Bald Move D&D Play by Post (Level 1): Players Only Please

1121315171825

Comments

  • Aurelia

    Having just opened my own avenue of egress, I shall leap through the broken window, move as far in the direction of Kasparian as possible, draw a javelin and prepare to hurl it at anyone who appears hostile. 
  • Darcassan

    I dash back across the room to the front door.

    Getting in my cardio in early today
  • I'm going to skip around (but maintain the current turn order) and move everyone outside so that you're all on the same map.

    I'm updating roll20 now, and will update things here in a bit.
    Flukes
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited August 2019
    More to come in a bit but wanted to share this now....

    As you exit the building, I rolled perception checks for everyone...the DC to spot something was 12.  No one in the party (including Plastalyn) rolled higher than a 10 (Stirling).

    @Doctor_Nick

    As you run out of the building, you catch a glimpse of some movement to the North (like the area at the Northen edge of the map) but you can't make out what it might be.

    (No need to reply to this, just keep it in mind for now)


  • I thought I rolled a 19/14?
    CretanBull
  • Hatorian said:
    I thought I rolled a 19/14?
    Yup. sorry I missed that...I'll make the correction in the next update (I thought that I'd be able to post it late last night, but I fell asleep and will post it later this afternoon).
    Flukes
  • As you guys storm out of the burning inn, you poor out into the street doing your best to avoid the flames.  Being late at night and with smoke clouding the air it's difficult to see things.  You struggle to make out your surroundings, but a gentle wind blows that provides momentary breaks in the smoke and you catch glimpses of what's happening.

    Directly in front of you, you can see a couple of thuggish looking men standing in an alley.  One is resting his foot on a barrel that's been tipped on its side while the other seems to be in the process of unloading another barrel from a wagon.  On the rooftops of the building on either side of the alleyway (10 feet high), you can see two other thugs, the one standing on the roof West of the alleyway has a woman with him...you recognize her as Tessa (the proprietor of Tessa's Tinctures & Tonics - the apothecary that was testing the poison for you).

    To the West you can see Andru and another man running to and from a well with buckets of water.

    @Hatorian through the smoke you can see the movement of a purple robe worn by a man with a baldhead.  It's difficult to get a clear view of what he's doing, but he appears to be bending down, or crouching...his back is to you and he doesn't seem to be bothered by your group's emergence from the inn.

    As you step out into the street and look around to make these observations, the thug on the Western roof waits for a clearing in the smoke to make sure that you can see him slitting Tessa's throat and push her body to the ground below.

    At this point, we'll renew our actions in the initiative order.


  • It's Plastalyn's turn, he runs up to Tessa, looks down and see that she's beyond saving then steps into the alley to attack the thugs.  He swings wildly at the first thug that he sees, then casts a spell that summons a spiritual weapon.

  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited August 2019
    It's now the Rat's turns.

    @Alkaid 13 a crossbow bolt emerges from the smoke(from the North East) narrowly missing your head.

    One of the rats in the alleyway swings his scimitar at Plastalyn, slashing him open (edit - actually he misses!  I rolled crossbow attack when I meant to roll a scimitar attack!).

    The other Rat in the alleyway kicks the barrel at his feet, sending it in your direction, forcing @Doctor_Nick and @CabeGabe to make DEX saves (I rolled for each of you, a 14 and a 24!)...as the barrel comes towards you, you both manage to leap into the air and the barrel misses you, slamming into the door frame of the inn behind you.  It hits with a loud "thud" that makes you realize that the barrel must be full of something...

    @Hatoria A crossbow bolt comes flying at you from the North East, on an angle that makes you realize that it must be coming from above.  Unfortunately, it hits you square in the thigh.  You take 6 damage (I've deducted it for you).

    @CabeGabe as you land after leaping over the barrel, a crossbow bolt sail by you, just missing you.  The bolt came from due East.

    @Flukes, the Rat on the roof who slit Tessa's throat takes aim at you with his crossbow but he fails terribly - he misses you but such a wide margin that you're not even sure if he was aiming for you (he rolled a 1!)
  • @Doctor_Nick you're up!

  • I was holding my action to throw the javelin last turn by the way. 
    CretanBull
  • Alkaid13 said:
    I was holding my action to throw the javelin last turn by the way. 
    Yup!  Last round, you jumped through the window and readied your action to throw your javelin, the trigger being when you see anyone hostile.  When you came through the window, I rolled a perception check for you - you rolled a 6 - and you didn't see anyone on that turn.  The description of the street made in the follow-up post was based on your new vantage points, the reduced range and a change in consistency of the smoke based on wind (which I am rolling for on a round by round basis - which is actually something that I should post here).

