Jurassic World

ReelHeadReelHead Bochum, Germany
The first official trailer went online yesterday (https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZXiahojLbOw) and I feel pretty mixed about the whole deal. We sure as hell see a lot of cool shots and ideas, but I'm still concerned whether or not the thing could work. As a great "Jurassic Park"-fan, I really want to see more dinosaurs on the silver screen, but we all saw the third movie, which was just "meh".

What do you think? Are you excited?

Comments

• I am massively excited, i really hope that they don't fuck it up though, I hear it's been in the making so long because they wanted to make a film that would really rejuvenate the franchise. Looks solid enough to me at this stage, as long as they deliver the 'hybrid' dino without being stupid, it should be great
  • broompersonbroomperson the Iron Islands
    Seems like Chris Pratt is playing a serious dramatic role, which is interesting. I hope he knocks it out of the park. And the visuals will be amazing no doubt. definitely agree that this could bring back the dinasaur hype from the 90's. Im excited.
  • I'm excited and looks pretty futuristic with the ball vehicle. Excited to see the twist in this one. Also what's with releasing a trailer for the trailer?
  • Just watched the trailer for this. Does anyone know how far in the future it takes place? Chris Pratt is basically playing a combination of Ian Malcolm and the safari guy from the first movie, right? Kinda makes sense to set it in the near future. I hope they depict the making of a Blackfish-esque documentary about that dino in the water. Dinofish.
  • @Jim Jones Allegedly It's 22 years from the original events, which is 2015 inline with release date?? I guess they'll square the timeline somehow, it will allow them to make connections to the new cast, maybe Chris Pratt is Jeff Goldblums or Sam Neills son or whatever, inherited some threads. Those Dinosaurs are definitely being exploited though, it's good to see them rise up against the masters, lets hope whales don't see this movie, it'll be carnage . http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/
  • I'm an optimist in general and I'm excited, but not without some trepidation. I hear "hybrid dinosaur" and it makes me a little anxious, but that said I love dinosaurs, I dig Chris Pratt and the trailer looks fun. Just have to fight the urge to take it too seriously and have fun with it.
  • JohnnieDarkJohnnieDark South Florida
    i think the hybrid dino it a smart T-rex
  • JohnnieDarkJohnnieDark South Florida
    from the last scene it also looks like Chris Pratt domesticates the Velociraptors. Interesting.
  • They have too much riding on this, it will be awesome. I am going to marathon the first 3 with my kids and hit the new one up in IMAX
  • ReelHeadReelHead Bochum, Germany
    It is like Hammond said, in the first film: "They remember the first face they see." I hope they take that angle and not try to make up some bullsh*t excuse for their domestication. Just call back to the original movie and let the movie magic happen, please.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited December 2014

from the last scene it also looks like Chris Pratt domesticates the Velociraptors. Interesting.

If Burt Macklin, FBI doesn't ride one of those raptors before the end of it, I'm going to feel cheated.

Seriously though, the upside of Jurassic World is it might be a solid enough excuse to bring The Critic back and have Jay Sherman review actual movies.