The Terror: Infamy (S2:E1) "A Sparrow in a Swallow's Nest" (spoilers)

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
edited August 12 in Other TV
The Terror: Infamy (S2:E1) "A Sparrow in a Swallow's Nest" (spoilers)

Directed by:  Josef Kubota Wladyka
Story by : Max Borenstein & Alexander Woo 
Teleplay by : Alexander Woo

Elisa

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I actually watched it last night because apparently I still have AMC premium, but I'm gonna wait until after it shows tonight to throw in my thoughts.  
    Elisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Just watched the cold open.  I'm 100% in.  This got me from the first scene.
    So glad this anthology series is back.  Also so happy to see George Takei in a role that has so much personal connection to his family.
    cdriveElisa
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Ahhhhh, the evil spirit done kill't that mean old cannery fish buyer.  He was rotten.
    cdriveElisa
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    I like the atmosphere they set from the beginning.  It's moving pretty quickly on getting into the story IMO. 
    Elisacdrive
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Loving it so far. It has all the right ingredients - the historical, the horror and the drama. 
    cdrive
    Loved the premiere.  I read somewhere from one of the show runners or writers that they were paying homage to Japanese horror genre, which I'm a big fan of.  So just like Stranger Things paying homage to some of the 80's horror greats, I think it is to be understood that these are intentional tips of the hat and not seen as tropey.

I first got hooked on Japanese horror through Ringu.  I randomly picked it up at the video rental store like "what the fuck? this looks cool. why not?"  2002 before twitter and YouTube so I had no heads up about what I was about to see.  When Sadako crawled through the TV I lost my shit. That was the scariest thing I had seen and I was alone in a dark room watching on a big square CRT TV.  Since then I have collected all that stuff.  I have DVD's of Ringu 1& 2, Ju-On 1 & 2, Dark Water, Premonition, etc.  So I'm stoked for this season.  I'm really rooting for it to be good.

Elisa
    edited August 14
    - bad take