Why is Bald Move Not Covering Penny Dreadful?

What's the deal Jim and A.Ron? Penny Dreadful is one of the best shows on television. The writing, story, acting and sets are all top notch. So whats the deal? Make it a podcast. Thank you.
TravisJovial_Falcon

Comments

• TravisTravis CA
    edited May 2015
    The outrage! Ha! I'd certainly catch up and listen. I watched the first 2 from season 1 and enjoyed them a lot, just got caught up in other stuff and back-burnered it, but I've been meaning to finish it and get with the now. I certainly support this agenda. Not sure how the show's ratings are though. Is there enough of an audience?
  • MichaelMichael Virginia
    Looks like a good show. Unfortunately, it's Showtime, which I do not subscribe too. 
  • hypergenesbhypergenesb Atlanta
    edited May 2015
    The show only draws a half million viewers. Small audience. Even though I dig it, and it would make a good cast, there are other shows I'd like to see them cover.
    steph_bNikkiP
  • Its a fun show to watch. I know nothing of the source material, or rather the characters, and Im always intrigued and disturbed.

I had the same reaction when realizing Josh Harnett was in this show as I did with Joshua Jackson being in Fringe. I told myself "i dont know man. I really dont like his acting that much" but both have proven me wrong and it didnt take long into the 1st season for either to change my mind.

P.S. The end of the S2 opener was laughably disturbing. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON haha
  • edited May 2015
    Season 2 is off to a great start. How could they not cover it? The show is concentrated 100% awesomeness. And the audience will grow. Breaking Bad wasn't a audience hit right away either. And if bald move is covering American Horror Story, and this isn't on their schedule, then pssssh please, the silliness of it all.
  • The fact that its on Showtime, I dont see the viewership growing that much. I think by the end of S2 it will grow but I dont expect millions. Showtime doesnt care though. They will keep it on with the viewership they have.

I agree that an A&J podcast would be nice but
    the timing isnt good. No Ship Network does a podcast if you need one to listen to. I just got done listening to their Vikings S3 podcasts and it was really good. So check it out if you want

Emmelyne
  • I understand what your saying about viewership Jovial but the fact that bald move does a podcast about the walking dead and not penny dreadful is just extremely unfortunate. And I don't want to listen to another podcast about penny dreadful, only Jim and A.Ron's take on it. 
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    No Ship Network, the same guys who do Vikings, have a Penny Dreadful podcast.
    Emmelyne
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Jim hasn't seen it, though I know it's on his radar.  Might be a Bald Move TV on it if he can and we have some thoughts on the new season, or maybe Cecily and I can do something.  Oof, I had no idea the ratings were that low for it.  Just checked the subreddit for the group, pretty light there.
    Elisa
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    I watched a few episodes. Everything I this show presented I really wanted to love, and I did enjoy but that characters just didn't do it for me. I was not immediately drawn into them. Characters are always the most important thing in shows/movies/books. And I didn't love em, wasn't racing back to see them again.

Does this aspect get better? It's not that they are not interesting but a lot of shows think that's all they need. You have to make the charachters relationships toward each ohter meaningful, you have to want to see how they interact. I don't really care about seeing these guys interact.
    Travis
  • April_May_JuneApril_May_June California
    edited May 2015
    Just my two cents - I loved the first season of this show. I haven't started the second season of this yet, but I would love it if J&A do a podcast on it!
    Elisa
  • @aberry89 it gets way better. there are so many "main" characters, and each gets back story, that it takes a while to develop their relationships.
    ElisaTravis
  • I'd definitely be willing to catch up on PD to do a one-off podcast since I've been meaning to watch it anyway.
    TravisJovial_FalconApril_May_JuneRaiyne
  • PLEASE HURRY. This show is too good! Some flaws of course but so engaging and creepy. I'm
    Enjoying it more than GoT!
    Elisa
  • Wow, that's high praise!  I guess I need to figure out how to watch it asap.
    RaiyneElisa
    I think the first season is available on Amazon instant, and the first episode of season two is free currently On Demand on TWC.

• EnverEnver Toronto
    Raiyne said:

I'm
    Enjoying it more than GoT!

Channeling my inner Janos Slynt: "Lies, LIES".
    Raiyne
  • I think the first season is available on Amazon instant, and the first episode of season two is free currently On Demand on TWC.

That first ep of S2 is on YouTube, Showtime's site, basically everywhere.
    Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Resurrecting this, because *wow*.  SUCH a great show.  One of the best I've seen in a long time (The Leftovers joined those ranks late last year).   I just caught the first ep. of the 2nd season, and was immediately drawn back in after taking a month off between seasons.  Eva Green is so amazingly talented... just a phenom of an actress.  I've already asked recently if Cecily & ARon had decided yet whether or not they're for sure going to do a podcast on the show when season 3 starts, and they still weren't sure.  So, I won't press the issue but I'm remaining hopeful. 
    AntManBeeElisaBrawn
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited February 2016
    I cant wait for season 3. When it comes to vampire/spooky/horror shows on tv, I think I am willing to settle for less, so when something of this high quality comes along it's pretty great. This show really walks right up to the line between over the top macabre and subtle horror. I think I have watched the "Cut Wife" episode 3 or 4 times, it's incredible. 

I don't watch Banshee, and I think A.Ron and Cecily have to choose between Penny Dreadful or Banshee. I really, really REALLY hope they choose this one. I listen to another PD cast, but, ya know, they arent A.Ron and Cecily. 
    Jovial_FalconMichelleElisamanhattnikBrawnGredalBee
  • edited February 2016
    Please don't pit Banshee and Penny Dreadful against each other.  Both shows are fantastic, and it would inevitably end in a throat rip.  Get the Bowman for Banshee (if he's available) and Cecily for Penny Dreadful.

I'm looking forward to Christian Camargo this season.  He was an all-star caliber creep on Dexter, so hopefully he can bring it back.
    ElisaReni
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Totally agree Penny Dreadful is must see tv, the best in the gothic horror genre.
    Michelle
    Yeah, it's a real pisser.  Since she's the one providing the free labor, I'll leave it up to @Cecily.
    Travis
  • I hope you do Penny Dreadful. Great show.
    ElisaBrawn
  • elgat0elgat0 Clearwater
    I'll cast my vote towards a Penny Dreadful podcast. 
    ElisaTravisBrawn
  • Sorry but there is absolutely no way this show deserves a cast before Mr.Robot & Narcos ....whether you are deciding based on a shows seniority, quality of what its put out so far or any other measure....idt you can really put Penny above either of these at the moment.
  • @ChuckKelly I don't see why they can't do all three show.
    Elisa
  • Man, if it comes down to Penny Dreadful v. Banshee, I vote for Banshee. I've been really, really, REALLY looking forward to the Banshee cast ever since A.Ron announced it.
    hypergenesb
  • Quality control I suppose, it seems they take great pride in doing their research prior to casting and avoid doing casts on shows where there is not much discussion going on. That and they are both adult men with responsibilities and strings like mortgages, wives, kids, bills ect which prob limits the bandwidth of the # of shows they have time to research in depth, draw up notes for and record daily. 

There are also very few shows A&J seem to have a enough confidence in to cast on from S1. I think they have been burnt 1 to many times trying to predict the hits vs the misses and would rather play catch up and cast on S1 of a show late/pick up on S2 vs. take a chance of 8-20 casts worth of time being wasted that could of been spent on stuff they know there is a demand for.
  • Reni said:

Man, if it comes down to Penny Dreadful v. Banshee, I vote for Banshee. I've been really, really, REALLY looking forward to the Banshee cast ever since A.Ron announced it.

I'm with Reni. If there is a choice, mine is for Banshee.
    CecilyReni