Tabletop Gaming Group

Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
Thinking about organizing a semi-regular, online board/tabletop gaming session. If anyone is interested I have some copies of Tabletop Simulator I can give out. 

Comments

• I know nothing about this and I'm not sure how frequently I'd be able to join or what kinds of games you are playing but I have an interest.  
    Alkaid13
  • I already own a copy but have never used it other than to try to flip a table.

I would be interested depending on what game is being played at the time.
    Alkaid13
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited July 24
    It’ll depend on what people are interested in I guess. There’s a lot of mods on Steam for TTS to replicate board games. I currently have Scythe, Secret Hitler, and Betrayal at House on the Hill mods. 
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    I'm also potentially interested, my board game collection/playing has gone up about 97% the last 7 months or so. I may or may not have a problem.

I am also not sure about available time, but I don't see a problem with proper planning and such on my end.

Alkaid13
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Definitely interested. 
    Alkaid13
    edited July 25
    Ok, let’s define some kind of loose schedule to start.
    I’m generally free Tuesday-Friday anytime after 6 pm EST. I’m also usually free on most weekends although Saturdays are usually the days I go out with friends/family. Sundays I’m more or less free all day though. 
    To start out I’d like to argue for sometime after work on Fridays, assuming everyone here has similar Mon-Friday work schedules then late Friday seems like a good spot where it’s easy enough to stay up late because there’s no work next day to wake up for and also it’s not a weekend so people usually don’t have prior plans. Obviously with multiple time zones this gets iffy but that’s my starting pitch. 
    After 6pm est Friday would work for me. 
    Alkaid13
    So far have a few votes for Fridays after 6 pm EST. 
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    I am interested and later on Friday would probably work for me.  
    Alkaid13
  • I'm not sure that I could really commit for this at this point in time but I might be able to hop in for random nights.  
    Alkaid13
    Of note: my version of TTS is on steam so you’ll need a steam account. 
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I may not be able to commit to a regular schedule, but I'd be down to drop in. I can purchase my own copy if need be. 

Later on Fridays is generally good.
    Alkaid13
    So shall we tentatively plan a first get together next Friday then? I could also do tomorrow but that might too early for everyone. 
  • Maybe everyone look at the available games in Steam Workshop and those available next Friday put their top 5 games to see if we can get some sort of consensus 
    Alkaid13
    i can do next friday night US time.
    the only one i would like to put forward would be Axis and Allies any version. 
    but ill play whatever the group decides. 

Alkaid13
    Alright so sounds like we’ll try and do this next Friday around 6ish pm EST then. If anyone already has TTS or is willing to buy a copy that’s obviously preferable but again I gift a few copies as needed for people. I will also need the steam accounts for anyone interested in order to create a room. Also I guess we should probably decide what form of group chat we’d like to use to communicate with. 
    Also if anyone would like to try out TTS before then feel free to PM me and I’ll try and walk you through it. 
    edited July 27
    Yo dude. I’m free for the next few hours if you want to do some testing on Tabletop. 

My WhatsApp is +xxxxxx

edit: sending you a pm

or if you have an iPhone you can iMessage me at that number. Let me know. 
    Ok we’re probably going to start the first session this Friday at 6:00/6:30 pm EST. Again if anyone is unable to buy their own copy of TTS and would like to play, hit me up and I’ll gift you one. For all those interested, there’s a voice chat on the Bald Move Discord that I’ve set up called “Tabletop Games Chat” you can find the link to the server here: https://discord.gg/7rqc2R
    If we’d all rather use Skype or Google hangouts or something feel free to vote. 

Otherwise I’ll be on voice come Friday so feel free to join. If you’re shy you can always mute. Once you have TTS setup please have it running and select the “Join Group” option. The Room/Session Name will be “BaldMoveTTS” and the password will be “BMTTS” and it is case sensitive so keep that in mind although again if you’re on voice chat I should be able to walk you through it. TTS can support up to 10 people in one room so first come first serve as far as availability goes though if we end up with a lot more than 10 people (seems doubtful for the first session but who knows) I guess we’ll plan something. 

The selection of games thus far are:

Arkham Horror
    Axis and Allies
    Betrayal at House on the Hill
    Love Letter
    Risk
    Scythe
    Secret Hitler
    Shadows over Camelot
    Sheriff of Nottingham

I’ll probably get a few more mods by Friday but if you have any other suggestions feel free to ask and I’ll see what I can find. 
  • Out of that list I think the game easiest to learn and get used to the program would be Love Letter. Really easy to teach and goes fast. It would be nice to get some people who don't normally game, who haven't seen the boom in the last 15-20 years and let them see what is out there.

If we get more than 4 people we can use this version that has Love Letter Deluxe that adds new cards that allows up to 8 people:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=821615250&searchtext=love+letter+deluxe

In the real world Love Letter is a great on-the-go game. It fits in your palm so just put it in a pocket and go. Drinking at a hotel bar after a wedding I had it in my pocket and 5 of us played all night, (4 person version so 1st loser sat out a game which is OK because the game only lasts 10-15 minutes.
    Hmmm, I’ll have to download that mod. It’s fancier than the one I currently have. 

Agree that little card games like Love Letter and Sushi Go are good games on the go and easy to learn. 
    Stuff like Scythe, while fun when you know how to play, takes hours. 
    I’m probably going to add Clue, Spirit Island Deluxe, and Sushi Go mods as well. 
    JaimieT
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    We'll be heading out of town for the (Canadian) long weekend so I won't be available this weekend.
    No worries. Tomorrow is more of a trial day anyways. 
  • Very interested although probably can't make tomorrow.  Lots of good games I use TTS for.  Gloomhaven, Pandemic Legacy, KDM, Root, Cosmic Encounter,  King of Tokyo.  
    CapeGabe
  • I'll have to catch you guys later, this week and next don't look good for me.  Have fun.
    No worries all, not really a set time zone for this thing so we can mess around with the formula a bit and see what works. Feel free to jump in whenever. Also remember that anyone can host and the majority of the mods are free so if you’d like to host your own games when I’m not around go ahead!
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Okay @Alkaid13 and I are playing, people come and join!
  • Sorry,  life annoyingly interfering with my game time. Will be there next time.
    I’m coming. What’s the server?