Stranger Things 4

Netflix has already dropped a teaser for Stranger Things 4 (link below). The tagline is “We’re not in Hawkins anymore.”

This is much sooner than expected (I think). Is it possible that we’ll be getting the season (much) earlier than expected too? I think Jim and Aron speculated about this in their season 3 coverage.

It makes sense. With Disney + launching (along with a myriad of other streaming services), it seems like it’s all hands on deck over at Netflix to survive the barrage (think The Irishman, El Camino, etc.).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/tv/2019/09/30/stranger-things-4-announced-new-teaser/amp/

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Oh God, this is dropping at Christmas, isn't it? *screams in podcaster*
    JoshuaHeterChinaskibazjensterMichelleGrahamcalebthrowerjtmy92
  • Netflix has already dropped a teaser for Stranger Things 4 (link below). The tagline is “We’re not in Hawkins anymore.”

This is much sooner than expected (I think). Is it possibly that we’ll be getting the season (much) earlier than expected too? I think Jim and Aron speculated about this in their season 3 coverage.

It makes sense. With Disney + launching (along with a myriad of other streaming services), it seems like it’s all hands on deck over at Netflix to survive the barrage (think The Irishman, El Camino, etc.).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/tv/2019/09/30/stranger-things-4-announced-new-teaser/amp/
    doubtful. they just announced the deal with the Duffer brothers for a bunch of content and just stated ST4 will be the first of the content. i wouldnt expect anything before 2020. if i had to put money i would say Q4 2020. 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    i still need to finish S3. i got kinda bored with it tbh. i've been considering giving it another shot.
  • JUSTICE FOR FAT RAMBO
    awookieekojiattwoodMegGryffindorA_Ron_Hubbard
  • Teresa from ConcordTeresa from Concord Concord, California
    I was not a fan of Fat Rambo this season. And I just watched Hellboy and holy shit that was bad. I’m hoping this isn’t a sign of Harbours to come. 
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited October 1
    I was not a fan of Fat Rambo this season. And I just watched Hellboy and holy shit that was bad. I’m hoping this isn’t a sign of Harbours to come. 
    I kinda liked fat Rambo vs discount-Terminator that turned-out-to-be-pretty-much-Terminator, Terminator

awookiee
  • edited October 1
    First off awesome teaser, immediately got me excited for next season.  I don't think they are going to do anything crazy and have it drop as soon as 2019 yet but my other question is what is the clock that Stranger Things has displayed as their facebook profile picture and what is it hinting at...

No photo description available

To me it looks like 5 seconds to midnight but I don't know what that is hinting at. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    A Watchmen crossover, no doubt. 

Here's why I think there's a good chance it is coming out Q4 2019. There was a strong buzz about that literally the day s3 dropped. That was odd considering the production schedule to date. But also, these kids are aging at lightspeed, so it would make sense if you're doing a really long production schedule anyway, to film s3 and s4 LOTR style. 

Points against it; it would be really hard to keep it under wraps. But if they are out of hawkins, using all new sets, or maybe filming in Alaska / Canada to stand in for Russia, it might just be possible to keep that and all the post-production secret for 4 or 5 months? Maybe?

Honestly, I'm hoping it does push to 2020, because if it doesn't, something else will almost certainly get the axe, given it's popularity.  And I'm more excited for everything we're scheduled to do or we're contractually obligated to do than for ST4 at this point.
    awookieeJoshuaHeter
  • redlancerredlancer Seattle
    edited October 1
    awookiee said:
    First off awesome teaser, immediately got me excited for next season.  I don't think they are going to do anything crazy and have it drop as soon as 2019 yet but my other question is what is the clock that Stranger Things has displayed as their facebook profile picture and what is it hinting at...

No photo description available

To me it looks like 5 seconds to midnight but I don't know what that is hinting at. 

At first I thought it looked just like the Back to the Future clock tower, but double-checked and the clock hand shapes are wrong and roman numeral font a little different. Guess ARon's Watchmen crossover theory confirmed...