Comments

• MrXMrX CO
    edited July 21
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited July 21
  • DoubleA_RonDoubleA_Ron San Diego
    Welp, try again in another decade or so, DC.
    MrXgguenotMurderbearTravis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited July 21
    i actually just watched Endgame and haven't seen Homecoming yet. so what may be a silly question.. are all MCU movies that are post Endgame taking place in 2023 (or whatever year '5 Years Later' is) or after?
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    Come on let’s have a cool Silver Surfer. 
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    All I wanted was another Ant-Man movie.
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Really pulling for a Jane, Valkyrie, Thor love triangle with Thor losing out. More Thor character development there, along the same lines. Then I want him to solidly trounce Chris Pratt in a man-off. 
    Travis
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I went in feeling a bit apprehensive. I don’t have a strong affinity for any of those characters outside of Thor and Dr. Strange. But even that was only because of the heavy lifting they did to get me there. But the more I sit with it the happier I am that we aren’t just getting a Captain America 7 or an Iron Man 8. I’m happy to see them pivoting a bit and doing some other stuff but also making sequels to the movies that make sense. It’s also smart that some of these are always off, to let the folks complaining about Marvel fatigue get a chance to recharge their batteries. 
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Chinaski said:
    i actually just watched Endgame and haven't seen Homecoming yet. so what may be a silly question.. are all MCU movies that are post Endgame taking place in 2023 (or whatever year '5 Years Later' is) or after?
    Far from Home and presumably ones that are continuing the timeline do, yea. I don't think they're going to address people being missing for 5 years in that much depth. Spiderman had a few gags that were pretty good just to let you know they haven't forgotten about it but it doesn't seem like much more than background. 
    Chinaski
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Chinaski said:
    Far from Home and presumably ones that are continuing the timeline do, yea. I don't think they're going to address people being missing for 5 years in that much depth. Spiderman had a few gags that were pretty good just to let you know they haven't forgotten about it but it doesn't seem like much more than background. 
    gotcha! thanks for clarifying.

and i meant Far from Home and not Homecoming.
    bizmarkiefader
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    I'm excited about the Dr. Strange/Lovecraft story, I think the casting for Blade is inspired and I like Shang Chi as a character so that should be fun.

Jane/Thor is a hard pass for me.  I hated that drug out story in the comics and I'm definitely not excited to see Portman sleep walk through another Thor movie. 
    Teresa from Concord
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    rhcoop said:
    Jane/Thor is a hard pass for me.  I hated that drug out story in the comics and I'm definitely not excited to see Portman sleep walk through another Thor movie. 
    The fact that they actually got her back is exciting to me. Because, to be honest, I can't exactly blame her for not being psyched about being in the first two Thor movies. I don't even know if she was actually in Endgame. Feels like they just used old footage. Taika absolutely killed it with Ragnarok so hopefully she's willing to be in this for a reason.
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    rhcoop said:
    The fact that they actually got her back is exciting to me. Because, to be honest, I can't exactly blame her for not being psyched about being in the first two Thor movies. I don't even know if she was actually in Endgame. Feels like they just used old footage. Taika absolutely killed it with Ragnarok so hopefully she's willing to be in this for a reason.
    I hope people like it if that is what they are looking for, but I HATED Ragnarok. 

They had the opportunity to do one of the best storylines in the entire Thor comic series (the surter story was one of the best parts of the Walt Simonson run on Thor) and they turned it into a Benny Hill skit writ large IMO. 

When Thor's face slid down that windshield of the ship like in a bugs bunny cartoon, I knew it was going to be a sh!tshow. 

Again, I hope people enjoy it, but that Jane/Thor story couldn't end soon enough for me in the comics.