Ewan McGregor signed on for Obi-Wan Disney+ series

http://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/movie-reviews-movie-news/exclusive-ewan-mcgregor-signs-on-for-obi-wan-kenobi-return/

Too little too late? or just what Star Wars needs?
I think is has potential to be amazing  :)

Comments

• rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    I hope this is true, he was far and away the best part of the prequels and he is perfect as that character.

They could even have him fight Vader again, they never said how long it was since they had last seen each other in A New Hope.   The "a certain point of view" line in Jedi was made for this kind of stuff. 
  • rhcoop said:
    I hope this is true, he was far and away the best part of the prequels and he is perfect as that character.

They could even have him fight Vader again, they never said how long it was since they had last seen each other in A New Hope.   The "a certain point of view" line in Jedi was made for this kind of stuff. 
    i dont think they can without it seeming too fan servicey. you would really have to make a believable scene where Obi escapes because there is no way Vader is leaving without one of them dying. 
  • I would have been so insanely excited about this like 2 years ago. The Star Wars fandom beat all the excitement out of me. I think when The Mandalorian and this and Episode IX comes out I’m just going to try to watch this stuff alone without engaging in any discussions or speculation or any of the stuff that I used to enjoy.
    BroRad33
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I'll definitely be watching this. Star Wars should do *more* fan service. That's why The Force Awakens works, and Rogue One has parts that are excellent, and I enjoyed Solo, and I liked Galaxy's Edge, etc. After TLJ, and especially Marvel's Endgame, I'm much more in the "safe" camp with fan service. Go in a direction we expect? Yeah, just make it fun. 
    BroRad33