Community seasons 3 and 4, should I skip them?

I said once before that I saw the premier for season 3 and wondered why it was so bad and heard about the Dan Harmon thing, should I jump to his return in season 5? 

Comments

• JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Dan Harmon wrote every season but 4. So 3 is included. 
  • It's been a while since I've seen them, but I watched the entire series.  There's a dip in form and some odd character moments, but IMO they're still watchable and funny at times...they definitely aren't so bad where I'd say that you should skip them.
    MurderbearTravis
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Yeah, plus it makes the payoff so much better when he does return.
  • Yea definitely don't skip season 3 some of the best stuff is in there (Harmon still involved). Season 4 is a let down but don't skip it because there is some funny stuff in there and removing Harmon for a season and returning him the next is fascinating especially if you are thinking of podcasting on it.
    MurderbearTravis
  • edited August 23
    Don't skip any of it! Even the lame stuff becomes another ongoing meta-joke. Plus, it's not a huge time commitment, you can binge it in a couple days if you push yourself, lol.

Edit: Woof, I just looked at season 4 on IMDB, and yeah, there's not a lot to love there.
    MurderbearTravis
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Nope. Season 4 feels off, and parts of Season 3 feel a bit forced. But it’s still great stuff. 
    MurderbearTravis
  • Ok I’ll continue with 3 :) 
    Travis
  • Yeah, I really liked season 3. Maybe not as much as 1 and 2, but it's definitely worth it. 4 made us flirt with the notion of jumping off, actually I think my wife did if I remember correctly, but I still think it was ultimately ok. I watched it and where I didn't LOVE it, I'm not mad at it.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I am not sure how many people stuck it out until the series finale, but man, what a way to end the series. Just a pitch perfect culmination of the series. The last 10 minutes always gets me a bit misty. (Below is the song used in the last couple of minutes of the finale. Its not a scene from the finale--Such an amazing song.)

• Realised my next season was 4 and not 3, this show is still excellent but definitely different, damn this cast is phenomenal. Watching 403 
  • The fourth season to me feels like a bunch of different writers trying to ape Harmon's style and just kind of going through the motions.  Some of the over-arching plot threads are good enough, like Changnesia, that I kind of wish they'd just done their own thing and not tried so hard to hit all the quirky notes they felt they had to.  But I'm making a lot of assumptions.  Season 5 is back to form very quickly!