Bald Move D&D Play by Post Discussion: Everyone Welcome

12345679»

Comments

• CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited November 6
    Alkaid13 said:
    Oh I guess we could always try asking the elves for assistance. 
    That could be an option.  From what you know, the elves of Northwood don't really welcome visitors into their forest, but at the same time they've been historical allies of Woodside and have always come to their aid when needed.
  • I've leveled
  • So what’s next then?
  • Some things that I need to know so that I can prepare: 

- Are you going to set up shop at the Broken Chestplate, or will you look for other options?
    - Are you going to try to make contact with the Quarrymen (Rockbottom thieves guild)?
    - Are you / how are you going to attempt to dismantle the tunnels that are being dug under the Yard of the Last Guide?  Do you plan on telling anyone there about it?  Do you plan on telling anyone at the church that their organization has been infiltrated by the Rats who plan to tear them apart?  Do you plan on telling them about Negrellis, or trying to find out more about Negrellis from the church?

Woops. Maybe we should all have answered the questions, I know I didn't.

So perhaps we should rank what we want to do and go with the group consensus?

- Are you going to set up shop at the Broken Chestplate, or will you look for other options?
    I vote yes

- Are you going to try to make contact with the Quarrymen (Rockbottom thieves guild)?
    I vote yes

- Are you / how are you going to attempt to dismantle the tunnels that are being dug under the Yard of the Last Guide? 
    I vote yes

Do you plan on telling anyone there about it?  Do you plan on telling anyone at the church that their organization has been infiltrated by the Rats who plan to tear them apart?  Do you plan on telling them about Negrellis, or trying to find out more about Negrellis from the church?
    I'd want to run that by Plastalyn first since he will probably have a better idea how they will react. They sound like a stubborn lot.

As far as the overall campaign it is going as well as can be expected in such a slow format. It's like your parents pacing how often you can get your Trick or Treat candy. No complaints or constructive criticism here.

• My weekly game has gone on hiatus due to the DM and a player both being medical residents that are in a rotation not conducive to playing right now. With this little break I'm going into withdrawals. Currently cuddled up in closet clutching Player's Handbook silently weeping.
    CretanBullFlukes
  • Sorry, last week my cousin from Jamaica showed up at my door completely unannounced so it's been a hectic week.  She's gone now (phew!) so my life is back to normal again!

So, to get things back on track...because of the nature of Roll20 and having to have things like maps etc prepared in advance I just need some idea of what direction that you want to go in.  Once I have that, it should only take me an evening of prep work to get things all set up again.  Based on the feedback so far, I think that I have a general idea (enough to know what I should prioritize in terms of prep work).

I'll work on that tonight and have an update either later tonight or tomorrow...the update that I post might not be the kick-off to the next chapter, but just something that lets you guys know where I'm at and give you a chance to re-direct me if you'd rather go in a different direction.

Doctor_NickCapeGabeFlukes
  • So what was everyone's share of gold after pitching for the pearl?
  • There’s 70 gold left after the pearl, crossbow, and javelins but I don’t need any of it. 
  • I only took 20 from the original pot since I picked up 50-60 from the dead rats defore 
  • Ok then there’s 50 left now. 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited November 24
    I think you wanted the Hand Crossbow @Doctor_Nick? You’ll have to supply the bolts though. Me and @Flukes can split the javelins 6 each. 
    Flukes
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited November 24
    So you guys pitched in to buy the hand crossbow? Thanks. @CretanBull  Can we say I Shopped before we left and put in 1.5 gp for 30 bolts?
  • So you guys pitched in to buy the hand crossbow? Thanks. @CretanBull  Can we say I Shopped before we left and put in 1.5 gp for 30 bolts?
    Yup, no problem!
  • I have bolts for you. I have you 20 and deducted it from my sheet. But if you’re not taking them I need to add them back
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited November 25
    I'll take them, thanks @Hatorian, so I'll just buy 10 in town and get my 5 silver back.