Bald Move D&D Play by Post (Level 1): Players Only Please

1192021222325»

Comments

• I’m satisfied 
  • Justus

If you’re really someone who wants to help you will heal me”

I stumble towards kasparian holding my wounds. 

“I really don’t feel well guys”

• I’ll give Justus 10 HP 
  • Hatorian said:
    Justus

If you’re really someone who wants to help you will heal me”

I stumble towards kasparian holding my wounds. 

“I really don’t feel well guys”

He's not a cleric, and doesn't have access to healing :( 
  • edited November 2019
    Darcassan

Still riled up over being shot but understanding what he says I say nothing and turn around to kick the shelves. Noticing books I am completely distracted and start going through them. I have no further words for him.

Investigation 22 / 17
    Flukes
  • @CapeGabe ;
    Maybe ask him to teach you a spell, seems like a wizardy chap. 
  • CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited November 2019
    CapeGabe said:
    Darcassan

Still riled up over being shot but understanding what he says I say nothing and turn around to kick the shelves. Noticing books I am completely distracted and start going through them. I have no further words for him.

Investigation 22 / 17
    Among the vials, you find a potion rack containing 6 potions.  In the down-time between this adventure and when the next one begins you have time to identify them.  The potions are:

-----

Potion of Healing x 3

Potion, Common

You regain hit points when you drink this potion. The number of hit points depends on the potion’s rarity, as shown in the Potions of Healing table. Whatever its potency, the potion’s red liquid glimmers when agitated.

Potion ofRarityHP Regained
    HealingCommon2d4 + 2

-------
    Potion of Diminution

Potion, rare

When you drink this potion, you gain the “reduce” effect of the enlarge/reduce spell for 1d4 hours (no concentration required). The red in the potion’s liquid continuously contracts to a tiny bead and then expands to color the clear liquid around it. Shaking the bottle fails to interrupt this process.

--------

Potion of Heroism

Potion, rare

For 1 hour after drinking it, you gain 10 temporary hit points that last for 1 hour. For the same duration, you are under the effect of the bless spell (no concentration required). This blue potion bubbles and steams as if boiling.

--------

Potion of Climbing

Potion, common

When you drink this potion, you gain a climbing speed equal to your walking speed for 1 hour. During this time, you have advantage on Strength (Athletics) checks you make to climb. The potion is separated into brown, silver, and gray layers resembling bands of stone. Shaking the bottle fails to mix the colors.

-------

You also find a spell book.  George speaks up, "That belonged to a Rat who I was apprenticing...he'll no longer need it" he points to one of the men in the cylinders in the back of the room.

1st lvl: Shield, Detect Magic, Ray of Sickness, Cause Fear

2nd lvl: Arcane Lock, Ray of Enfeeblement

3rd lvl: Sleet Storm

In order to use any of these spells, you have to first copy them to your own spellbook.  You can only copy spells that you're capable of casting (so for you, that's just the 1st lvl spells now). To copy a spell to your spellbook it takes 2 hours and 50gp per spell level (ie it would take 2 hours and 50gp to copy a 1st lvl spell, 4 hours and 100pg to copy a 2nd lvl spell and 6 hours/150gp to copy a 3rd lvl spell).  Once you've spent the time and gold, you roll an arcana check.  To copy a 1st lvl spell the DC is 11 (base of 10 +1 for 1st lvl spell).  If you roll 11 or higher on your arcana check, the spell is successfully copied into your book.  If you roll below an 11, the copy failed.  Because it's a book and not a scroll, you can try again (taking another 2 hours and costing another 50gp)...if you fail when trying to copy a scroll, the scroll is ruined and you can't try again.

-------

When you finish searching this room, you hear George say "There are some things in the crates in the other chamber that might be of use to you as well.  When you're all ready, I'll open a portal and send you back there."

• CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited November 2019
    After your conversation with George is over, he opens a portal which takes you back into the previous chamber that you were in.  You have some time to inspect the crates and chests that only Plastalyn previously got a chance to look at.

You find:

Three casks, one of water, one of oil and one of ale.

Inside the crates you find dozes of changes of clothing, each that might be associated with a particular occupation ie clothes/uniforms that might be worn by bakers, blacksmiths, merchants, the Falcon Guards. city officials etc. as well as a kit designed to creat forged documents.  Collectively, these things amount to 5 disguise kits and one forgery kit.

