The definitive Quentin Tarantino movies ranking

Not sure if the baldmove community is big on QT but for me personally I think he's a genius filmmaker and screen writer. His movies generally tend to only get better with rewatches , and that's why the hateful eight for example gets a bad rap , i truly enjoyed rewatching it . So for those who love QT work , how would you rank his movies ? 

Comments

• Of the ones I’ve seen, I’d probably go:
    1) Jango
    2) Pulp Fiction
    3) Reservoir Dogs
    4) Inglorious Basterds
    5) H88
    6) Kill Bill 1
    7) Kill Bill 2
    8) Deathproof

If From Dusk Till Down counted for some odd reason I’d put it in between the KBs. I haven’t seen Jackie Brown unfortunately and I don’t dislike Deathproof, just if I had to rank them

mft9186
  • 1. Jackie Brown
    2. Kill Bill 1
    3. Kill Bill 2
    4. Pulp Fiction
    5. Reservoir Dogs
    6. Inglorious Basterds
    7. Django Unchained
    8. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
    9. The Hateful Eight

mft9186Freddycdrive
  • 1.pulp fiction 
    2.inglorious basterds 
    3. Kill bill ( 1&2 as one movie ) 
    4. Hateful eight 
    5.reservoir dogs 
    6. Django unchained 
    7. Jackie brown 
    8. Death proof 
    BroRad33
    1. Kill Bill 2
    2. Inglorious Bastards
    3. Django Unchained
    4. Pulp Fiction
    5. Hateful Eight 
    6. Kill Bill 1
    7. Reservoir Dogs 
    8. Jackie Brown
    9. Deathproof
    If you include movies that he's only written, then I would throw True Romance above Reservoir Dogs and From Dusk Till Dawn above Jackie Brown. My one and two can be swapped depending on my mood. 
    CretanBullChinaski
  • Dummy said:
    1. Kill Bill 2
    2. Inglorious Bastards
    3. Django Unchained
    4. Pulp Fiction
    5. Hateful Eight 
    6. Kill Bill 1
    7. Reservoir Dogs 
    8. Jackie Brown
    9. Deathproof
    If you include movies that he's only written, then I would throw True Romance above Reservoir Dogs and From Dusk Till Dawn above Jackie Brown. My one and two can be swapped depending on my mood. 
    Flip Kill Bill 1 with Pulp Fiction and that's my list :)
    mft9186ChinaskiDummy
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited July 31
    Haven't seen some of these in a while, but I think this would be my preference in terms of what I'd enjoy now:

1. Jackie Brown
    2. Inglorious Basterds
    3. Pulp Fiction
    4. Kill Bill 1
    5. Kill Bill 2
    6. Django Unchained
    7. Reservoir Dogs
    8. Deathproof

Note: Haven't seen The Hateful Eight or Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    FreddyTravisBroRad33
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i'm a big fan and super looking forward to seeing Once Upon a Time in Hollywood this weekend.

funny, i started a similar thread almost 2 years ago. apparently Twinkie Ice Cream got my attention in September 0f 2017, shocker!

mft9186gguenotFreddy
  • Also all y'all who have Jackie Brown ranked so low are cancelled. Sorry that's the law.

Chinaskimft9186RyanReesemanCapeGabeFreddyDummyTravisOpusWho
  • edited July 25
    MrX said:
    Also all y'all who have Jackie Brown ranked so low are cancelled. Sorry that's the law.

Jackie brown is great and I have to admit despite of the discussion title , you can't really have one definitive ranking , upon any rewatch of his movies this list can be changed 
    MrX
  • Chinaski said:
    i'm a big fan and super looking forward to seeing Once Upon a Time in Hollywood this weekend.

funny, i started a similar thread almost 2 years ago. apparently Twinkie Ice Cream got my attention in September 0f 2017, shocker!

Haha, very interesting , wasn't aware of that thread. Will take a look at it and see how people ranked em 

• FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited July 25
    MrX said:
    Also all y'all who have Jackie Brown ranked so low are cancelled. Sorry that's the law.

Damn right. Jackie Brown is #1, and the rest can sit their happy ass down in the hierarchy of the Tarantinoverse wherever they damn well please for all I care.