  • Wind conditions and smoke...

    Each round I'll be rolling a d6 to determine how thick the smoke is and what effect it will have on the round.

    Conditions for this round:

    Both ground and elevated (rooftop) targets have partial cover vs ranged attacks and will receive a +2 to the AC for this round.  Melee attacks are unaffected.  Anyone taking the 'hide' action can do so with advantage.
  • are my actions inhibited in anyway by the damage to my thigh? can i still move 5 spaces and attack or is it something else?
  • Hatorian said:
    are my actions inhibited in anyway by the damage to my thigh? can i still move 5 spaces and attack or is it something else?
    Nope, you're all good...describing the hit that you took as a bolt to the thigh was just flavour :)
  • Cool cool. 
    CretanBull
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited August 2019
    Stirling
    Stirling casts sleep at a point behind the ruffians in the alley and on the roof, then rushes under the eaves of the roof and presses himself against the side, trying to hide from the snipers overhead.
    "Time to see goodnight, rats - " he mutters to himself.  

    I think I picked a spot that puts the 2 in the alley and the guy on the east roof within 20 feet of the effect without getting Plasty.  I marked it with the green square.
  • Stirling
    Stirling casts sleep at a point behind the ruffians in the alley and on the roof, then rushes under the eaves of the roof and presses himself against the side, trying to hide from the snipers overhead.
    "Time to see goodnight, rats - " he mutters to himself.  

    I think I picked a spot that puts the 2 in the alley and the guy on the east roof within 20 feet of the effect without getting Plasty.  I marked it with the green square.
    You wait for a moment when the air clears enough to give you line of sight to the alleyway and when the wind creates an opening you cast your spell and both of the thugs in the alley immediately drop to the ground in a slumber.

    The two Rats who have an 'alarm clock' icon on their tokens are now sleeping.

  • Andru and the other man dump buckets of water on the fire, and the flames on the Western side of the door die down a little bit.


  • @Flukes you're up!
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    edited August 2019
    Ragnuk

    Seeing Tessa, an innocent, killed in cold-blood sends Ragnuk into a rage. He throws his javelin at the rat on the west building  (9 to hit for 8 piercing). 

    Ragnuk runs into the alley (my goal is to get to the ladder against the west building but It's not clear to me what is a physical impediment and what's not) intent on getting to the thugs on the roofs.

    Edit: No rage dmg on ranged attacks.
  • @CretanBull
    Could I drop my javelin and draw my sword as one free action? I don’t intend to stow the javelin, just drop it on the ground. 
    CretanBull
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited August 2019
    Alkaid13 said:
    @CretanBull
    Could I drop my javelin and draw my sword as one free action? I don’t intend to stow the javelin, just drop it on the ground. 
    Yup, that's a free action

    PS - You're aware that Darcassan Stirling put the two thugs that were on the ground to sleep, right?
  • I’ve got them. 
    CapeGabe
  • Stirling
    "Thugs who kill innocents in cold blood must be made to pay!"
  • I haven't had a turn yet. If anyone fell asleep it was from my personality. 

    Actually it was Sterling,  must have started playing his Phish catalog again.
    CretanBullFlukesDoctor_Nick
  • I was going to wait to see if Flukes changed his mind but actually my turn will be the same regardless. 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited August 2019
    Aurelia

    A cold fury comes upon me as a drop my javelin, draw my sword and approach the sleeping thug to the left. 

    Rattus rattus, it seems you’ve picked an unfortunate place for a nap. 

    I will gesture with the sword at the thugs on the roof and also Kasparian if I can still see him

    Vermin, the time for mercy has passed, your only fate now is extermination!

    I will then attempt to stab the man in front of me through the heart. 

    (I thought that I had rolled a nat 20 when it didn’t even matter but forgot I have a +4 to attack, anyways since he’s asleep it’s a crit however you want to handle that, if you’re doubling the dice it’s 16 total I believe)
  • Darcassan

    I firebolt the guy on the roof  on the top left above the lady's body. Then move close to the wall near Stirling.

    15  \  8

    4 Fire Damage
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I think I'll be veering toward the cart and the east building but other than that, nothing is changed unless the resolution of this round surprises me.
This discussion has been closed.