Footage of the HMS Terror

HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
So one of those weird coincidences that makes it feel like you're the centre of the universe happened to me today.

I finally got around to watching the first season of the Terror and finished it up last night. The completely out of the blue, this story pops up on my newsfeed. They've just released footage of what the Terror looks like today. It's one of the most well-preserved shipwrecks of all time due to the cold, deep, dark water and the fact that it didn't sink from anything violent. One interesting find is that the Terror's propeller was in the deployed position.

Crozier's cabin is the only area that was inaccessible and they believe it to be the most well-preserved section of the ship. His logs or notes might still be in his desk.

It's at least nice to know that they didn't try and drag all the plates back to London.

They're planning on staying out there another couple of weeks and are planning a similar dive to check out the Erebus.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/terror-wreck-exploration-franklin-expedition-mystery-1.5252023

MarciMichelleHollyoak

Comments

• Hunkulese said:
    So one of those weird coincidences that makes it feel like you're the centre of the universe happened to me today.

I finally got around to watching the first season of the Terror and finished it up last night. The completely out of the blue, this story pops up on my newsfeed. They've just released footage of what the Terror looks like today. It's one of the most well-preserved shipwrecks of all time due to the cold, deep, dark water and the fact that it didn't sink from anything violent. One interesting find is that the Terror's propeller was in the deployed position.

Crozier's cabin is the only area that was inaccessible and they believe it to be the most well-preserved section of the ship. His logs or notes might still be in his desk.

It's at least nice to know that they didn't try and drag all the plates back to London.

They're planning on staying out there another couple of weeks and are planning a similar dive to check out the Erebus.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/terror-wreck-exploration-franklin-expedition-mystery-1.5252023

its not a coincidence. its the scary fact that this popped up in your newsfeed specifically because it knew you had watched the Terror. big brother man....they watching.....:)
    awookiee
  • HunkuleseHunkulese Québec, Canada
    Hatorian said:
    Hunkulese said:

its not a coincidence. its the scary fact that this popped up in your newsfeed specifically because it knew you had watched the Terror. big brother man....they watching.....:)
    I know you're joking, but this expedition is happening right now and the footage was released today. That's some next level Big Brother.
    Hatorianawookiee
  • Here’s another article with some additional info and photos:
    https://allthatsinteresting.com/hms-terror
    Hunkulese