Is That Dart?(SPOILER)

At the end of season three, a fully grown Demogorgon shows up in an end credit scene. First, is the american mentioned beforehand Hopper, or Brenner? Also, is there a chance the Demogorgon here is Dart, or D'Artagnan? Just think, he was the last demodog to "die" in season two, because of his disconnection from the Mind Flayer, and his connection to Dustin.

Comments

• edited July 8
    I think it's safe to assume that the "American" they are referring to is Hopper but it is possible that it's Brenner.  They don't show either of those characters deaths.  

As far as that being Dart at the very end, I don't think it is as it makes sense that the gate" that they opened in Kamchatka has completely different demogorgons than the gate in Hawkins but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.  I'd have to watch it again but Dart had a unique marking near his butt, look for that on the one they show that kills the Russian.  

Also I would maybe throw a (Spoiler) tag in the title after Is That Dart? signifying that spoilers are included in the discussion.  Probably being more paranoid than I should but there's a pretty big spoiler in there for people that come venturing if they haven't seen all of season 3.
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    I say it's Hopper and not Brenner, because it being Brenner would be so lame. I mean, who cares? Eleven would have an emotional reaction to him showing back up maybe, but outside of that it would land pretty flat for most people to hear that the Russians have captured Dr. Brenner-- that human piece of cardboard that had like 2 lines throughout season 1.

Also, call 618-625-8313

Its Stranger Things' season 3 official hotline that acts like Murray Bauman's answering machine recording. 
    More hints leaning into Hopper being alive, or at least that's how it's being interpreted.
  • I say it's Hopper and not Brenner, because it being Brenner would be so lame. I mean, who cares? Eleven would have an emotional reaction to him showing back up maybe, but outside of that it would land pretty flat for most people to hear that the Russians have captured Dr. Brenner-- that human piece of cardboard that had like 2 lines throughout season 1.

Also, call 618-625-8313

Its Stranger Things' season 3 official hotline that acts like Murray Bauman's answering machine recording. 
    More hints leaning into Hopper being alive, or at least that's how it's being interpreted.
    I can't agree more regarding it being Hopper in the Russian prison.  I saw you posted that number in one of the other threads and I haven't gotten around to calling it yet but that is amazing.  Thank you for sharing.  How did you find out about the phone number?
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX

Also, call 618-625-8313

Haha. I called the #. That was fun.  I guess I could see how that could be interpreted as some sort of hint that Hopper is alive.  It could be they found the ker-splat remains of those Russians near the weapon (really to me looked like a gas turbine marine engine), but they couldn't find any Hopper remains...
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    awookiee said:
    I say it's Hopper and not Brenner, because it being Brenner would be so lame. I mean, who cares? Eleven would have an emotional reaction to him showing back up maybe, but outside of that it would land pretty flat for most people to hear that the Russians have captured Dr. Brenner-- that human piece of cardboard that had like 2 lines throughout season 1.

Also, call 618-625-8313

I can't agree more regarding it being Hopper in the Russian prison.  I saw you posted that number in one of the other threads and I haven't gotten around to calling it yet but that is amazing.  Thank you for sharing.  How did you find out about the phone number?
    No problem. I think I just saw an article posted on social media.

Here are a couple:
    https://screenrant.com/stranger-things-season-3-hopper-alive-phoneline/

https://www.cnet.com/news/stranger-things-3-you-can-actually-call-murray-baumans-phone-number/
    awookiee
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    @All the Chickens - thanks for sharing that!

Reading those articles led me to another link - Ingrid Michaelson just released a Stranger Things inspired album.  I haven't listened yet but I love her, so I can't wait!

awookiee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @All the Chickens Yeah, 100% that’s Hopper. No one cares about Brenner. 
  • It went through great lengths to show other character deaths, but Hopper's was never featured. So yeah, that's my opinion. It is Hopper.
  • Also-COULD that be Dart?
  • awookiee said:

Also, call 618-625-8313

No problem. I think I just saw an article posted on social media.

Here are a couple:
    https://screenrant.com/stranger-things-season-3-hopper-alive-phoneline/

https://www.cnet.com/news/stranger-things-3-you-can-actually-call-murray-baumans-phone-number/

It was seen in the background of episode six.
    awookiee