Unbelievable

I just started this on Netflix. Kaitlyn Dever ( Loretta McCready on Justified ), Toni Collette (united States of Tara, the Mom on Sixth Sense) star.... Seems to have gotten good reviews, but I'm only on the first episode so don't have much of an opinion yet, besides hoping I never go through anything truly traumatic.

Comments

• MrXMrX CO
    edited September 15
    Haven't started this but planning on watching, mostly because it also stars Merritt Wever who is awesome.
  • 4 episodes in and can't stop watching. Getting a True Detective vibe. Pretty sure this up the Bald Move alley.
  • I haven't seen this yet, but I remember the story being reported by ProPublica...if I remember correctly, it was one of the stories that put them on the media map.
  • I'm almost done with it now. It's fantastic. It really hooked me around episode 4. Both the detective side and the victim side amp up then.

I wish the two threads meshed better. They don't interact much and initially the switchovers were emotionally jarring. Although the further along it got, the less the transitions bothered me.
  • I just finished binging this.  Once I started I found I couldn’t stop watching.  It definitively exceeded my expectations.  The story is disturbing especially knowing it is true and the acting from both both Toni Collette and Merritt Wever is amazing.  Once they start working together the show really gets interesting.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    So....I haven't gotten to this yet, but I grew up with and am best friends with the guy who is the villain. 
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    You all convinced me to get this on the list..,closer to the top! Unfortunately that song is now stuck in my head haha. 
    I knocked out three episodes last night. Dang, what a show. It is also really weird seeing such a good friend of mine in such a harrowing role. 
  • I binged the whole thing today. Loved it. 
  • CecilyCecily Cincinnati
    So....I haven't gotten to this yet, but I grew up with and am best friends with the guy who is the villain. 
    I knocked out three episodes last night. Dang, what a show. It is also really weird seeing such a good friend of mine in such a harrowing role. 
    I'm glad you added the last comment because I was wondering why if you knew the real guy in real life that you still called him your 'best friend', ha!
    BrieanneNoelMFG
    Cecily said:
    I'm glad you added the last comment because I was wondering why if you knew the real guy in real life that you still called him your 'best friend', ha!
    Oh god. Nope He did express to me how awful it was filming those scenes. I've finally gotten to the part in the series where he has some real screen time. It is odd. 
    Cecily
  • edited September 20
    I’m on episode one and this woman’s performance is heartbreaking. I really really hope they review it.
    I finished up last night. Man, I found the mid-section to have some bloat as lots of Netflix shows do. But it ended on humdinger. Also, I ended up seeing lots of my friend that in the 25 years that I've known him had never intended to. 
  • Was wikipedia-ing and discovered that the actor who plays Det. Pruitt also voices Patrick on SpongeBob. And now I can't stop thinking about that anytime he talks.
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Finished the first episode and not what I expected. The characters are a bit stereotypical, especially the police, and no Toni, no Kaitlyn. But I trust in the B'Move community (It paid off with The Leftovers which I loved) so I will continue to watch. 
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    We finished the 1st episode.  I’m ready for the next episode. Poor girl. 
  • Finished it last night, what a great show. Wasn't sure I wanted to dive into a show on this subject matter but I thought they treated it with great care - really treating the victims with respect and as real characters instead of glorifying the crimes. Apparently the real life Marie Adler and the journalists who wrote the story it was based on all thought it did the story justice.

Episode 7 especially was a standout - the interweaving of the raid/arrest and Marie's counseling session was masterful.

And when they finally linked the Colorado cases to Marie was a great moment.

All 3 leads deserve a lot of recognition for their performances.
    Eine FrauNoel