Netflix: Another Life

mtron32mtron32 San Diego
edited July 30 in Other TV
Whoever cut that trailer is a genius because that's the worst Netflix show I've ever seen.  I watched two and a half episodes because I wasn't going to start another show and just said fuckit and went to bed, my dreams have better writing and casting than the trash I was watching.  It wasn't even the so bad it's good variety since none of the characters were likable, just a trash show.   
blue_sleeve

Comments

• Awww man, I like Katee Sackhoff and the show looked ok so I was going to check this out.  I just checked the RT score and it's 7% so thanks for the heads up.  I won't be wasting my time.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Yeah bummer. Very disappointing. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Damn. I opened Netflix and was gonna put it on but luckily saw this first. Disappointed.
  • Let me preface this with saying I went in with low expectations, looking for just a fun show, while not expecting anything scientifically accurate. Because of that, I actually liked it. I compare this to a 'Fallen Skies' quality type show. If you go in expecting the next 'Expanse' you'll be HIGHLY disappointed! That's my 2-cents anyway.
    Elisa
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    mtron32 said:
    Whoever cut that trailer is a genius because that's the worst Netflix show I've ever seen.  I watched two and a half episodes because I wasn't going to start another show and just said fuckit and and went to bed, my dreams have better writing and casting than the trash I was watching.  It wasn't even the so bad it's good variety since none of the characters were likable, just a trash show.   
    I agree, I do like Sackoff, but I watched about 10 mins of the first episode and noped out of it.  It was aggressively pedestrian. 
  • mtron32mtron32 San Diego
    rhcoop said:
    mtron32 said:
    Whoever cut that trailer is a genius because that's the worst Netflix show I've ever seen.  I watched two and a half episodes because I wasn't going to start another show and just said fuckit and and went to bed, my dreams have better writing and casting than the trash I was watching.  It wasn't even the so bad it's good variety since none of the characters were likable, just a trash show.   
    I agree, I do like Sackoff, but I watched about 10 mins of the first episode and noped out of it.  It was aggressively pedestrian. 
    Sackoff got me to que it, but the rest of those actors were an instant repellent where my only pleasure was hoping she'd elbow the lot of them.
    rhcoop
  • edited July 30
    Based on the feedback I was hoping it would be so ridiculously dumb it would be entertaining. But when I tried to get through an episode I dozed off in the first ten minutes.
  • Was hoping for the best. Got some awful dialogue in the first 20 minutes and had to stop. 
  • If I "thumbs down" the show on Netflix, will it know the show is awful or think I just don't like sci-fi??