Comments

• NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I don’t know, I didn’t enjoy the last one at all. If they can redeem the franchise I’m all for it. I’m always down for more Keanu but they need to do right by him and the franchise.
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    I mean, spoilers I guess but didn't Neo and Trinity die in Revolutions?
  • fidozfidoz Houston
    I hated 2 & 3 so i'll pass on this one.
    ken hale
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited August 20
    There was a 3?

edit: oh yeah there was.  Yeesh. Stay down, Matrix. 
  • I guess there's nowhere to go but up... so ok.
    JoshuaHeterNoelBroRad33kianescbudesignsBhorten1
  • JoshuaHeterJoshuaHeter Omaha, NE
    edited August 21
    Jim said:
    I guess there's nowhere to go but up... so ok.
    I only vaguely remember the end of the 3rd movie... but I can’t imagine what the 4th one could be about.

That said... I’m probably going to see this on opening night because it’ll be a First Run Bald Movie. 

We’ll see how that goes.

gguenot
  • I mean, spoilers I guess but didn't Neo and Trinity die in Revolutions?

I wondered the same exact thing because, yes, they both died.  So unless this movie is going to take place before the time of the 3rd movie or they somehow do another alternate reality or somehow just say that the peace ended, the machines won the next war again and re-did the matrix and behold Neo and Trinity pop back up, I'm not sure how you make a 4th movie with the same characters.
    Murderbear
  • I always assumed they were going to start over and do a remake, was not expecting a Matrix 4 at all.

I wondered the same exact thing because, yes, they both died.  So unless this movie is going to take place before the time of the 3rd movie or they somehow do another alternate reality or somehow just say that the peace ended, the machines won the next war again and re-did the matrix and behold Neo and Trinity pop back up, I'm not sure how you make a 4th movie with the same characters.
    Hopefully The Matrix 4 is just 2 hours of the cave rave. Everyone loved those scenes....
    Noelbudesigns
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn

I just heard a good theory that Neo and Trinity's phyical bodies are dead and they now exist singularly in the Matrix kind of like the Marovingian (sp?) and his cronies.  Essentially the machines put them in the Matrix and they've finally escaped the machine's control somehow after all of this time. 

That would be an easy way to explain whey they aren't dead. 
    Murderbear
  • Maybe they could just continue from the OG Matrix? Have this be Matrix 2 - Revised.
    What would they name the 4th movie?

Neo and the Goblet of Fire

Matrix:     Salvation
                    Afterlife
                    Fury Road
                    The Voyage Home
                    Bases Loaded

• cdrive said:

Afterlife
                    Fury Road
                    The Voyage Home
                    Bases Loaded

Nah, leech off of something else, The Matrix: Endgame.
    cdrive
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    One was enough. 
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited August 21
    cdrive said:

Afterlife
                    Fury Road
                    The Voyage Home
                    Bases Loaded

Matrix 42: Electric Bugaloo

or

Escape from Matrix starring Jack Russell Terrier.
    MurderbearcdriveNoel
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited August 21
    lol, so much Matrix hate in this thread...  :wink:

I am super excited about it. Perfect timing to strike while the Keanu iron is red hot.

Matrix is probably the last movie I saw where I was utterly blown away by the twist. After that the internet was full-steam ahead and all bets were off for anything media related leaks and summaries at that point. That was also about the time where movie trailers started to give away all the plot points of the movie because studios seemed to think you wouldn't come watch if they didn't summarize the entire movie for you before you got there (a baffling trend that continues today). Also the first DVD I bought.

Were the sequels as good? No, clearly not, but I see what they were trying to do. If anything a Matrix-4 gives them a chance to clean things up a bit and have a bit of a second chance at the continuing story that I think is earned.
    rhcoop
  • I don't even remember what the resolution was.  Except Monica Belluci and Christopher Lambert are in them.  And and oracle.  The Matrix may be in my top 10 movies, and for sure it's my #1 going in without any expectations to a movie theater moment.  

redlancer said:

Were the sequels as good? No, clearly not, but I see what they were trying to do. If anything a Matrix-4 gives them a chance to clean things up a bit and have a bit of a second chance at the continuing story that I think is earned.

• I don't even remember what the resolution was.  Except Monica Belluci and Christopher Lambert are in them.  

lol, I think you mean Lambert Wilson, Chris Lambert is the Highlander guy.

rhcoopDoctor_Nick
    Freddy said:
    cdrive said:

Afterlife
                    Fury Road
                    The Voyage Home
                    Bases Loaded

Matrix 42: Electric Bugaloo

or

Escape from Matrix starring Jack Russell Terrier.
    Live Free or DieHard Battery
    blacksunrise7
  • well its gotta start with R like the other sequels and it of course needs to use a common word for sequels so...

Matrix 4: Return of the Energizer Bunny

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    The Matrix 4: Neo's Bogus Journey
    cdriveJoshuaHeterdochielomnNoelmajjam0770Murderbear
    For @Michelle

The Matrix 4getta Boutit! 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    The Matrix: I’m Back!
  • Matrix 4: Guns. Lots of guns.
  • Matrix 4: The Matrix Squared 

Spoiler:   The whole robot v human and zion reality was just another matrix.  
    The Matrix 4 All Mankind.. directed by Michael Bay, with a Transformers crossover, and Shia Labeouf as the new Agent Smith. rack it!

Calling it now. M4TRIX will be used
    cdriveChinaskiTeresa from ConcordJoshuaHeterDoctor_NickNoelawookieeblacksunrise7
    edited August 23
    Calling it now. M4TRIX will be used
    omg dude! i already see those billboards in LA haha. and the teaser trailer with the Matrix digital rain showing the title with the date. bravo my dude!

MurderbearDoctor_Nick
  • Hatorian said:
    well its gotta start with R like the other sequels and it of course needs to use a common word for sequels so...

Matrix 4: Return of the Energizer Bunny

Matrix: Resurrection, probably

Matrix: Redundant, honestly

blacksunrise7