AHS 1984 episode 2 (spoilers)

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
AHS 1984 episode 2 (spoilers)
Lets go!

If you come in here, you’ve seen episode 2 and all theories are fair game! 
Cecily

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    The hitchhiker somehow can't be killed!
    cdrive
    Also,the playlist is being updated live throughout the episode:
    https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5F9yUfVecKj8UuOuwxr59p

cdrive
    I just missed the last like 15 minutes or so.  Time for a rewatch!
    edited September 26
    That is the most 80s wedding dress ever - they're only missing a HUGE headpiece with dangly pearls.
    And Aron called it about Montana!
    Also, who was that body floating in the water? 
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    Throwing this out there... could Margaret have been the one that killed her whole cabin in 1970 and framed Mr. Jingles somehow?  and that’s why he’s so bent on revenge against her all these years?
    rhcoop
  • rhcooprhcoop Knoxville, Tn
    Brieanne said:
    Throwing this out there... could Margaret have been the one that killed her whole cabin in 1970 and framed Mr. Jingles somehow?  and that’s why he’s so bent on revenge against her all these years?
    HIGHLY possible.  I think he is a killer as well, but that was her handiwork.  That story of her not making a sound when he supposedly cut her ear off doesn't fly with me. 
    Yeah, when Jonas (the hiker - btw, did anyone happen to zoom in on his name badge to catch his last name?) was remembering seeing Margaret in 1970 and that shot of her creepily staring out of the window, covered in blood.... that was when I got the 'she def. killed some peeps' feeling.  I mean, I suspected there was more to her, possibly a violent side, but this pretty much nailed my suspicions.  And then when she was talking to the Night Stalker in her cabin, that sealed it for me.  Her born-again finding God and believing in Baby Jesus is either a cover-up for her past (possibly present?) actions, or an excuse of sorts ("I'm a good Christian woman and a victim, why would *I* do it?").

And also, WTF to that whole scene of her and the Night Stalker just sitting and talking on her couch.  I mean, COME. ON.  The real one would have killed her dead as soon as she walked in and found him.  But we're supposed to believe that she can talk to him like a psychiatrist and get to the core of his violent tendencies all 'cause she bothered to listen and gave him something hot to drink?  Puh-lease!!!!  *suspension of disbelief moment*

And, I realized that the body that floated up around Brooke's feet at the dock was the woman from the asylum that Jingles had just murdered (what was her name?).

I'm still trying to figure out what exactly is up with the hiker 1970 counselor (I guess, since we know who he is now).  Margaret told him that he must be a ghost since ghosts are in the bible so they must exist and he should have died after the Night Stalker killed him twice and he was still alive.   I think she's wrong and that there is something a little more - supernatural? - to him.  Not sure about this one though, still working it out.

On a side note, I can just picture Ryan Murphy telling the world "you're welcome" for that shower scene. :sweat_smile:
    cdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    "God helps those who help themselves."   Yeah...she most definitely had something to do with her husband's death.  Like a classic "Black Widow" scenario.  And she was way too quick to drop the Christian front in that pep talk with Richard Ramirez to get him to go after Mr. Jingles.  Night Stalker VS Jingles reminds me of Freddy VS Jason.  
    Michelle
  • Margaret definitely killed those people and Mr Jingles is seeking revenge because she cut off her own ear and framed him for it. They made way too much out of her instantly empathizing with Ramirez with all that "you can forgive literally everything with God" and the person coming to warn her about how obsessed Jingles is. I think she didn't want Ramirez killing anybody else because she wants to do it. I can't believe they went with Mr Jingles.
    Michelle
    How are we feeling about Chef Bertie?  Any out-there theories about her?
    MattyWeaves
  • MattyWeavesMattyWeaves Mid-State New York
    Michelle said:
    How are we feeling about Chef Bertie?  Any out-there theories about her?
    I hope they pay homage to Sleepaway Camp and in a twist, she's a creepy pedophile.
    Michelle
  • few things:
    1) Richard Ramirez was known to cook and eat while people were tied up before he killed them
    2) notice the van and occupants - look like ScoobyDoo? even the driver is a blond like Freddie
    3) If I close my eyes this is stranger things piggyback, even the theme is a similar tempo to ST.