AppleTV+ Original Shows Preview (wow)

So after listening to J, A, & C's AppleTV+ coverage yesterday, I went searching for a preview of AppleTV+'s original programming. I read a report that Apple was paying $15 million per episode for one of the projects "See" with Jason Momoa..but after watching this trailer, I'd bet they are paying the same for all of the original shows they are producing. Aaron Paul, Lizzy Caplan, Octavia Spencer, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Steve Carrell, Rob Mcellhenney, Charlie Day, Joel Kinnaman, Chris fucking Evans to name a few of the people involved in the original content. Check it out

CretanBullgguenot

Comments

• MrXMrX CO
    edited July 14
    I heard @Jim say that Apple TV+ is going to be exclusive to Apple devices and some smart TVs - that's not quite true - in addition to launching on Sony, Samsung, LG, and Vizio TVs, it will also be available on Roku and Amazon FireTV devices. Maybe not consoles though or Windows computers or just the option to watch in a browser? Sony TVs and Amazon devices are technically Android so seems it will be on that OS to a degree. So a pretty wide set of devices not just limited to Apple's walled garden (but still not as wide as Netflix).

Noel
  • Huh, cool.  The articles I read didn't mention the streaming boxes at all, just the MacOS / iOS / TVs.  That availability is going to be crucial.
    MrX
  • I don't see myself subscribing to Apple + permanently but given some of the talent they are bringing in I will most definitely get a month or 2 worth of it and binge the shows I want to watch.  That's the big downfall with all these different platforms wanting their own streaming service but it's diversifying it and making it extremely competitive so maybe it will be a good thing for TV.  I don't think we're really in "The Golden Age" of TV anymore but maybe it will make a comeback in the form of exclusives for some of these different streaming services.