Matthew Weiner on Nerdist

Matthew Weiner on Internet commentary and interpretation. Also, horse dicks are discussed.

• Really enjoyed this interview. Thanks for sharing...
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Don't know if it was Nerdist or Fresh Air but he revealed that the Bobby field trip story where "Bobby ruined it" was an actual story from when Matthew was a kid and he traded his mom's sandwich for gumdrops because he never saw his mom eat.

That threw me a little.  Matthew still described it as him ruining their field trip.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    edited May 2015
    Yes, whenever A.Ron goes off on Betty being a horrible human being, I think, "That's Matthew Weiner's mother you're talking about."  Of course, Weiner is putting it out there and opening Betty up to that kind of judgment.

I understood where he was coming from.  His mother did something unexpected (went on the field trip), but he didn't change his behavior (he assumed she wouldn't eat anything as usual).  The combination of one person being oversensitive and the other person being insensitive is never good, especially when one of them is supposed to be the adult in the relationship.
  • edited May 2015
    Great interview. I've heard him on The Nerdist twice now since they wrapped up shooting Season 7 and he sounds like he's on a victory parade. This gives me a lot of confidence on how Mad Men will end. I have no idea what's going to happen, and I'm so excited to find out. I found it interesting that "College" was his favorite Sopranos episode.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    @AntManBee Same here. How anyone could pick a non-Paulie heavy episode as their favorite is beyond me.