Any New Shows to Recommend?

I am bored with nothing else to watch. Any suggestions?

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Harlots on Hulu!  It's in its 3rd season, but you can binge through it quickly.  The seasons are only like 8 eps long.
    Flukes
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Harlots, Legion, Los Espookys, Penny Dreadful and The Expanse - all really good and different. 
  • Yeah, I've heard many good things about Harlots.
  • If you haven't tried Legion out yet it's my favorite thing going at the moment. Gripping. Brilliantly crafted. A cool world to spend time in. Great performances. Incredibly compelling storytelling. Amazing show.

If you're not in Big Little Lies that is really good as well. When my wife and I started season 1 I wasn't really expecting to get too into it, but man it swung me. The performances are off the charts (particularly Meryl Streep this season who is just next level in an already great cast, blowing amazing people doing amazing work off the screen). Good story too, and interestingly told.

Also, we just started Barry and watched both seasons in 3 sittings. Very gripping. Funny moments and yet pretty dark. It really is a gear that I always kind of suspected that Bill Hader had, but he confirmed it in a big way. Stephen Root is great as well. We were so sucked in. Definitely worth a spin if you haven't gotten to it.
    Elisa
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    If you have access to Comedy Central shows, try out Alternatino. It's AWESOME. So damn funny!
    Elisa
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Alternatino is only 30 minutes and kinda cool. Los Espookys on hbo is fantastic and also only 30 minutes. It’s completely innovative and only 6 episodes. Scooby Doo But wild and satirical. 
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    Safe is a british show that is on Netflix, we've not finished the season so I can't vouch for how it finishes, but its a pretty good mystery so far. 
    mostlywright
  • We were late to the American Vandal party, but I'm so glad we arrived. It's hilarious. I didn't realize it was a play on Serial (and other such projects). It's fantastic.
  • I really enjoyed the Netflix reality show (I normally despise reality TV) Blown Away. It is an elimination contest featuring glass blowers. There is a new season of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee as well as a 4th season (new) of Veronica Mars on Hulu. I am a sucker (shameful but true) for CW shows and I enjoyed In the Dark (on Netflix). Maybe all of these are not top "quality" TV viewing, but they are so very bingeable. 
  • I've been enjoying Showtime's City on a Hill.  Kevin Bacon is a fun watch as a corrupt, cocaine-fueled FBI agent in 1990s Boston.  Aldis Hodge and Jonathan Tucker do good work as well.
    Elisa
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    If you don't mind crude humor and some occasional over the top gore, I just finished the first two seasons (6 episodes each) of Norsemen on Netflix. I thought it was pretty damn good. It's goofy as hell but really enjoyable.
    Flukes
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    rhcoop said:
    Safe is a british show that is on Netflix, we've not finished the season so I can't vouch for how it finishes, but its a pretty good mystery so far. 
    I have an update.  The show was pretty good until the last 2 episodes.  I felt like they REALLY rushed the story in the last 2 episodes.  It's like they forgot they only had 2 episodes left and had to finish the story really quickly. 
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    Derry Girls on Netflix

fidoz