Tabletop Gaming Group

Comments

• No worries I’ll be on at 8 ET and if no one shows up in about.....30 mins I’ll just call it til next week. 
  • Sorry, life came up and I forgot to post I wouldn't make it. I'll hopefully catch the next one. 

Alkaid13
  • Yea. I needed the sleep. Slept til 10 which was 2 hours into game time. Body needed to recharge. Good to go for next week
    Alkaid13
  • Saturday at 8 EST/7 CT?
  • I should be good for then.

As long as I don't lose track of what day or hour it is at any given moment...

Alkaid13
  • In
    Alkaid13
  • Overall a pretty successful two player night. Thanks to @CapeGabe for joining me. 
  • By the way I’m willing to switch up days if people would rather not play weekends. 
  • Shit! I totally forgot
  • I was on my computer too. Wtf brain?
  • No worries mate, next time. 
  • edited April 2020
    Had a good time learning what was a new game for me. Really nice mod for Quacks of Quedlinburg.

There are tons of game mods for Tabletop Simulator. If you have a favorite game you'd like to play let us know, there is likely a mod for it. I'll try any game once.

Perhaps we should try a cross promotion Bald Move/Tabletop Expanse (If you haven't been at the Friday night Expanse Twitch Party you are missing out on a good rewatch)

The Expanse Board Game (+Expansion: Doors and Corners) has a mod on Steam we should check out.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1383409854&searchtext=the+expanse

It's game mechanics are based on Twilight Struggle for 2-4 players. Play as Earth, Mars, OPA or Jules-Pierre Meowwwwww.

Quick overview on how to play:

Flukes
  • Hatorian said:
    I was on my computer too. Wtf brain?
    Yeah, I could see you were playing something on Discord. How is that WWII shooter? The graphics looked really nice when I looked it up. Not sure my old laptop could handle it.

• It’s really foods. Still needs some works work done but it’s fun and much of a challenge as everybody has to work together in various ways. Like officers of each 6 man platoon can speak to each other to call out for support. The different classss are all important. Engineers are needed to build fuel for tanks to spawn. Anti tank infantry are Super. Useful when you run up on a Panther.

but yea it’s a beast to run. And right now they only have us servers so my piNg even with fibre is in the 100-250 range which sucks for a shooter 
    CapeGabe
  • BTW I found a keyboard command that might solve the the card problem in Biblios.

You can put the card face down on the table and press ALT+SHIFT to peek. You can see the other side of the card and the others just see an eyeball over the card to know that you are peeking at it to protect from cheaters.

We will have to test out with players to be sure but if it does it will make the game work much easier.

Alkaid13
  • Alkaid13 said:
    By the way I’m willing to switch up days if people would rather not play weekends. 
    Not sure if you can play tonight but I’m on my comp
  • Planning for Saturday at 8 again. Might also do something Friday night. 
  • Friday I'll be enjoying Bald Move Expanse watch.

Saturday night is about 80% good for me. Only problem is if D&D crew shift the Saturday afternoon start time.

Alkaid13
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Gonna get a game going In an hour for anyone who’s in?
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Thanks to @Hatorian @Flukes and @groovydooley for joining tonight. 
    HatorianFlukes
    The Expanse board game was fun, very thematically appropriate to the show. 
    Flukes
    Good game. All hail Earth! Master of the solar system!
    Game night in 40ish mins. 
  • If anyone wants to join us for Tabletop Simulator we use Bald Move Discord for voice chat.
    If you ever plan on joining us please take advantage of the link now.

https://discord.gg/zTxS4cc

We usually play on Saturdays but also I’m open to Friday nights and Sundays. Speaking of which, what are we doing this week?
  • Alkaid13 said:
    We usually play on Saturdays but also I’m open to Friday nights and Sundays. Speaking of which, what are we doing this week?
    @Hatorian was pretty geeked up for another Expanse on Saturday. I'll be watching The Expanse with Bald Move on Friday night so an Expanse weekend sounds cool.

All right Saturday at 8 again works for me. 
    I’m good for both. I have no life and these social interactions are the only thing keeping me sane from burying my kids in the backyard....;)
    CapeGabe said:
    Alkaid13 said:
    @Hatorian was pretty geeked up for another Expanse on Saturday. I'll be watching The Expanse with Bald Move on Friday night so an Expanse weekend sounds cool.

I am. But if it was totally up to me I’d want to play Axis and Allies. But Expanse is definitely a game I want to play again and soon
    Anybody in for this evening? I’m on for both Friday and Saturday.