Who else is waiting for Dorian to arrive?

CoryCory New Scotland
Or has it already passed you?

Comments

  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited September 6
    Trump drew it away from my area. 

    Seriously though, I hope everyone is safe
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Supposed to hit here tomorrow.  First hurricane as a home owner, kind of nervous.
  • It’s been downgraded to a cat 1 right? You should be ok
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I think so, but they aren't usually that strong when they make landfall up here.  And I have 9, 6 and 4 year olds depending on me.
    cdrivegguenot
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Cory said:
    I think so, but they aren't usually that strong when they make landfall up here.  And I have 9, 6 and 4 year olds depending on me.
    Stay safe buddy and be prepared.  
    Cory
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    gguenot said:
    It’s been downgraded to a cat 1 right? You should be ok
    Back up to a cat 2 now, I guess.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Back down to Cat 1 overnight, should be arriving here in an hour or so.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Cory said:
    Back down to Cat 1 overnight, should be arriving here in an hour or so.
    You doing alright? 
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Yup, so far.  I guess the worst of it will be this evening.  4:16pm here right now.
    cdrive
  • Good luck, @Cory ; Do what you gotta do to stay safe.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    edited September 8
    Thanks everyone. Somehow my basement isn't flooded, but a coworker's condo (in town) is flooded.

    Lost power less than 20 mins after that post. Estimated restoration time is Monday at 11pm.

    Worst is passed though, really didnt seem that terrible on my property though. Worse in town, but much, much, much worse in other coastal towns. Blew roofs off, big trees down in streets, and a big crane blown over in Halifax. Global warming can fuck off anytime.
  • Glad you made it through unscathed.
    Cory
  • edited September 8
    Wow, it really crumpled that crane, didn't it? I'm in Central Florida and we were bracing for a hard hit. Spent all of last weekend stocking supplies, cleaning out the garage to bring our cars in, bringing in the furniture and every loose item from the back yard. We really lucked out though and just got some heavy rains. Irma made a real mess here 2 years ago and it didn't even hit us that hard. Hope your power is back on soon @Cory !
    Cory
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Cory said:
    Thanks everyone. Somehow my basement isn't flooded, but a coworker's condo (in town) is flooded.

    Lost power less than 20 mins after that post. Estimated restoration time is Monday at 11pm.

    Worst is past though, really didnt seem that terrible on my property though. Worse in town, but much, much, much worse in other coastal towns. Blew roofs off, big trees down in streets, and a big crane blown over in Halifax. Global warming can fuck off anytime.
    So glad to hear you and your family made it through safely.
    Cory
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Glad you’re alright man.


    Cory
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Thanks everyone.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Marci said:
    Wow, it really crumpled that crane, didn't it? I'm in Central Florida and we were bracing for a hard hit. Spent all of last weekend stocking supplies, cleaning out the garage to bring our cars in, bringing in the furniture and every loose item from the back yard. We really lucked out though and just got some heavy rains. Irma made a real mess here 2 years ago and it didn't even hit us that hard. Hope your power is back on soon @Cory !
    I can't imagine being in Florida, or Louisiana/Mississippi/Texas or the Caribbean during one. This is only the second one I can remember hitting here (Juan, 2003, category 2) as an actual hurricane. Typically they are a tropical storm. Give me a good blizzard any day. lol

    No school for the kids tomorrow.

    Power restoration ETA is Tuesday 10 PM AST. Crews from several provinces have been throughout the province working to fix NSP's lack of annual tree maintenance... I mean the storm's damage.
    Marci
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Power restored,  no internet,  no water.

    Heading to second night shift.
Sign In or Register to comment.