Netflix vs. Apple vs. Disney

ar311kryptonar311krypton Tennessee
I see this argument a lot that "Apple doesn't stand a chance against the likes of Netflix, Hulu, or Disney+" Here I post some hard numbers and ask, how can any of these other services possibly come close?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2019/03/30/apples-cash-could-crush-netflix/#25fd5a07aaed

Disney, Amazon, Apple, Comcast, and Netflix’s Cash Chests

CompanyCashLeveraged Free Cash Flow
Disney$4.46B$7.09B
Amazon$41.25$16.76
Apple$86.43$45.14
Netflix$3.71$8.47
JoshuaHeter

Comments

• JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    I’m putting my money on Crackle.
    NoelElisagguenot
  • ar311kryptonar311krypton Tennessee
    Apparently Crackle is relaunching their service...for those that don't know, here is the first trailer for Apple's first original series.

JoshuaHeter
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    I’m putting my money on Crackle.
    Hey now! To be fair, that Dave Faustino vehicle they put out was just as fucking awful as everyone expected it to be.
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited July 9
    Throw Warner Media into he mix too. They just announced their new service will be called "HBO Max" and include all of HBO plus a bunch of Warner's other tv and movie properties (Warner Bros, New Line, DC Entertainment, CNN, TNT, TBS, The CW, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, etc.), plus new original programming. The big headline is that they'll be getting Friends back from Netflix in 2020. They certainly have a deep well of content to draw from to compete with Disney to some degree (and force Netflix to rely more and more on their own programming as has been the trend). No price details yet. HBO Now will remain as separate option (for now).

Elisa
  • I was into the a la carte/multi-subscription idea until it became clear that there would be roughly 10-20 relevant services each option intends to charge $8-$15/month. The landscape is getting really frustrating.
    lawgirl2528
  • It's certainly getting to be a very crowded market with everybody wanting their own streaming platform.  You almost have to just pick what's important to you and go that route and then when something else has something  you want to see you just pay for the month or however long, watch what you need to and drop it again.  I feel like that's the way it's going to have to be in the future with all these different streaming services.  Pay for a couple streaming services all year and then rotate the rest depending on what content interests you at the time. 
    TravisElisa