Sturgill Simpson Presents Sound & Fury

Sturgill Simpson Presents Sound & Fury just hit Netflix this weekend and I watched it today. In the tradition of The Wall, this "anime visual album" for Sturgill Simpson's Sound & Fury is really wild. It's from the animator of Batman Ninja and uses some really neat and varied animation styles. I need to listen to the album on it's own to determine how much I love it (Sailors Guide to Earth is one of my favorite albums of the decade), but on first listen it's really good. Anyone else give this a shot?

Comments

• Yea but they lost me with the weird ass dancing scene. 
  • Felt like I needed to take a shower after watching that part...
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    That's where I completely fell in love! Also, they show how the battle "actually" took place after the credits if a Legion style dance off isn't your thing.
    Hatorian
  • That's where I completely fell in love! Also, they show how the battle "actually" took place after the credits if a Legion style dance off isn't your thing.
    i did skip around a bit after the dance scene. i didn't see all of it though so ill have to go back and check out the after credits. i will say the amimation in the first scene with the car driving through the desert is amazing.
  • Such a fun scene!
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Haven't watched the anime yet but damn that album is good!
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, MB, I saw his name, anime, and 41 minute runtime and it was an instant in for me and Cecily. Metamodern Sounds in Country Music gets a lot of spin in our house.