridiculous after every time jump and then have the finale in space.
  • Jamie91Jamie91 Pennsylvania
    Is there coverage this season?
    Jamie91 said:
    Is there coverage this season?
    They're covering it until they kill it.
  • jmars99jmars99 Philly, PA
    Buckle up for a lot of “10 years earlier”, “2 years later”, “5 minutes ago”, “15 minutes before that” etc. That being said, I am still all in. Teen Slasher flick tropes are my jam!
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    That's the best season opener they have had in a long while.  

Now that may be my perception as I prefer the theme this year, but frankly I'm hoping some of the old talent doesn't show up a lot.  I think the change in casting could breathe new life into the show.  
    Michellecdrive
    There is another AHS podcast I listen to, and in this week's they speculate that the season might swerve and change direction the way that the Roanoke season did - do we think they're going to stick with this current sleepaway camp/slasher story all the way through to the end?  I think it would be really interesting if they did change course a bit into something totally unexpected.

Also, I realized we also don't have Denis O'Hare this season (as far as we know, anyway).  :confused: