Ideas for the next groundhogs day marathon...

HatorianHatorian Dagobah
edited July 31 in General
I know we’re waaays away from the next marathon but it’s never too early to think about what what the guys should do for the next version....

1. Viewing of all the extended Lord of the Rings movies including the Hobbits. Which conveniently comes out to almost exactly 24 hours....Jim would love this. 

Or 

2. A 24 hour viewing of the Hallmark channel...

or

3. A 24 hour viewing of a select group of horror movies that all have a RT score under 24 that equals a run time for the day. 

Or

4. A 24 hour viewing of all those shitty comedy satires that make fun of popular movies. 

whos got some other ideas....

Reni

Comments

• A lot of tv shows have done "time loop" episodes. I don't know if there's enough for 24 hours, but it would have the Groundhog-vibe for sure.
    gguenotJim
  • Futurama marathon. Twitch community would eat that up. You could probably even get promoted by Twitch if you were to get the temporary rights to stream it from the creators for charity 
    JoshuaHeter
  • MichelleMichelle California
    24 hours of Lost.  Start at season 1, episode 1.  I'm not even joking a little.  You could do the entire first season in 24 hours.  Both guys have said that they liked that season, and with the show's recent resurgence in popularity (especially with various rewatch podcasts) it would be perfect.  Plus, they redeem themselves from the commission I co-opted that broke my heart. :heartbreak:

I mean, I know they would never do that.  A girl can dream though. :smile:
    Hatorian
  • Not sure if this has been suggested already, but I always wanted to do a real-time marathon watch of the original season of 24 - beginning at midnight just like in universe, and watching 1 show an hour for 24 hours.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    I like the idea but every episode is only like 42 minutes so they would have ALOT of downtime. They would need to figure out something to make up the lost time from commercials
    15 min breaks between eps, then settling in for the next should fill those gaps.
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    That would leave 6 hours of break. But I like the idea and I, sure they can figure a way to make up for lost to,e
  • edited August 4
    Hatorian said:
    That would leave 6 hours of break. But I like the idea and I, sure they can figure a way to make up for lost to,e
    Maybe 24 micro-fundraising rounds?  The community could come up with mini-themes for each of these rounds based on a show covered by bald move podcasts.  You could even have a community member host each round online and Jim and A.ron would just need to go with the flow like improv comedy.  It would be interesting to see how far off the rails the boys get around hour 22.
    With restroom time, stretching their legs, getting something to eat/drink, checking in on girlfriend/wife/Jack, etc they'd have enough to fill the time between eps.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    @Carter should put together a 24 hour episode of Breaking Bald :D
    Murderbearhisdudeness915NoelFreddyMichelleawookiee
  • I liked it better when it was one thing being repeated over and over again. It would need to be fun, but not complete trash. I think a 24 hour stream of Commando or some 80's Arnold movie would be a hoot. The memes you would get from the one-liners would make it all worth it. 
  • Is this like Christmas in July? Groundhog's Day in August.
    Michelle
  • edited August 22
    Is it still a fundraiser?  Because you could do the Back to the Future trilogy and raise money for Parkinson's, perhaps.  The repetitious nature of the first two movies also kind of hearkens back to the original Groundhog Day concept.

Edit: Not raise money "for" Parkinson's, you know.  Against it.
    Chinaski