"Half a million dollars will always be missed."
    MrXDoctor_NickAww_PHuuCk
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    1. Jackie Brown
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Reservoir Dogs
    4. Inglorious Basterds 
    5. Django 
    6. Hateful Eight
    7. Kill Bills (but haven’t seen them in a long time, need to rewatch)
    8. Death Proof
    MrX
    Tarantino really does seem to boil down to two types of fans: the type who rank Jackie Brown high, and the kind who don't.
    Tarantino really does seem to boil down to two types of fans: the type who rank Jackie Brown high, and the kind who don't.
    MrX
  • Of the ones I've seen. Note I've liked most of these movies, these are mostly how much I want to watch them again (I'd watch most of them all again)

1. Kill Bill 1
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Kill Bill 2
    4. Reservoir Dogs
    5. Jackie Brown
    6. Hateful 8
    7. Django
    8. Getting hit by a bus
    9. Deathproof
    cdrive
  • Freddy said:
    Freddy said:
    Ok! jesus!

:D 
    gguenot said:
    Freddy said:
    Freddy said:
    Ok! jesus!

:D 
    The Android don't lie. (The phone tends to double post from time to time, but in this case, it's warranted.)
    gguenot
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    1. Inglorious basterds: “this just might be my masterpiece”
    Chinaskimft9186BroRad33
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    So on the other end, is there a Tarantino movie you wish he passed on? For me it’s Deathproof. I actually left before it ended and walked into another theater. Sadly that was no better. John Travolta and other old guys riding motorcycles. 

PS - excited by the possibility that Once Upon a Time will become the new #1! Looks amazing. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited July 25
    So on the other end, is there a Tarantino movie you wish he passed on? For me it’s Deathproof. I actually left before it ended and walked into another theater. Sadly that was no better. John Travolta and other old guys riding motorcycles. 

PS - excited by the possibility that Once Upon a Time will become the new #1! Looks amazing. 
    haha you shoulda stayed to see Kurt Russel's magical got his ass beat performance  :D

but hey, you stumbled into a gem! John Travolta, Martin Lawrence, Tim Allen and William H riding hogs.. errrr i mean WILD hogs! then running into an obstacle that's so serious he quit smoking.. Ray Liotta! i salute you!

• edited July 25
    I definitely wish he would have passed on The Hateful Eight. Holy fuck that movie was excruciating.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I’m psyched for Once upon a time. The master of dialogue with Charles Manson...i don’t think I’ve ever been more excited for scenes of someone simply talking. 
    mft9186
  • I'm really psyched about Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. That should be awesome. 
    To qualify, I really need to see Inglorious, but haven't done so yet. I also haven't seen these movies in quite some time so it may be skewing my perspective.

1. Kill Bill 1
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Kill Bill 2
    4. Jackie Brown
    5. Django Unchained
    6. Hateful 8
    7. Reservoir Dogs

8. Death Proof
    cdrive
  • Inglorious Basterds is my 1

Pulp Fiction is my 2

Then it gets cloudy, all good tho

TravisgguenotHatorian
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    1. Kill Bill 1
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Kill Bill 2
    4. Django Unchained
    5. Inglorious Basterds
    6. Reservoir Dogs
    7. Jackie Brown
    8. Death Proof
    9. Hateful Eight

Travis
  • MichaelMichael Virginia
    Just saw Hollywood! It was great! Not #1, but top 5. Apparently I need to rewatch Kill Bill. Not on my top 5. 
    Pulp
    Bastards
    Django
    Hollywood
    Brown
    Dogs
    Eight
    KB’s
    cdriveChinaskiTravis
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    Freddy said:
    Tarantino really does seem to boil down to two types of fans: the type who rank Jackie Brown high, and the type who are wrong.
    FTFY
    FreddyAww_PHuuCkTravis
  • 1. Inglorious Basterds
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Kill Bill Vol 1. & 2
    4. Jackie Brown
    5. Django Unchained
    6. Reservoir Dogs
    7. The Hateful Eight
    8. Deathproof 
    BroRad33Hatorian
  • Ok just saw Hollywood and I’d put it at #3 as of right now...just fucking amazing! I don’t know how he does it! 

Also, can someone start a spoiler thread on this already?
    Chinaskimft9186awookieeTravis
  • 1. Kill Bill 2
    2. Pulp Fiction
    3. Jackie Brown
    4. Christoph Waltz's scenes in Inglourious Basterds
    5. Django Unchained
    6. Kill Bill 1
    7. Hateful Eight
    8. Reservoir Dogs
    9. The rest of Inglourious Basterds
    10. Deathproof

Deathproof fucking rules though. I'm seeing Hollywood tomorrow, but I wanted to get down my lineup before I was tainted by recency.
    Travis