Frozen 2

JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
This trailer is so epic I'm certain we'll be discussing this once it comes out so here's a thread!

I've watched it 5x already lol.

cdrivecalebthrowerAlkaid13

Comments

• calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    As a teacher that had to endure years (and still going) of kids singing 'Let It Go', I'm afraid of what songs this movie will implant into the social conscience that I won't be able to escape  :D
    JaimieT
  • As a teacher that had to endure years (and still going) of kids singing 'Let It Go', I'm afraid of what songs this movie will implant into the social conscience that I won't be able to escape  :D

As the father of a then 2-yr old and now 8 yr old I know your pain. However, I think that song was a cultural lighting in a bottle situation. My guess is this time around we won't have that to that extreme.

That being said, still looking forward to the movie :)

I'm ready for a shared universe Avengers style princess crossover event. Last several Disney movies all had protagonists with powers, and I know that must at least be on a whiteboard somewhere in the Disney compound...

JaimieT
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    Yeah, "Let It Go" speaks to a certainly universal anxiety, but a pointedly female anxiety, of not being in touch with one's inner desires. "Part of Your World" was a previous generation's song about longing to achieve one's dream. All that "follow your dreams!" 90s stuff. Now I guess it's some flavor of "celebrate your individuality"? I don't think these cultural or female anxieties change too often so we're probably good for a bit.

And I am always down for "Part of Your World," so I get the obsession with "Let It Go."
  • Frozen was great, F2 looks great. The hype is real. 
    JaimieT
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    My boys are gonna flip tf out when they see the new trailer. They already know there’s a new one on deck but of course haven’t seen the new trailer drop today. 
    JaimieT
    edited September 24
    I'm just sooooo stoked for a badass female-driven classic fantasy that isn't sexualized and is written well. I never had that growing up. I know they existed but I never gravitated to them. I think they just weren't very good.

Sexualization is fine, but I want something innocent for child-me.

Wardrobe changes! Hairstyle changes! Musical numbers to sing later! Parent angst from privileged people! Dangerous and exciting magic! 

Rey in Star Wars 8 was a letdown on several of those fronts; let's hope Frozen 2 is well-written, but I'll always have Frozen 1. 
    cdrive
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    My only wish is to have less to none of Olaf. He’s Jar Jar Binks annoying. And my 7 year old niece agrees. 
    edited September 30
    Well, if this is their Let It Go it will NOT be that popular. It's just an adventure song. And mostly a lot of belting long notes. I am digging it, but yeah, no worries parents! I'd rate this on the same level as "How Far I'll Go" from Moana. 

Just released in America:

But the Japanese one is better, with the siren singing under her... yikes, that's beautiful.

cdrive