The Guardian's Top 100 TV shows of the 21st Century

Here's the list

I know these things are made to generate debate, but I think it's good to shine a spotlight on a few shows that are amazing and pretty obscure - it's from the British paper so fair warning it's got plenty of home bias

Comments

• Seems 81 years to early
    FlashGordon
  • Lost at 71? Did A.Ron make this list? :-p
    FlashGordon
  • Leftovers at 87, delete all future Guardian content
    ChinaskiCretanBullkojiattwoodTravis
  • That's a pretty bad list.
    kojiattwood
  • FlukesFlukes Calgary, Canada
    I feel strongly that these kinds of lists shouldn't be ranked - a collection of 100 shows, grouped by genre (not ranked) would be more useful to me as a reader. That doesn't drive clicks like a ranked top-100 list though.
    CretanBullFlashGordon
  • Flukes said:
    I feel strongly that these kinds of lists shouldn't be ranked - a collection of 100 shows, grouped by genre (not ranked) would be more useful to me as a reader. That doesn't drive clicks like a ranked top-100 list though.
    Couldn't agree more.  
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    Though the top 5 is pretty dead on
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    edited September 17
    If we're talking about current status instead of cultural importance when the shows came out, Sex and the City is way too high. And British Baking way high (why on this list, in fact?- Big Brother franchise, Idol franchise or Survivor aren't on this list.)   
  • @Teresa from Concord
    Agreed, was especially pleased to see the thick of it on there
  • @Flukes yeh the ranking is there just to piss people/validate their opinions, but that's part of the fun :)
  • I didn't finish the list, soon as Flight of the Conchords (which I absolutely Love) is higher than Band of Brothers, I just left the list immediately.

CapeGabeFlashGordon