Cleveland Browns walk on story

edited August 12 in General
I probably just missed it somehow but I couldn't find a thread for this years football season so here we go.  Has anybody heard or read the story about the Cleveland guy that talked his way into a tryout.  I really hope this guy makes the team, if so Cleveland might be my AFC team to root for this year.  I've always like OBJ's talent but his big head does get annoying.  Here's the article I read on the walk on guy...https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/09/us/nfl-rookie-sheehy-guiseppi-touchdown-trnd/index.html

Comments

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I didn’t know the story when I saw the highlight and was just so surprised when the entire team went to celebrate with him. It’s a wonderful story and I wish him the best.

I do have to say, I’m pumping the brakes a little bit on the Browns. Yes, they have the talent but I need to seem them at least win the division before I get excited. Baker’s fun to watch and this is certainly their best shot to make the playoffs in a long time. They made it back 03? Can’t even remember.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    yeah that's some Invincible type of story. almost as crazy as Antonio Brown getting frost bite, going AWOL, then threatening to never play another down over a helmet dispute all within a matter of days :D

• edited August 12
    I didn't look far enough back, last post was May which is surprising given preseason just started.  I renamed this thread so we don't have any confusion going forward.
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    edited August 12
    The talk around the Browns reminds me of the dream team Eagles, but if they stay healthy they're going to be good this year. Baker is really, really good and adding OBJ and Kareem Hunt to that offense is going to be dangerous. They've got a bunch of really high draft picks on defense too so if it can all come together they're as dangerous as anybody. The Browns as we think of them have always been tire fires of coaching staffs with terrible QBs, so Kitchens and Baker change everything about how cursed that franchise has been if they are who it looks like they are.

edit: not a general nfl thread anymore I guess woops

• Baker is really, really good and adding OBJ and Kareem Hunt to that offense is going to be dangerous. 

And not just to women in hotel hallways! Hey-O! 
    asmallcat said:
    Baker is really, really good and adding OBJ and Kareem Hunt to that offense is going to be dangerous. 

Seriously, they killed my enthusiasm for rooting for that team with that pickup.
  • asmallcat said:
    Baker is really, really good and adding OBJ and Kareem Hunt to that offense is going to be dangerous. 

Seriously, they killed my enthusiasm for rooting for that team with that pickup.
    My hope is that Nick Chubb does extremely well during the Hunt suspension and they end up trading him or something.  I'm a Vikings fan 100% but I need an AFC team to root for and I'm digging the Browns big time other than the big stain to the organization that Kareem Hunt brings. 
  • Huge Baker fan (OU college fan). Looking forward to the team this season
    awookiee said:
    asmallcat said:

My hope is that Nick Chubb does extremely well during the Hunt suspension and they end up trading him or something.  I'm a Vikings fan 100% but I need an AFC team to root for and I'm digging the Browns big time other than the big stain to the organization that Kareem Hunt brings.