Comments

• I don't blame them. I don't like GoT s8, but what good is them getting yelled at about a TV show gonna do? 
    Dee
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I'm sure it would have been a level headed, good faith conversation where people would have better understood their view of how the final season went and what they were trying to accomplish.
    gguenotrkcrawfNoelEine Frau
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    I wouldn't want to be around those crybaby fans either (no offense to babies).
    awookiee
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    asmallcat said:
    I don't blame them. I don't like GoT s8, but what good is them getting yelled at about a TV show gonna do? 
    Maybe it'll stop them from getting an Emmy.
  • Honestly it would be nothing but the fans complaining to them about how season 8 turned out so what benefit does that do anybody?  As bad as it looks with them doing that it will make everybody attending the comic con focus on the things they like rather than focus on how disappointed they were with Game of Thrones.  I had very minor quibbles about season 8 but I think that the double D's pulling out is probably for the best for everybody involved. 
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Cecily said:
    asmallcat said:
    I don't blame them. I don't like GoT s8, but what good is them getting yelled at about a TV show gonna do? 
    Maybe it'll stop them from getting an Emmy.
    Not only do I hope that GOT wins the Emmy's, but I wish that there was a category for Best Showrunners, so that D&D could specifically win that Emmy too.

awookieeNoelUnibowlerJTKIIICecily
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    If they're afraid of the GOT fanbase, they might want to rethink jumping into the StarWars fan universe...
    TravisrkcrawfUnibowler
  • I understand that decision.  A younger, jerkyer version of me would have dress as a nun and followed them around ringing a bell yelling SHAME, SHAME, SHAME...
    All the ChickenskojiattwoodTeresa from ConcordawookieerkcrawfEine Fraublacksunrise7alexander.klassen
  • UnibowlerUnibowler San Antonio, Texas
    CapeGabe said:
    I understand that decision.  A younger, jerkyer version of me would have dress as a nun and followed them around ringing a bell yelling SHAME, SHAME, SHAME...
    Haha. You’re totally right. That definitely would’ve happened. Now I’m annoyed that it won’t. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    This was a smart move. It would have been smarter to do it weeks ago, and it would be smarter still to deal with it heads on instead of being weasles about it. Like, release a statement like "we are proud of the work we did on Game of Thrones and tried our best to give an ending that would be rewarding to the fans. However, we understand we missed the mark by the estimation of many in the audience. We have heard you, and we're going to take some time to reflect on the feedback and learn from it for our future projects."

That's literally all half of the people calling for heads need to hear to go back in koolaid mode, regardless of it's perceived sincerity. Of course, it's easy to apologize and engage the PR machine, it's much harder to actually follow through and knock that next project out of the park. Especially on something like Star Wars.

I honestly believe they've already lost the Star Wars trilogy. This is like an anti-Gunn situation. The Mouse is going to axe them, they're just trying to work out the details and the money so it's not any more explosive than it has to be.
    BloodyTacoJTKIIICecilyRyanReeseman
  • They kinda forgot about Comic-Con.
    CapeGabegjames80Eine FrauBloodyTacoNoelCecilyDoctor_NickDJ_150
  • They kinda forgot about Comic-Con.

Sick burn. Get out the ointment for them.
    Cecily
  • This was a smart move. It would have been smarter to do it weeks ago, and it would be smarter still to deal with it heads on instead of being weasles about it. Like, release a statement like "we are proud of the work we did on Game of Thrones and tried our best to give an ending that would be rewarding to the fans. However, we understand we missed the mark by the estimation of many in the audience. We have heard you, and we're going to take some time to reflect on the feedback and learn from it for our future projects."

That's literally all half of the people calling for heads need to hear to go back in koolaid mode, regardless of it's perceived sincerity. Of course, it's easy to apologize and engage the PR machine, it's much harder to actually follow through and knock that next project out of the park. Especially on something like Star Wars.

I honestly believe they've already lost the Star Wars trilogy. This is like an anti-Gunn situation. The Mouse is going to axe them, they're just trying to work out the details and the money so it's not any more explosive than it has to be.
    I will be delighted if this turns out to be the case.
    blacksunrise7
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Lucy you got some splainin to do!
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    You really think two people who ran the biggest TV show in history would be able to swallow their pride that much?  Lucas sure couldn't.

Like, release a statement like "we are proud of the work we did on Game of Thrones and tried our best to give an ending that would be rewarding to the fans. However, we understand we missed the mark by the estimation of many in the audience. We have heard you, and we're going to take some time to reflect on the feedback and learn from it for our future projects."

A_Ron_Hubbard
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    This was a smart move. It would have been smarter to do it weeks ago, and it would be smarter still to deal with it heads on instead of being weasles about it. Like, release a statement like "we are proud of the work we did on Game of Thrones and tried our best to give an ending that would be rewarding to the fans. However, we understand we missed the mark by the estimation of many in the audience. We have heard you, and we're going to take some time to reflect on the feedback and learn from it for our future projects."

It would be ridiculous for them to do this. They just finished running one of if not the most successful show of all time, the last season of which is currently up for a bunch of Emmys. They're not going to formally apologize for the show in any way that would hurt their leverage for future projects, especially just to try and appease a small part of the audience with a kind of disturbing personal vendetta against them who are never going to be happy anyway.
  • It's petty, but I am happy to see some awareness of people's disappointment breaking through their bubble of self-congratulations.