Inside a chest you find an extremely well-made dress (worth 15gp), some accompanying jewelry - a necklace (25gp), a ring (15gp) and a broach (50gp) and a well-made suit tailored (15gp) and ornately carved walking stick (15gp).  Pinned to the inside pocket is a slip of paper that reads "Haverast's Haberdashery".  I rolled History checks for each of you...with a DC of 20 both @CabeGabe (20) and @Hatorian (critical!) were somehow able to recognize the name of that store.  Haverast's Haberdashery is a very exclusive shop in the Capital City of Vallance.  You realize that what you thought was probably a 15gp suit would be worth much more than that to anyone who recognized the name.

Also inside this chest is another, smaller chest.  Before opening the portal to this chamber, George told you a little bit about this chest, and told you that its current commad word is "Rats-nest".

Heward's Heavy Chest

Wondrous Item, rare.

This chest (2 feet long, 1 foot wide, 1 foot high) appears to be an ordinary, but well made and ornate chest.  Upon closer inspection, its true nature can be known.  When this chest is placed on a flat surface and the command word is spoken, it becomes inexplicably heavy and difficult to move and remains so until the command word is spoken again.  With the command word activated, any attempt to lift or move the chest requires a DC:20 Strength (Athletics) check.  Anyone who knows the command word can change the command word with a DC:10 Intelligence (Arcana) check.

Currently, inside the chest you find 200gp.

• Stirling
    "There's much not to like, but we have little choice."
  • I'm re-posting this so that the context of what happens next is fresh in your minds.  Treat this as a "Previously on..." intro to a new episode your favourite show :)

This is what happened after you guys fought the zombies at the Yard of the Last Guide.  After killing the zombies, most of the party headed back to town while Plastalyn and @Hatorian went off into the forest and found a couple of zombies that had been eaten by bears.  After taking care of the bodies, @Hatorian went back to town and Plastalyn went to break the new to the church elders over what happened.  You agreed to all meet up later that night.  This is what Plastalyn told you when you met up later that night:

------

"I knew the news of what happened earlier wouldn't be taken well by the elders, but I couldn't have imaged that they'd go as poorly as they did.  It's a long story with a lot of church politics, but the short of it is that the elders are in denial.  They've had suspicions for some time concerning my moral dilemma regarding some of our faith's traditions.  Rather than accept the facts that are right in front of them, they've chosen to pretend that they don't exist.  The elders were divided.  Some thought that the dead rose because a 'faithless one' as they called me preformed the burial ritual.  Others believed that I'd made the whole story up, that my faith in the church is so shattered that I'd staged the entire thing."

He hangs his head and looks down at the table.  He's unable to hide how upset he is by all of this.  He takes a moment to gather himself, lifts his head and continues.

"I was sent to my room while they debated my future with the church.  At this point, I have little doubt that I'll be excommunicated.  I supposed none of this is of particular interest to you.  However, this may very well be.  When I was in my room waiting to hear my fate, a note was slipped under my door. I jumped up to see how might have placed it there, but the hallways were empty when I opened my door.  I read the note, it simply had the word 'Negrellis" on it.  It's not a word that I'd ever heard before and had no meaning to me.  I defied the orders that I was given to stay in my room and made my way to our library.  We have dictionaries of all of the languages, but 'Negrellis' wasn't in any of them.  I thought that I was at a dead-end, but it occurred to me that the letter 'N' was capitalized and thus maybe not a foreign word but perhaps a name!"

His face lights up for the first time with a proud look of achievement.

"I searched the library's scrolls, records that we keep of the townsfolk...notices of birth, marriage and death.  No luck there at first, but while looking through some notices of death dated back about 20 the name Negresllis jumped off the scrolls to me!  Negrellis signed off on a few death certificates, he was once a priest at our church!"

"Unfortunately, just as I'd made my discovery, I heard a commotion coming from down the hall.  The other priests had discovered that I'd left my room and that set them off into a small panic.  I had to make my meeting with you and feared that they might have detained me, so I lept out a window and made my way here.  I keep this change of clothes hidden in town for my late-night activities."

"I don't know who this Negrellis is, how he fits into all of this but clearly I have an unknown ally within the church who wants me to follow this lead.  I just don't know where to start...going back to the church seems out of the question for the time being."
    Doctor_NickCapeGabeFlukes
  • I've got a work from home "snow day" today...that means more D&D to come! Haha!
    Alkaid13Flukes
  • I'm going to start a new thread for lvl 2...this one is taking a long time to load and post things to.

CapeGabe
This discussion has been closed.